Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.3 (late) Brings Nothing New to Development

Comments

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

This is why things like the chat, grouping or FOIP/comms system are marked as known issues.
    Your partner, @Babuinix said in his first reply in this thread that none of those things are broken. But, here you said they are all known issues.

Is @Babuinix lying or are you?

Is @Babuinix lying or are you?
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited October 2018
    NorseGod said:
    Is Babuinix lying or are you?

Keyword in there is "may", they were not working for me when I played, maybe have worked for him. Nobody lied.
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

Keyword in there is "may", they were not working for me when I played, maybe have worked for him. Nobody lied.
    Yes, but he also said there are no problem with doors, elevators, FOIP, etc. Let me rephrase the question.

Is @Babuinix wrong or are you?
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    edited October 2018
    NorseGod said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

Yes, but he also said there are no problem with doors, elevators, FOIP, etc. Let me rephrase the question.

I had edited the post but anyway resposting:

As for the rest, doors, elevators working for me expect some unresponsive or delays at times, truck stops are not empty for me, FOIP works (data not networked but again the patch notes disclaimer I quoted, there for a reason), so... 

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

As for the rest, doors, elevators working for me expect some unresponsive or delays at times, truck stops are not empty for me, FOIP works (data not networked but again note the disclaimer I quoted, there for a reason), so... 

So then Bab was wrong. Thanks for the clear up
    NorseGod
    Kefo said:
    So then Bab was wrong. Thanks for the clear up
    I read his post, what was wrong?
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

As for the rest, doors, elevators working for me expect some unresponsive or delays at times, truck stops are not empty for me, FOIP works (data not networked but again the patch notes disclaimer I quoted, there for a reason), so... 

So @Babuinix is wrong. Ok.

I asked because, his first reply, @Babuinix called me a liar for saying that old issues like doors, elevators, crashes, and now FOIP isn't working in some degree. 
    NorseGod said:
    So @Babuinix is wrong. Ok.

I asked because, his first reply, @Babuinix called me a liar for saying that old issues like doors, elevators, crashes, and now FOIP isn't working in some degree. 
    WAIT A MINUTE.

You just admitted YOU were the liar. Because you stated they did not work, you didn't state they bugged occasionally, if you are being that nitpicky then be careful because the one who lives on the glass house...
    edited October 2018
    NorseGod said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

Okay, let me go address your whining about doors (and potentially elevators) not working on the PTU:

A player who purchased a $725 ship 10 months ago, who spawns his ship for the first time today, has missing doors or unable to open doors to get into their ship and fly it.

Should they "stop their whining"?

Is "stop your whining" CIG's official position?

Do new players deserve to be attacked on the official forums for asking if anyone else is having this problem?

Do you think CIG would be better off not releasing a ship until there are doors on it/doors open?
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited October 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    I think MaxBacon's strategy, all else failing, is to beat us into submission with his sheer volume of posts and words.  6,251 posts, and I wonder how many of them are about SC.
    Lovely, attack the poster, not the content of the post. Classic...

Some of you are just so transparent...
    21 of the responses in this thread alone are from you, Max.  Just calling them like I see them.  =)
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    MaxBacon said:
    I think MaxBacon's strategy, all else failing, is to beat us into submission with his sheer volume of posts and words.  6,251 posts, and I wonder how many of them are about SC.
    Lovely, attack the poster, not the content of the post. Classic...

Some of you are just so transparent...
    21 of the responses in this thread alone are from you, Max.  Just calling them like I see them.  =)

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    NorseGod said:
    A player who purchased a $725 ship 10 months ago, who spawns his ship for the first time today, has missing doors or unable to open doors to get into their ship and fly it.

Do new players deserve to be attacked on the official forums for asking if anyone else is having this problem?

Do you think CIG would be better off not releasing a ship until there are doors on it/doors open?
    Oh wow that was quite the change of subject, stepping on the puddle  >.>

Anyway, you should be expecting that from the LIVE build of the game, not the PTU, especially if it is a new ship, if you go to the PTU you even find REPLACEME assets on the ships, some areas and planets that are new assets being implemented, it's just the nature of PTU.

I am being blinded by such thoughtful and deep arguments. fuuun :D 
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

Oh wow that was quite the change of subject, stepping on the puddle  >.>

Anyway, you should be expecting that from the LIVE build of the game, not the PTU, especially if it is a new ship, if you go to the PTU you even find REPLACEME assets on the ships, some areas and planets that are new assets being implemented, it's just the nature of PTU.

I am being blinded by such thoughtful and deep arguments. fuuun :D 
    I know this. However, I specifically asked these questions. Please answer them. Please.

NorseGod said:
    I know this. However, I specifically asked these questions. Please answer them. Please.

1) Yes, they should stop their whining, if CIG is already aware and working on finishing the build, the PTU will get the major kinks ironed out, it's why its there, whining just pisses off people that don't get why people go into PTU with wrong expectations on how it flows.

2) If you go to the official forum with the same tone as in this thread, having a go at this issue present on the PTU builds, I can't think of anything more effective you could do to piss off the entire forum. Like, even Reddit, and Reddit is always salty.

3) The ship has not been released to proper terms, testing can have ships in a more or less raw form, CIG are just doing what they created the Evocati and the PTU for, and since they did, the LIVE builds of the updates are FAR more stable than they ever were before, so the workflow works.
    NorseGod
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

1) Yes, they should stop their whining, if CIG is already aware and working on finishing the build, the PTU will get the major kinks ironed out, it's why its there, whining just pisses off people that don't get why people go into PTU with wrong expectations on how it flows.

2) If you go to the official forum with the same tone as in this thread, having a go at this issue present on the PTU builds, I can't think of anything more effective you could do to piss off the entire forum. Like, even Reddit, and Reddit is always salty.

3) The ship has not been released to proper terms, testing can have ships in a more or less raw form, CIG are just doing what they created the Evocati and the PTU for, and since they did, the LIVE builds of the updates are FAR more stable than they ever were before, so the workflow works.
    Answer #1  Ok

Answer #2 You skipped my second question. I'll assume this is your answer to question 3.

Answer #4 Because you skipped a question, I'll assume this is your answer to question 4.

NorseGod said:
    Answer #1  Ok

Answer #2 You skipped my second question. I'll assume this is your answer to question 3.

Answer #4 Because you skipped a question, I'll assume this is your answer to question 4.

If it is about this complaint on the PTU then yes, the whole PTU is disclaimed enough so people are set to know what to expect, nobody is forcing anyone to play those builds, and the choice to get involved or not is given.

It's not going to be the devs fault if some players see the PTU has some sort of headstart, it really is broken and it's often put with heavy telemetry and debug on their or our client's side to track issues and get the build stable enough to release.
    NorseGod
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:
    Answer #1  Ok

If it is about this complaint on the PTU then yes, 
    I believe you, but I can't seem to find a citation to that.

Can you provide a link that "stop your whining", in regards to ship doors not working, is CIG's position?

BTW, glad you're here to answer these questions. Thanks.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Zhenox said:
    I just don't understand how can you sell a ship costing 27000$ in "MMORPG"game which is capable of supporting 50 people in a server running at 30fps(full of bugs). It tells you a lot about developers of the game, even more about people who are ready to invest their money into shit like this.

Am i stupid or something?
    I think one of the most telling things what the interview with one of the (developers?) Where he said . . people are still investing a lot because they want to see something shipped.

It could be good money after bad.  I still think it could trudge along nicely and die at the 80% point. . except they will find someone to invest more money.  

SO HAPPY!  about the FPS. . the FOIP I don't care about because they partnered with someone and it didn't seem to take away from development.

Please give a release year for S42.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

edited October 2018
    @MaxBacon Hey, once you get me that citation, I'd like to touch on a few of your answers.

I'll just reorder your answers to match the order of my questions, since one question was skipped. Ok, champ?
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited October 2018
    Phry said:
    Babuinix said:
    Scorchien said:
    I said 2  years ago(2016) that SC would never deliver a working  product that CR has presented within a 5 year window (2021)..

I am now extending that window , that he cannot deliver what he as told SC fans and backers by 2025
    Very usefull information  B)

What has he told SC fans btw?
    Well, if you don't know, then you probably were not taking him seriously either  :p

All joking aside though, its been bandied around a few times, but isn't the game still at Pre-Alpha stage, rather than being in the Alpha stage, i don't think the 2025 time frame is unreasonable, but given the scope of the game and the fact that it still doesn't mesh together and is a number of as yet incomplete disparate units, then 5+ years is not without some justification given the current level of apparent progress?  :/
    Usually pre-alpha is the concept stage and something that is not shown to public. But sure, technically SC could be called pre-alpha for years to come, as long as DR keeps announcing new features to add :/

Creating shiny assets and animation is the (relatively) easy part. Creating a lag free massively multiplayer network with a seamless environment is not. And they seem to struggle with this. And after so many years this is becoming worrying imo. Because it is not a given that they will be able to fix this at an acceptable level.

So I also don't understand why anyone would buy those shiny asset packages at this point.  A bunch of talented artists won't fix the complicated code parts for you.

Phaserlightberenim
    edited October 2018
    NorseGod said:
    @MaxBacon Hey, once you get me that citation, I'd like to touch on a few of your answers.

I'll just reorder your answers to match the order of my questions, since one question was skipped. Ok, champ?
    There's no citation wtf, they wouldn't say that; they just explained, as it is on disclaimer I quoted to you, what the PTU is about and what is implied by it. It's another word to say the same thing "this is what the PTU is, this is what is implied, you can optionally option and contribute".

I thought you would be logical enough to understand that, but I guess you're on nitpicky mode. Didn't work out for you when you tried it little ago //eyeroll

lahnmir
    edited October 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

There's no citation wtf,

Ok. So "stop your whining" isn't CIG's official position in regards to players not have doors or working doors on their released $750 ship.

Thanks for your answer. I'll put this back together and we can go from there.
    edited October 2018
    NorseGod said:
    Ok, good. So "stop your whining" isn't CIG's official position in regards to players not have doors or working doors on their released $750 ship.

Thanks for your answer. I'll put this back together and we can go from there.
    Bloody hell you are being petty about this. Anyway here's your "official position" about this build testing phases that does embed your door not working, repasting it:
    "Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the "Testing Focus"."
    Play the PTU if you want to contribute to reporting and get issues fixed, it won't enjoyable for people bothered by disruptive bugs.

Like this guy: (we were talking about one severe PTU spawning bug)

Post edited by MaxBacon on
    edited October 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

So, putting your answers back in order with the questions:

1. Thanks for your honesty. Hope everyone understands that this is how they will be treated and spoken to, after they pledge who have issues, questions or concerns.

2. Eventually, you answered no. But, continued to elude that CIG's Disclaimer is basically saying this, in your opinion.

I wonder, does this apply to everyone that purchased a ship or the purchases after they changed the Disclaimer to stop massive refunds and court battles they went through?

Also, we could never have this conversation on the Official Forums (censorship), but I wonder what CIG thinks of your position and your understanding of their Disclaimer. You know, "Piss off, you should have read the fine print we just changed again" position?

Not a smart way to represent CIG.

3. What is the correct "tone" a player should use when their $45 - $27,000 ship doesn't release with doors/working doors to be able to fly said ship?

4. Your answer was yes, CIG is making the right decision to release broken ships to Live.

Not many people agree with how you describe what is and isn't an alpha. I know you are wrong. It's a tech demo. A Pre-Alpha at best. 

The Dev that programs a cash register, follows the same exact industry standards and best practices as coding software the size of Star Citizen. There is no difference. Industry Standards and Best Practice. Scope has ZERO effect on them.

You said the known issues that I mentioned in my OP where passed by Internal QA. Here's how software travels (simplified):

Dev Sandbox Environment
    Internal QA
    Evocati (They are unqualified players who just spend more on the game, nobodys)
    Test Server
    Live (Production)

Live is the final version (called Production). All Live software is the final version (until later patches, etc). This is CIG saying "Ok world, this is our best for you to see". Marketing gets to "technically" claim they have, for example, FOIP. Even though it's not fully implemented or working. But, "technically" FOIP is in the game, in a used car salesman tactic.

And please, I'm not trying to write a novel here, I kept this development process as simple and short as possible. Try to restrain yourself.

I found your opinions very telling. Especially how players with problems should be treated. Funny they never make podcasts about that part of the Star Citizen experience.

Did you guys pay attention to EA? You know how they make good games but nobody buys them now because they talk racist shit to customers on social media? Don't do that. Don't talk smack to your customers. It's bad for you.

Post edited by NorseGod on
    Robsolf
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    This was a rollercoaster of a thread to read, hot damn.

Lots of arguing, jabbing and floundering. Very entertaining. Can I ask a question to both sides of this:

You come here to bash the game or you come here to defend the game. Like or hate, both sides are entitled to their opinions. Development has been a long process. Some would contend that this isn't a development process, others believe it is. Neither side possess a clairvoyant, so whether it will release or won't, in a bad or good condition, is impossible to tell. (Yes, impossible. You can guess, even make an educated or experienced guess. It's a guess all the same.)

It's a forum to discuss and both sides aren't going to see eye to eye, but we'll come right back to jump down each others throats once again, shortly after, for another thread.

The question is: Why does either side fight so hard for this? Leave the fanboys to love their game and the haters to hate it...

Or, continue this cycle of drama and provide people like me with a zesty read. What does it matter in the end I suppose?
    NorseGodPhaserlight
This discussion has been closed.