Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

delete

NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
edited December 2019 in Star Citizen
delete
To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
Post edited by NorseGod on
[Deleted User]KylerancheyanePhaserlightOctagon7711NordicApacheklash2def

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Oh man,i have been thinking about what our countries will be like in another 50 years and it is scary.I feel sad for the next few generations,they will enter a really bad world.
    Know why nobody really sees it.it happens slowly around us while everyone is moving about frantically never having time to notice what goes around them.

Just reading threads,news etc etc,i feel most of the time people have been living under a rock.Their job,children,family,health etc etc no time to notice the rest and usually most don't even care.
    I can pretty much sum it up by saying that a lot of the stuff you see in movies will eventually be real.
    Microchips embedded into people,the obvious facial recognition with more and more cameras spying on us everywhere but claimed needed as security measures.I laugh and sigh,so many bad people,we need to do this and that to stop them,but hey let's allow people to walk around with guns and shoot them dead if their space is invaded.

You can bet if people don't already know that all the media outlets are tied together like the Twitter/Google/Amazon etc etc ,make for VERY easy government profiling and spying.just look at why they went after Snowden,funny how he is convicted of treason yet Trump is running the good ole USA lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Usually  the government already has our biometric data (at least in EU, USA, China, Japan, Korea etc.). Guess what is stored on the chip in the biometric (!) passport ?!

Have fun

• SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    edited October 2018
    Erillion said:
    Usually  the government already has our biometric data (at least in EU, USA, China, Japan, Korea etc.). Guess what is stored on the chip in the biometric (!) passport ?!

Have fun

You are talking to people who have never left their country even for a vacation. 

My government has my picture and my fingerprints for some time now, and I'm no criminal. The biometric passport is cool AF tho. 
    ErillionNordicApache
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited October 2018
    That ship sailed a long time ago. If someone wants to find you, they will. Whatever you hear about in the mainstream news or on the internet is old story. The intelligence community is way (decades) ahead of what you will read about in the WaPo or BBC future or whatever.

Any kind of black budget stuff you read about is just speculation, because people who are authorized to know don't tell.
    Asm0deus

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited October 2018
    Seeing US logic, the same thing with Google, Microsoft and all sharing data with the government, this is what Americans will have to put up with.

There's always the pretext of security, that has its validity, but once governments have such huge control and access to you... who knows what'll happen.

ON trying to relate this to SC and FOIP, FOIP is not part of Amazon or the Lumberyard Engine, FOIP belongs to Faceware (http://facewaretech.com/) and is them who have been working to implement it on-game, so this doesn't relate to Amazon or what they're up to with their engine/services.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited December 2019
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    edited December 2019
    edited October 2018
    NorseGod said:
    Why do we have to put up with services selling our data?
    Because you don't live in Europe I guess?

Something has any backdoor and relay of networking data is highly unlikely via Amazon's engine, on that aspect Lumberyard is open source.

Now when the question is what they put under "national security", it gets complex, ends up on social networks like Telegram that are used by terrorist groups at will because the company shields data, hence why this whole thing is a controversial thing where the right for privacy clashes with criminal behavior shielded beyond authorities access. 
    edited December 2019
    edited December 2019
    delete
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited October 2018
    Folks scared of the government using our information should be equally scared of private corporations using it.  At least here in the US, contrary to popular belief, there are way more internal checks on government officials than there are internal checks on private corporations.

The thing to be scared of is when the government and those corps seem to be supporting the same exact position.  Governments, by nature, should look to mediate a position between consumers and producers in the market.  Following too heavily in either direction will cause issues for the other party.
    NorseGodOctagon7711Phaserlight

edited December 2019
    edited October 2018
    I mean you can be concerned as your information is ending up within private and government servers.

But one also has to consider that this whole no-access no-control freedom the internet has, is also shielding criminal activities. The only real way we can balance this is having an actual system that is responsible for this and bridges up with the authorities when is necessary instead of being so shady (like when a judge has to approve a request for your house to be searched), then they could take private data storage outside the hands of private companies.
    MadFrenchie
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    facebook sells your info for years now, and just now you are worried about a game company selling your info?
    understand goverment is all about control, to keep they power they need to control you, keeping you in control makes you a slave killing yourself in a system who give you crumbles.

if you have a bank account they have your info, if you use a credit card too, steam? you did give then some info when you make the account right? e-mail? why you think you e-mail is "free"? there is no such thing as free, they are getting money from somewhere and ads are the least revenue they get, so only way to prevent that is go live in a cave without anything, and even so someone will find you and try to sell you something, or you can learn how to deal with it, or even not care

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    edited December 2019

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    NorseGod said:
    d_20 said:
    That ship sailed a long time ago. If someone wants to find you, they will. Whatever you hear about in the mainstream news or on the internet is old story. The intelligence community is way (decades) ahead of what you will read about in the WaPo or BBC future or whatever.

Any kind of black budget stuff you read about is just speculation, because people who are authorized to know don't tell.
    I don't have a footprint. But now not having a footprint makes you a "suspect". 
    Everyone has a footprint.
    NorseGod

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Erillion said:

Have fun

You are talking to people who have never left their country even for a vacation. 

My government has my picture and my fingerprints for some time now, and I'm no criminal. The biometric passport is cool AF tho. 
    It's worse than that. The US government has my fingerprints, and I'm not a US citizen. But I had to submit fingerprints (and picture taken) to enter the country, from Canada. I have no idea how long they hold onto that information. So I'm not overly worried about amazon selling my face to the government,  because they already have it. 
    edited December 2019
    Kyleran
    NorseGod said:
    I don't have a footprint. But now not having a footprint makes you a "suspect". 
    "I don't have a footprint."

says the person with 1404 posts on an internet website.

Have fun

Octagon7711Kyleranklash2def
    edited December 2019
    edited December 2019
    NorseGod said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

The RFI chip you can kill in the microwave? :) I just got new passports two months ago, we never gave anyone our biometrics. What country are you from? I'm US.

Does your passport have a picture in it ?

Does the picture follow the guidelines for passport pictures ? 
    (I assume yes, otherwise you would not have a new passport)

Congratulations, you just gave the US government your biometric data.

"A biometric or biometric identifier is a measurable physical or behavioral characteristic of an individual, which can be used to verify the identity of that individual or to compare against other entries when stored in a database. Examples of biometrics include facial recognition, fingerprints, and iris scans. The U.S. Electronic Passport uses the digital image of the passport photograph as the biometric identifier that is used with facial recognition technology to verify the identity of the passport bearer."

Same goes for EU.  I am Austrian.  Austria has a much more strict population registration system than the USA. More data is known to the goverment than what is stored on that passport chip. The passport is just one piece of the puzzle.

Have fun
    NorseGod said:
    Anything that I don't want people knowing would be against RoC for me to say it here anyways.

The chans however, VPN and IP Spoofing, yes! lol
    You could use a TOR browser and the Darknet and you would still have a footprint. Just by writing here.    --> http://u.cs.biu.ac.il/~koppel/papers/AuthorshipProfiling-cacm-final.pdf

VPN and IP spoofing is for children. If you think that means you have no footprint - think again.

Have fun

klash2def
    edited October 2018
    NorseGod said:
    MaxBacon said:
    I mean you can be concerned as your information is ending up within private and government servers.

But one also has to consider that this whole no-access no-control freedom the internet has, is also shielding criminal activities. The only real way we can balance this is having an actual system that is responsible for this and bridges up with the authorities when is necessary instead of being so shady (like when a judge has to approve a request for your house to be searched), then they could take private data storage outside the hands of private companies.
    They already do that here in the US with FISA judges. Don't know if you follow the news here, FISA judges don't even bother reading the warrants they sign. Plus the judges are baby boomers, they think a "terrorist" is hiding everywhere and using bleeding edge tech. lol

Brb, checking under my bed.

But that is the US policy, the way they keep their country "safe" is by assuming we are all terrorists until proven otherwise.

Comes from the security paranoia post-9/11. And the thing is, all this access and this control they have over data now, does work when used to track and fight criminal behavior online.

For example, Telegram protects its user data, doesn't let governments/intelligence agencies access the data, but that also becomes the app of choice for groups from terrorism to other criminal activities, I don't agree data protection privacy policies should shield like criminals like this online.
    edited December 2019