Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.3 (late) Brings Nothing New to Development

123457»

Comments

  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    “It seems well, that thou art not yet acquainted with matter of adventures. They are giants; and, if thou best afraid, go aside and pray, whilst I enter into cruel and unequal battle with them.”

    ..Cake..

  • ZhenoxZhenox Member UncommonPosts: 59
    edited October 2018
    So, i just came back from gym, let's refresh this discussion

    What's up with NPCs in Star Citizen? Why are they not talking? Can you interact with them? What else do they aside from leaning on walls and doing a roundabout along the corridor? 
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,278
    edited October 2018
    Zhenox said:
    So, i just came back from gym, let's refresh this discussion

    What's up with NPCs in Star Citizen? Why are they not talking? Can you interact with them? What else do they aside from leaning on walls and doing a roundabout along the corridor? 
    Those NPCs are just population wandering AI, just as the majority of the ones you get when you play MMO's, visual purpose.

    Their focus attm is on flight/dogfighting AI, FPS AI, turret AI and flight control AI.
  • ZhenoxZhenox Member UncommonPosts: 59
    What about shop NPCs? Can you interact with them? Buy something?
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,278
    Zhenox said:
    What about shop NPCs? Can you interact with them? Buy something?
    Shopping on SC is direct via either interacting with the item and inspect it, or via the UI screens present on the shops. The NPC just does things like welcome you.
  • ZhenoxZhenox Member UncommonPosts: 59
    edited October 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    Zhenox said:
    What about shop NPCs? Can you interact with them? Buy something?
    Shopping on SC is direct via either interacting with the item and inspect it, or via the UI screens present on the shops. The NPC just does things like welcome you.
    Yeah, just started watching video on "medical supply run" pick up and delivery.

    Don't you find it weird that same NPC is in pick up location and in delivery location? 
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,278
    Zhenox said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Zhenox said:
    What about shop NPCs? Can you interact with them? Buy something?
    Shopping on SC is direct via either interacting with the item and inspect it, or via the UI screens present on the shops. The NPC just does things like welcome you.
    Yeah, just started watching video on "medical supply run" pick up and delivery.

    Don't you find it weird that same NPC is in pick up location and in delivery location? 
    SC has just recently gotten character customization before then we were all <generic space male character>, so clone NPCs will end up sorted.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,634
    Zhenox said:
    What about shop NPCs? Can you interact with them? Buy something?
    I'm still waiting see in-game footage on these npcs that we can hire to crew our ships. 
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ZhenoxZhenox Member UncommonPosts: 59
    edited October 2018
    NorseGod said:
    Zhenox said:
    What about shop NPCs? Can you interact with them? Buy something?
    I'm still waiting see in-game footage on these npcs that we can hire to crew our ships. 
    Sadly, i never came across anything similar to what you said, all i managed to find is people speaking about this, yet no implementation. Basically just hyping up what they are waiting and expecting. 
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,278
    NPC Crews are likely one of the last things they'll do on the topic of AI, its pretty much the "endgame" of AI development, not something we'll see anytime soon.

    Seeing their discussed roadmaps they are likely doing both ship and character AI simulating on the game-world, and interacting with the mission system first.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,634
    MaxBacon said:
    NPC Crews are likely one of the last things they'll do on the topic of AI, its pretty much the "endgame" of AI development, not something we'll see anytime soon.

    Seeing their discussed roadmaps they are likely doing both ship and character AI simulating on the game-world, and interacting with the mission system first.
    They sell a lot of ships based on being able to hire npcs. If they can't get that to work either, oh boy. The meltdown would be biblical.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • PhilgrantPhilgrant Member UncommonPosts: 11
    So what I'm taking from this is that No one here trashing SC watched citcon whiched showed whats to come in 3.3.5 and do not realize that 3.3 is a test bed for a fully implmented client side OCS.

    So basically, I see bitching and complaint about something from people who are informed to the most minimal extent and refuse to do proper research. 

    The same people then spewing bullshit about a game thats been in development an actual total for 4 years (2 years to even start a company and get good staff) and expect it to be released tomorrow. 

    And I'm not sure if I got this right but holy fuck most of you are toxic beings. You've literally put yourself in an isolated box and refuse to leave it because guess what, You're idiots. I'll say it again for the people in the back. "YOU ARE IDIOTS!" Go research a topic before making a post. Jesus
    mmolouBabuinixErillionMaxBacon
  • ZhenoxZhenox Member UncommonPosts: 59
    MaxBacon said:
    NPC Crews are likely one of the last things they'll do on the topic of AI, its pretty much the "endgame" of AI development, not something we'll see anytime soon.

    Seeing their discussed roadmaps they are likely doing both ship and character AI simulating on the game-world, and interacting with the mission system first.
    "As of 2018-02-16, CIG has a total of 475 staff working on Star Citizen."

    So many employees, yet nobody gets any hands on NPCs.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,278
    edited October 2018
    Zhenox said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NPC Crews are likely one of the last things they'll do on the topic of AI, its pretty much the "endgame" of AI development, not something we'll see anytime soon.

    Seeing their discussed roadmaps they are likely doing both ship and character AI simulating on the game-world, and interacting with the mission system first.
    "As of 2018-02-16, CIG has a total of 475 staff working on Star Citizen."

    So many employees, yet nobody gets any hands on NPCs.
    Who works on AI are AI programmers, and those already have quite the backlog of work on many different areas, especially the game economy, having just finished up the first pass of FPS AI.

    And they already worked on first passes on more complex NPC AI, such as mission givers that are core to the content generation of missions and such.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,634
    Philgrant said:
    So what I'm taking from this is that No one here trashing SC watched citcon whiched showed whats to come in 3.3.5 and do not realize that 3.3 is a test bed for a fully implmented client side OCS.

    So basically, I see bitching and complaint about something from people who are informed to the most minimal extent and refuse to do proper research. 

    The same people then spewing bullshit about a game thats been in development an actual total for 4 years (2 years to even start a company and get good staff) and expect it to be released tomorrow. 

    And I'm not sure if I got this right but holy fuck most of you are toxic beings. You've literally put yourself in an isolated box and refuse to leave it because guess what, You're idiots. I'll say it again for the people in the back. "YOU ARE IDIOTS!" Go research a topic before making a post. Jesus
    Kickstarter started in 2012, development started in 2011. 500 staff. $200M+.

    Can't get a door to work on a ship. Or walk on an elevator without falling through the map and dying. Or a proper flight mechanic in a flying game. Or crashing over and over again. Although, they did make that better by allowing to log back into the same place where you crashed, but it doesn't always work. If you log out in your bed, you can still log back in on Port Oli.

    If they actually talked about those issues and their solutions, I wouldn't mind at all. But the problem is, they don't talk about the core mechanics as much (OCS is a good start) as they push fluff and other silly non-important features at this stage in development.

    But hey, we can use that broken FOIP for a meme generator!

    Great, can they make containers fold into another container yet? Kinda need that for Hull Series ships to work. Or maybe, they should have the container issues worked out BEFORE selling ships that depend on these unproven gimmicks?
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,298
    :D
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,634
    Babuinix said:
    :D
    Cool.

    I like the daily streamer who FOIPs as a cat on Twitch for the past 4 years. 
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member UncommonPosts: 326
    To be blunt...i am pretty tired of both sides of this. 

    You all need to take a time out and just stop posting...period.

    Every single post seems to turn into a pissing match. Don't care...just stop.  Dunno why this site has allowed this to go this far really. Pox on all of you.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,010
    MaxBacon said:
    Good thing you didn't say post volume.
    It's not the volume that determines that, both sides have volume, it's the hyperbole being used to build up arguments that show it...

    ZhenoxNorseGodMaxBacon

    "The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,634
    MaxBacon said:
    Good thing you didn't say post volume.
    It's not the volume that determines that, both sides have volume, it's the hyperbole being used to build up arguments that show it...

    There are firms who sole purpose is to be contracted by corporations to manage a positive online presence. Some make $thousands per month per client.

    Their marketing managers are given scripts of topics to spam on various platforms and work with service providers to delete or censor negative comments that damage their client.

    I did a project at one in the valley here. They are literally shills that sit on social media and forums all day. This firm in particular, doesn't interact with people though, it's against their policy.

    It looked boring.

    Most of them needed a gym membership. Breathing heavy, mashing their sausage fingers on their keyboards.
    MisatoTremorMaxBacon
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ZhenoxZhenox Member UncommonPosts: 59
    edited October 2018
    Most of them needed a gym membership.
    Why tho? :open_mouth: Their hard work doesn't pay off? 
    NorseGodMaxBacon
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,634
    edited October 2018
    Zhenox said:
    Most of them needed a gym membership.
    Why tho? :open_mouth: Their hard work doesn't pay off? 
    Pretty sure they just go home (alone of course), get in some "me" time, shop for trenchcoats, fedoras, and novelty swords. After 2 boxes of pizza rolls and a case of mountain dew, they roll in bed and cry themselves asleep.

    That smug guy that thinks he's soooo smarter than you, yeah, that's him.


    Post edited by NorseGod on
    MaxBacon
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ZhenoxZhenox Member UncommonPosts: 59
    NorseGod said:
    Zhenox said:
    Most of them needed a gym membership.
    Why tho? :open_mouth: Their hard work doesn't pay off? 
    Pretty sure they just go home, get in some "me" time, shop for trenchcoats, fedoras, and novelty swords. After 2 boxes of pizza rolls and a case of mountain dew, they roll in bed and cry themselves asleep.

    That smug guy that thinks he's soooo smarter than you, yeah, that's him.


    That glance... as if he is looking right through my peasant soul... damn. 
    MaxBacon
This discussion has been closed.