Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does the Blizzcon Floor Map Fly in the Face of Diablo Emphasis Hinted by Convention Schedule?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageDoes the Blizzcon Floor Map Fly in the Face of Diablo Emphasis Hinted by Convention Schedule?

The venue map for Blizzcon 2018 has been released that reveals an interesting tidbit. Last week, the internet went into a paroxysm of speculation about the fact that a Diablo panel would be held after the keynote address, a typical sign of a big announcement. However, looking at the venue map, one has to wonder. Of all of Blizzard's games, only Diablo lacks its own "space" with even Starcraft II taking up more room than what is perhaps the "centerpiece" of the show.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    I think (and would hope) Blizzard understands people have been begging them for something Diablo related for a long time.
    SBFordJeffSpicoli[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Maybe they've got a massive basement so we can all go "down to hell" for the presentation? By now only D4 or a full blown Diablo MMO in the spirit of Hellgate London will do. No less Bliz, you hear me? NO LESS!!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SBFord[Deleted User]JeroKaneMadFrenchieAlomarWaanmetareal[Deleted User]Thaharaustinmawand 5 others.
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited October 2018
    lahnmir said:
    Maybe they've got a massive basement so we can all go "down to hell" for the presentation? By now only D4 or a full blown Diablo MMO in the spirit of Hellgate London will do. No less Bliz, you hear me? NO LESS!!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    What, Diablo and Arthas at the Olympic Games not good enough for you? 
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    i think there are far more people interested in warcraft 4 than anything else, but that might be just me.
    F2PlagueXophNarmorNordicApacheThunder073
  • mallettjtmallettjt Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Man I'm hoping i do well on my clinicals so I can start working next year :D that way i can afford to go to blizz con. Though my society won't let me take more than 3 days off at a time so its a coin toss of weather i can go or not :(
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    edited October 2018
    "Greetings! We have exciting news! Diablo Battle Royale!"

/pukes

My dream game would be a brand new Diablo title (same top-down hack-n-slash style with randomized loot), but on a full-blown MMORPG level, e.g., giant worlds, player cities, ability to play as any faction (angelic, human, demonic), housing, etc.
    AlomarUkurvJeffSpicoliSBFordaustinmawSyphin_BDhamon99ZajjarNarmorNordicApacheand 4 others.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Dauzqul said:

/pukes
    J. Allen Brack: You think you don't want Diablo Royale, but you really do.
    [Deleted User]JeffSpicoliSBFordConstantineMerusKyleranDhamon99cheyaneLife2vThunder073
    Dauzqul said:

/pukes
    As bad as that would be, it would still be better than a survival game.
    SBFordThunder073
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

Aeander said:

Dauzqul said:

/pukes

As bad as that would be, it would still be better than a survival game.

It's Blizzard, otherwise I would've chimed in here with an obligatory: "Battle Royale Survival Game- avoid the ring of death, other players, AND starving all in an easy-to-digest 20 minute match format!"
    SBFord[Deleted User]

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    edited October 2018
    if they are announcing a new Diablo game, a Demo will maybe not be ready to test out, so having a room for playing Diablo on the floor wont be necessary Edit: or you might be able to download it to your mobile phone right now !...................
    JeffSpicoliSBFord
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited October 2018

Dauzqul said:

/pukes

My dream game would be a brand new Diablo title (same top-down hack-n-slash style with randomized loot), but on a full-blown MMORPG level, e.g., giant worlds, player cities, ability to play as any faction (angelic, human, demonic), housing, etc.

Who the hell knows, Look at torchlight, those guys said awhile back they wouldn't make another torchlight cause they were burned out and lo & behold here we are with a torchlight ARPG MMO on the way. Fingers crossed for something Diablo MMO related..
    NordicApache
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    The announcement will be that they've sold the Diablo IP to Disney.
    SBFordJeffSpicoli[Deleted User]CazrielDhamon99NordicApacheinfomatz

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I think Overwatch is more likely to get a BR mode than Diablo. I also don't think Blizzard wants to go against Fortnite. Heroes of the Storm is not a failure but they made the game way more casual to gain a good chunk of the market but didn't even make a dent against League of Legends or Dota2, I believe they've realized it's better not to tap into already dominated genres. They're really good at making niche genres popular and that's what should stick to. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    The announcement will be that they've sold the Diablo IP to Disney.

Xoph[Deleted User]Oyjord
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    edited October 2018
    Honestly Suzie... I think you misinterpreted the map. 

The Mythic stage is where all big announcements go. Since Diablo does not have a tournament it does not need it full on entire hall. 

The placement of the Diablo III and Horadric are front and center of the convention right in the Mythic hall. Diablo has PRIME real estate in the main location that ALL annoucements/foot traffic will take place in.... I say that is good to go.  
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    fs23otm said:
    Honestly Suzie... I think you misinterpreted the map. 

The Mythic stage is where all big announcements go. Since Diablo does not have a tournament it does not need it full on entire hall. 

The placement of the Diablo III and Horadric are front and center of the convention right in the Mythic hall. Diablo has PRIME real estate in the main location that ALL annoucements/foot traffic will take place in.... I say that is good to go.  
    ;)

Probably. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293

Torval said:

I'm completely uninterested in anything Warcraft 4. What could they even offer strategy players that better games don't already? I feel like it would end up like a WoW themed Stratego with the appropriate tie-ins to other franchises to help carry it. Warcraft has completing lost its branding as a strategy game.

what ?! what better games are you even talking about ?
    people still play warcraft 3 15 years after its release because there is no other good micro intensive competitive rts game available. there is no similar game to warcraft 3 with a huge emphasis on heroes, micro management during fights and small squirmishes.
    there is a gigantic hole in the market and the only other classic rts that's not shit is starcraft 2. (total war games are good but they are not competing with sc/war in my opinion)
    we could have had a new command and conquer to fill the void but the dumbasses in charge of this franchise went mobile ...
    and even regarding starcraft2, it doesn't really cater to the same crowd of people who want a warcraft 4. i personally loved war3 and was completely indifferent towards sc2.

now regarding diablo, a lineage 1 type of mmo would be amazing. one can only hope ...
    SBFord[Deleted User]NordicApacheThunder073
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Diablo III and Horadric Retreat are right next to the main stage, it won't be a coincidence.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Torval said:
    I'm completely uninterested in anything Warcraft 4. What could they even offer strategy players that better games don't already? I feel like it would end up like a WoW themed Stratego with the appropriate tie-ins to other franchises to help carry it. Warcraft has completing lost its branding as a strategy game.
    I have to strongly disagree. Warcraft 3 was one of the best RTS games of all time. Excellent gameplay, excellent lore (which was bastardized by WoW), and an enduring modding scene. There are no better RTS games. 

That said, I'd still prefer Diablo 4.
    Thunder073
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616

ananit said:

Torval said:

people still play warcraft 3 15 years after its release because there is no other good micro intensive competitive rts game available. there is no similar game to warcraft 3 with a huge emphasis on heroes, micro management during fights and small squirmishes.

there is a gigantic hole in the market and the only other classic rts that's not shit is starcraft 2. (total war games are good but they are not competing with sc/war in my opinion)

we could have had a new command and conquer to fill the void but the dumbasses in charge of this franchise went mobile ...

and even regarding starcraft2, it doesn't really cater to the same crowd of people who want a warcraft 4. i personally loved war3 and was completely indifferent towards sc2.

now regarding diablo, a lineage 1 type of mmo would be amazing. one can only hope ...

Starcraft series is a much better rts than warcraft(although i really liked the hero system). What warcraft did well though its the custom games because the game was completely modable.

MurderHerd

• Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340
    All i want is a diablo game with MMORPG features like shared towns, maybe some open world stuff etc etc ...It's the literal next step.
    [Deleted User]
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    "We heard your feedback and we're proud to announce this passion project"

"Diablo Card Game Mobile!!! and for our special event, something we've been working on for YEEEEEEEEEARS!!"

"Diablo 4......battle royale.....with lootboxes.....and DLC everywhere.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

ananit said:

Torval said:

personally when it comes to RTS, to me nothing still beats Age of Empires 2
    Cazriel
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    World of Diablo- With Despacito as trailer music! - confirmed!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Robokapp said:
    ananit said:
    i think there are far more people interested in warcraft 4 than anything else, but that might be just me.
    it's called World of Warcraft.

lore can't diverge.
    What?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung