Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dot hack. will it happen?

13»

Comments

• ruf_locust7ruf_locust7 Member Posts: 9

I really want one because i am kind of addicted to dot hack and i think that the profits would be as high as World Of Warcraft or perhaps even higher :))

• TriadninjaTriadninja Member Posts: 111

I don't think a .hack MMO will happen, though I can't say never because they are making all sorts of wierd MMOs nowadays. The only problem I forsee with it is unless they made it as immersive as The World was, the game would just be yet another Japaneese/Korean fantasy MMO that only die-hard .hack fans would play, with the exception of people passing through. For them to make a truly amazing .hack MMO they would need to make it as big, epic and immersive as the series makes it seem. And trust me, if people started going into comas and getting stuck in the world, I would play that shit all day.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Triadninja

I don't think a .hack MMO will happen, though I can't say never because they are making all sorts of wierd MMOs nowadays. The only problem I forsee with it is unless they made it as immersive as The World was, the game would just be yet another Japaneese/Korean fantasy MMO that only die-hard .hack fans would play, with the exception of people passing through. For them to make a truly amazing .hack MMO they would need to make it as big, epic and immersive as the series makes it seem. And trust me, if people started going into comas and getting stuck in the world, I would play that shit all day.

When you say it like that (My survival instainct and the gamer is me are having a fight right now).

Anyone here read the classic Red dwarf book "Better than life?". Games like this could really end humanity.

• EmeraldFox01EmeraldFox01 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by Triadninja

When you say it like that (My survival instainct and the gamer is me are having a fight right now).

Anyone here read the classic Red dwarf book "Better than life?". Games like this could really end humanity.

If they had some sort of a mixture between a sand box and an open sim kind of engine then if this game was made this way I could see it really take off and be populer.  but for me personally it would have to be a free to play to get anywhere

• Deathgod881Deathgod881 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    I would play it to hell XD

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

• MartinAolMartinAol Member Posts: 11
    I really want one, too .
  • thecoolestthecoolest Member Posts: 31
    I watched .hack earlier and I found it great. If I will be the one that is inside in an MMO, DREAM COME TRUE. ROFL :)
  • SJStrikersSJStrikers Member UncommonPosts: 34
    If you want the landscape and style of game in .Hack I felt like Shadowsbane did that quite well.
  • StrikeboyStrikeboy Member CommonPosts: 28
    you mean like a real MMORPG and not just that pseudo MMORPG on PS2/PSP?
  • timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    edited October 2017
    First

damn...
  • yggdrasil0601yggdrasil0601 Member CommonPosts: 4
    .hack would be a fun MMO but not sure how that would work out. Also even in its prime it didnt have a huge following.