Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gimme them solo grind games

IcemastaIcemasta Member UncommonPosts: 162
So yeah, I need something to occupy my thoughts when I got time to game, so I am looking for a game with grind.

To give an example of a game I like but I am kinda burned out of; Black Desert Online, it's just grinding for an hour straight, nothing else much, but it can be fun.

I don't mind if there is possible group play, but I don't want a grind game where I NEED to party up to grind.

Also; no diablo 3 or Path of Exile, I've done my 6 weeks in PoE and I am burned out there too.

Comments

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    If you are ok with grinding quests, Rift has you covered.  Rift does have several kinds of group play but they are pretty much all optional.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,851
    edited October 2018
    Lineage 2 classic servers, if willing to throw for a VIP sub to avoid the brutal F2P queues.

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IcemastaIcemasta Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Yeah I was currently looking back at Lineage 2, haven't played in probably 10 years. @susandshadow, no, I am not really interested in questing, it's lots of traveling with little action going on.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 2,940
    Tree of Savior has a lot in common with Ragnarok online.  It's not as good imo but it's worth a shot since its free.
    Mensur
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,851
    Well Bless is preparing for a new NA F2P "launch" but you probably want a good game.

;)
    OG_Zorvand_20

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,954
    Honestly you could just throw a fucking dart , there all grinds.....
    Octagon7711
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,759
    You are pretty much mentioning FFXI.

I play on a couple free private servers,not nearly the full game but still fun playing the many jobs/classes and combining them.
    The "grind" if you can call it that is grinding pages from books to get added gold/gil and added xp.
    The idea is to actually get good xp fighting non party mobs,so solo mobs,where as in the early days you had to group to get great xp.Different servers have different perks.
    The full retail game is cheap to buy,you would get the entire game for around 30 bucks i guess,maybe cheaper with a free month of subscription.There is also a trial i believe still kicking around.

The main difference is more mounts have been added to retail but one private server also has mounts.The other difference is that on retail you can make a full party of npc's,4-5 plus yourself and they are quite good.Matter of fact they are so good,it makes other devs look cheap with their pet systems.
    Eventually at end game stuff level 90+ or 99 there is some grouping needed but for the most part there is ions to fool around with before you get to that point.
    No other mmorpg has the depth of FFXI,EQ2 has decent housing a couple other games do as well but for what the housing is worth,you get a cheap moghouse in FFXI that does the trick.

HUGE game.

Other than FFXI,there is FFXIV is sort of closer to the linear questing games but not entirely,the game does stuff with a different twist.FFXi is a more OPEN ended game than the rest.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,919
    Destiny 2, The Division, ESO, GW2.  Great games, imo, in which you can solo grind all you want.  GW2 HoT is grouping but they have open groups, you don't have to formally group unless you want to.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 490
    Project Gorgon.
    ronnab
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    If you want something more modern then really you're stuck with BDO or you could try something like Grim Dawn if you're in the mood for more aRPGs.

Out of what I call the big 3 right now (D3, PoE and Grim Dawn), I think Grim Dawn is by far the best one. Second expansion coming out for it soon too.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 151
    edited October 2018
    EDIT: Ignore me, I stated a multiplayer grind game. My bad
    time007
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,054
    black desert online

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

• yggdrasil0601yggdrasil0601 Member CommonPosts: 4
    Wurm Unlimited is a sandbox game with ton of grinding. Depending on the server you are on it can be a huge grind. Combat is a bit lacking but will keep you going for an extended period of time.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 2,827
    EQ2, LOTRO....tons of different grinds
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 2,865
    edited October 2018
    What You want.. is Trove.

You can just run for hours on end, grinding content. Anyway you want to do it too, and the best part is, you won't need a group to do the content, but you can group if you want to.

Combat is Solid.

You can grind for Raw Power and Gear, exploring new Biodomes and unlocking near gear slots as you grow in power and levels.

You can grind to unlock Classes, Mounts, Wings, Boats, Mag Riders, Dragons, Recipes, and all kinds of things.

If you get the Itch for some "Boss Mob" killing, you can head off to Shadow Tower and grind that as well, which you can enjoy both solo or in a group.

They also have a their latest expansion Geode

Or maybe rumble in the Bomber Royal, or just do some PvP in the Arena.

There is no shortage of things to do in Trove, in fact if you want to get lost in just building something you can buy a Club World, and just build a whole Zone if you like.. or you can just destroy masses of land as you ravage across the worlds.

Trove is by far, one of the most complete and open MMO's out on the Market today.

But it's Voxel graphics, and that's a deal breaker for some.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited October 2018
    Ungood said:

You can just run for hours on end, grinding content. Anyway you want to do it too, and the best part is, you won't need a group to do the content, but you can group if you want to.

Combat is Solid.

You can grind for Raw Power and Gear, exploring new Biodomes and unlocking near gear slots as you grow in power and levels.

You can grind to unlock Classes, Mounts, Wings, Boats, Mag Riders, Dragons, Recipes, and all kinds of things.

If you get the Itch for some "Boss Mob" killing, you can head off to Shadow Tower and grind that as well, which you can enjoy both solo or in a group.

There is no shortage of things to do in Trove, in fact if you want to get lost in just building something you can buy a Club World, and just build a whole Zone if you like.. or you can just destroy masses of land as you ravage across the worlds.

Trove is by far, one of the most complete and open MMO's out on the Market today.

Well this post was made BEFORE Trion got bought by Gamigo, but do NOT even think of playing Trove. I know a lot of people search old threads, so don't want them to be at risk of spending any second with Trove or any other ex-trion games. Trion no longer owns it (or any Trion game is no longer owned by Trion), and Gamigo is a scummy hugely pay to win company with TONS of failed MMOs made to get a quick buck out of people

Very sad, because Trove is an amazing game (Trion's only good one they had) that I actually put money in. But its all but now a dead game under Gamigo. And while its of course not officially dead...it doesn't take a genius to see Gamigo's pay to win failed MMOs to see how they'll treat Trion's old games they no longer own. And also Gamigo fired almost everyone at Trion so that is a sign they are gonna close down so many of their MMOs.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• DwaaawffulDwaaawfful Member UncommonPosts: 62
    I'm having fun with Darkest Dungeon.

It's not MMO, but it maxes on the YOU VS A CRUEL COSMOS vibe in a way that's beyond unrelenting.

Drop in for 20 mins ... stay for an hour ... it's a great filler when there's nothing else going on.

Great instant death options too.
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,376
    Magic the Gathering: Arena. Grind your soul off. :)
  • CazrielCazriel Member UncommonPosts: 419
    On the aRPG front, there's Hellgate London, just newly released on Steam or, if you own D2:LOD and have the discs, you can play the great mod Median XL, which is a terrifically done grind. 

I'd also throw TERA out there as being a good grind. 

Top of the MMO list is undoubtedly LOTRO, which rewards you for completing grinding deeds.  If you pick a good DPS class like Minstrel, Champion or Hunter, you'll have a good time grinding. 
    Gorwe
  • shenfreyshenfrey Member UncommonPosts: 114
    edited January 2019
    Ungood said:

Combat is Solid.

Well this post was made BEFORE Trion got bought by Gamigo, but do NOT even think of playing Trove. I know a lot of people search old threads, so don't want them to be at risk of spending any second with Trove or any other ex-trion games. Trion no longer owns it (or any Trion game is no longer owned by Trion), and Gamigo is a scummy hugely pay to win company with TONS of failed MMOs made to get a quick buck out of people

Very sad, because Trove is an amazing game (Trion's only good one they had) that I actually put money in. But its all but now a dead game under Gamigo. And while its of course not officially dead...it doesn't take a genius to see Gamigo's pay to win failed MMOs to see how they'll treat Trion's old games they no longer own. And also Gamigo fired almost everyone at Trion so that is a sign they are gonna close down so many of their MMOs.
    Then Trion should have known better. No matter how bad things get you do everything you can to remain independent, or at the very least stay committed to a publisher you know is not going to harm your games - even if it means making the difficult decision of shutting down games to save money and resources. 
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited January 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Well Bless is preparing for a new NA F2P "launch" but you probably want a good game.

;)
    This is pretty much what I was thinking. If you don't care much about quality, or if you don't mind a "quirky" game, you might like the kill quest grinding in Bless. The combat made my hand hurt, though. I'm not sure if they've improved it.

ESO can be a grind too. You can just skip all the quests and go around the map killing stuff, collecting skyshards and chests, killing world bosses and closing dolmens. You can level up that way, collect necessary skill points,  and start on your Champion Points. Lots of grind there.