Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.3 (late) Brings Nothing New to Development

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    Scorchien said:
    I said 2  years ago(2016) that SC would never deliver a working  product that CR has presented within a 5 year window (2021)..

I am now extending that window , that he cannot deliver what he as told SC fans and backers by 2025
    Very usefull information  B)

What has he told SC fans btw?
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Babuinix said:
    Maybe read the patchnotes before.

Most of those issues are known and easly fixed by deleting your user folder. That's a must after every patch. When a ship spawns without doors/elevators/guns/seats claiming it fixes it.

Seems you go to the Private Test Universe with the wrong expectations and set of skills.

Again. If it's a polished experience you're after It's probably better to stick to finished and released games. 

Oh and if your picking issues from the bug report thread might want to keep it updated. Usualy the PTU gets daily patches fixing most of those issues.
    Oh, is that what it is?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Babuinix said:
    Scorchien said:
    I said 2  years ago(2016) that SC would never deliver a working  product that CR has presented within a 5 year window (2021)..

I am now extending that window , that he cannot deliver what he as told SC fans and backers by 2025

Well, if you don't know, then you probably were not taking him seriously either  :p

All joking aside though, its been bandied around a few times, but isn't the game still at Pre-Alpha stage, rather than being in the Alpha stage, i don't think the 2025 time frame is unreasonable, but given the scope of the game and the fact that it still doesn't mesh together and is a number of as yet incomplete disparate units, then 5+ years is not without some justification given the current level of apparent progress?  :/
    ScorchienOctagon7711
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Babuinix said:
    Scorchien said:

Lol really , your right he told them nothing , all the backers just thru money at no ideas no vision no plan .....

NorseGod
    edited October 2018
    All the main core features are already meshed toguether.

Space Flying, FPS (Space Legs), EVA, Multicrew and Planetary Landings in a seamless unified online experience with no loading screens.

Those are the core features of Star Citizen that makes it stand out. 

No other game offers those features in a unified package with such graphical fidelity.

6 years later theres no other game with these fundamental features released. Maybe because it's not an easy thing to do.

The last bit of main core tech is meshing the servers into a single universe.

After that is out of the way they can focus in polishing the player experience and the "fun" factor.

How long it takes only CIG knows. As long as they keep releasing updates and keep their community engaged they can keep developing the game as they see fit.
    Post edited by Babuinix on
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Another thread from a community that cries about unoriginality in the development of MMORPGs and then shits on one of the most ambitious and innovative MMORPGs in development.
    It certainly is ambitious, but personally I don't find the pitch that innovative.  It's the game Chris has been wanting to make since the 90's only now he has unlimited scope, timeframe, and as long as he keeps working the crowd an apparently unlimited budget as well.

There are some big problems with the game technically, from a business perspective in how they are raising the funds, and with the community itself, but this would be apparent if you read the forums or did a little digging.

Here... I'll give you a 'critics greatest hits':

Mandalore Gaming: Star Citizen Development and Controversy

YongYea: Star Citizen Charges $1,000 So You Can Spend $27,000 To Unlock Almost Every Ship

Charlatan Wonder: Can Disaster Be Averted?

Razorfist: The Hypocalypse

There are others that just plain poke fun at the project, but the above actually raise some very good points.  I'd love another immersive space sim as much as the next guy, but not if it's pay-to-win, and the unending hype-ish train surrounded by a cabal of apologists has been old since 2013.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    The whole point of having both live servers and test servers running at the same time is that they can have unstable and unfinished version in testing, while those who want to play can play patch 3.2 on live servers.

Star Citizen has a lot of development problems, but your complaint is just stupid. The test versions are supposed to be buggy and unfinished.
    BabuinixMaxBaconErillion

Scorchien said:
    Babuinix said:
    Scorchien said:

Lol really , your right he told them nothing , all the backers just thru money at no ideas no vision no plan .....

I think the question was pretty straightforward.
    How did you manage to turn it into me saying "he told them nothing" is baffling.

Basicaly I'm trying to figure out if there's some sapience behind that prediction.

In short, if you're pulling a Nostradamus or a Nostradanus  :D  
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited October 2018
    Ahhh haters creating threads to have one unstable unreleased build for being unstable unrealsed build.  GG for the effort.

As every build that ever went on PTU the first builds always have the most severe issues, but nope can't wait for the update to hit live, must... hate... MUST.

It's the not fans that need to wake up, it's you @NorseGod. At least the fans know what they are getting into if they play the first builds of the update on the testing branch. ;)  At least the fans understand that one update that overhauls a major part of the game tech to change how things load (the streaming tech) that touch literally every part of the engine, will need a lot of bug-fixing and polish and the current issues are absolutely normal from a dev perspective.

You know what the truth is? The SC haters are in more denial than the SC fans, you can see it from which side is using more hyperbole to build up arguments.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    MaxBacon said:
    Ahhh haters creating threads to have one unstable unreleased build for being unstable unrealsed build.  GG for the effort.

As every build that ever went on PTU the first builds always have the most severe issues, but nope can't wait for the update to hit live, must... hate... MUST.

It's the not fans that need to wake up, it's you @NorseGod. At least the fans know what they are getting into if they play the first builds of the update on the testing branch. ;)  At least the fans understand that one update that overhauls a major part of the game tech to change how things load (the streaming tech) that touch literally every part of the engine, will need a lot of bug-fixing and polish and the current issues are absolutely normal from a dev perspective.

You know what the truth is? The SC haters are in more denial than the SC fans, you can see it from which side is using more hyperbole to build up arguments.

Good thing you didn't say post volume.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

edited October 2018
    Good thing you didn't say post volume.
    It's not the volume that determines that, both sides have volume, it's the hyperbole being used to build up arguments that show it...
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    The Canable cooking pots are being stocked with wood as we speak.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • ZhenoxZhenox Member UncommonPosts: 59
    edited October 2018
    Babuinix said:
    Let's start with the fact that 3.3 is not out yet.
    It's in the PTU server for a reason.

Then, everything you mentioned is factually wrong or your personal opinion.

- Chat works ( you need to enable it in mobiglass)
    - Elevators work
    - Ship doors work
    - Truck stops are not empty
    - Foip works well enough for first pass and people use it. 
    Saying ''it's trash after 4 minutes" just shows your emotional distress.

Seems you have no maturity to endure testing a game in active development.

I sugest you stick to released games if you find bugs, glitches and crashes anoying.

Why does it always feels like I'm arguing with 5 year olds throwing tantrums with no concept of how life works when talking about a game in development...

As much as it's amusing it's also useless to debate  with most haters because there's no cognitive capacity or event willingness to understand basic concepts of game development.
    2:43 stutter stopping is gonna be in finished product? 

5:03 crouching NPC on table is a norm? 

5:30 screen freeze for 2-3sec is alright. And NPC just looking at screen and not doing anything is alright?

6:11 can you explain to me what are those 3 lights? just curious. 

6:55 NPC popping out behind the table just as he walks through doors

7:58 NPC popping out behind the table, yet again.

8:46 NPC popping yet again. 

11:16 1 NPC has fallen halfway through the floor. 

12:40 WTF 

After 6 years this is the best you can show me. Blank world where not a single NPC talks or makes any sound? 

Can you interact with NPCs? Can you interact with those screens? All around the ship?

If they will ever manage to get this game out, i guarantee nobody will be able to play this game cause it's gonna be an absolute shit show once lots of players gather in one place. 

Babuinix can't wait for your response, you can bring along MaxBacon he will help you with mental gymnastics. 
    NorseGod
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Babuinix said:
    Scorchien said:
    Babuinix said:
    Scorchien said:

I think the question was pretty straightforward.
    How did you manage to turn it into me saying "he told them nothing" is baffling.

Basicaly I'm trying to figure out if there's some sapience behind that prediction.

In short, if you're pulling a Nostradamus or a Nostradanus  :D  
    No Helen Keller , Because even she saw that , SC will never deliver in a timely manner , Enjoy your CB1 in 2025
    edited October 2018
    So as @NorseGod was already playing the "evil fans the villians" will attack him for his "legitimate criticism", and as one huricane hit my city last night so I'm rather stranded at home and bored, I decided to a point by point counter of this petty and unfair hate rant on Alpha 3.3.

This raint is petty and unfair because it is going full on hyperbole and judging one unreleased testing build for being, well, unfinished and extra-buggy (aka PTU is literally updated daily and not considered releasable to the live servers for a reason). 

Point 1: "One good thing, FPS has increased. But they didn't even bother to implement OCS server-side, just client-side."

R: The announced OCS was always announced as a client-side optimization, those who are making a fuss about server-side OCS don't even understand what it is, it's simply the servers able to unload areas of space where no players are, and is one extra feature to OCS beyond the pitched client performance (that is what was advertised from the start). Not sure why even having to bring that up.

Point 2: "Planets got pushed out (6 months again?) due to half-implemented OCS."

R: No, they did not get pushed by 6 months, Hurston will release on the 3.3 branches right after this 3.3 now open for all on testing is out, that is set for November already. OCS is half-implemented for a a simple reason: 3.3 is not yet finished and OCS is not at 100%, it's quite unfair to go attack this update for not being finished when it's not released on live" yet. I mean one could wait for the live release, then sure judge ahead the actual released features and tech, wouldn't that be only logical?
    "

Point 3: "Chat doesn't work. Chat."

R: Well another hyperbole one , the PTU is a testing patch and there is a section on patch notes labeled "Major Known Issues:" where this is mentioned. As for "omg they can't get chat to work lol" type of argument, the 3.3 update does something major to chat and grouping systems, they are integrating spectrum in-game, the web platform, the chat channels, the video and voice comms, the new grouping systems, are a major entire new features and the old chat system is replaced (before the chat was only the players that were on the same game-server as you).

Point 4: "Elevators don't work."

R: Yes they do, there are also bugs hunting the current testing build that break them, again, for some reason this is a testing branch and not the live branch, the usual daily updates will mitigate the major issues as they always did.

Point 5: "Ship doors don't work."

R: Same answer as the elevators, and I personally haven't ran into that problem once, only delays.

Point 6: "New truck stop is new empty."

R: I have not experienced this, I found the truck stops with the shops, the mission system shenanigans (for delivery and such) and the normal wandering NPCs, the truck stops now embed the repair, refuel and re-ammo systems, there are also future shops modeled on it that will not open this patch.

Point 7: "Crash crash crash crash."

R: The only thing I can say to that is welcome to the open first versions of PTU, backers know very well how things on the PTU work, and especially this major update with big tech overhauls that are big optimizations that game needed for long will need to face stabilization as testing endures (neither are they 100% finished for the update as seen on the roadmap bit I embed on the post, so hint hint!).

Point 8: "FOIP is garbage"

R: FOIP is being enjoyed and recieving positive feedback from the gerality fo backers. FOIP is not yet transmitting over the network, and guess what there's a reason the update is not yet releaseable, the FOIP is part of the spectrum integration that is also part of why the chat system is down, over it, OCS is not 100% in for the update to release yet so why even having a go at this, it's literally complaining one unfinished build on testing is unfinished.... --'

Point 9: "The forums over there is a No-Go zone."

R: The forums do have that aggressivity tendency by some people that pop in, but with complaints as this one attacking the game for one unreleased build on testing, there's no way you're not going to be ignored and laughed at. And to be honest, this is not legitimate criticism, it's petty and it shouldn't be taken seriously.

And Point 10: "This company, this game, and these fans need to wake up."

R: I'm afraid it is you who needs to wake up, you're making unfair and unreasonable attacks on the game, if this was a live build with such major issues, then sure that's one thing, but it's not, and we will see on the next days every daily update improving its status on the major problems, until releaseable, this is exactly why the backers are not even bothered by this because they know how this works while you're just nitpicking this into one hate thread on the game. Of all the legitimate criticism you can throw at CIG/SC, this is not one of those.

Okay I'm done. Feel free to vilify me if you want for attacking your "criticism", it's one thing waiting for the released 3.3 and then see "are this major issues there? is it super crashy and unplayable? etc..." and do your rant, but this? This is just ridiculous.

You are free to counter me on my arguments, but I believe you'll likely just ignore or just nitpick part of the post to come with one hiperbolic rant about the "evil fans", if our past interactions are anything to go by.

// Bacon Out
    Asch126
    edited October 2018
    Zhenox said:
    Babuinix can't wait for your response, you can bring along MaxBacon he will help you with mental gymnastics. 
    Nah I'm fine, little point on talking with people who are on a mission to attack and discredit the game in any way they possibly can. You can keep having a go at him and him a go at you. ;) 

Your narrative is tad aggressive and its only purpose is to spite the SC fans, I already have enough of that.
    Asch126
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I think MaxBacon's strategy, all else failing, is to beat us into submission with his sheer volume of posts and words.  6,251 posts, and I wonder how many of them are about SC.
    MaxBacon
  • HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282
    edited October 2018
    Rhoklaw said:

Well, it's not that people are shitting on the game. They are more or less just shitting on Chris Roberts, cause it's quite obvious he, his wife and his brother don't have a clue what they are doing.

Kind of like Brad McQuaid showed during his time with Vanguard? 

(Wish I could find the old F-13 Postmortem interviews with McQuaid, and the former staff member...)

Wait a few years, and all of a sudden people are thinking he's a genius all over again, and clamoring for more Pantheon.

NorseGod
    I think MaxBacon's strategy, all else failing, is to beat us into submission with his sheer volume of posts and words.  6,251 posts, and I wonder how many of them are about SC.
    Lovely, attack the poster, not the content of the post. Classic...

Some of you are just so transparent...
    edited October 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    Lovely, attack the poster, not the content of the post. Classic...

Some of you are just so transparent...
    MaxBacon said:
    Zhenox said:
    Nah I'm fine, little point on talking with people who are on a mission to attack and discredit the game in any way they possibly can. You can keep having a go at him and him a go at you. ;) 

Your narrative is tad aggressive and its only purpose is to spite the SC fans, I already have enough of that.
    I love the irony. CLASSIC
    MaxBacon
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Are these people over-zealous cult fans or are they paid shills? It's getting to the point where it's so hard to really make the differentiation.

A normal behaving human isn't this compulsive with damage control. Not even the worst sports fan. It's to the point it's not even helpful. They're doing more fanning of the negative flames than anything. It's like watching a fool try to put out a fire with a bucket of petro.

I don't see how such extreme cases are allowed to happen freely. Send CIG an invoice regardless.
    MaxBaconBabuinixNorseGod
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited October 2018
    Are these people over-zealous cult fans or are they paid shills? It's getting to the point where it's so hard to really make the differentiation.

A normal behaving human isn't this compulsive with damage control. Not even the worst sports fan. It's to the point it's not even helpful. They're doing more fanning of the negative flames than anything. It's like watching a fool try to put out a fire with a bucket of petro.

I don't see how such extreme cases are allowed to happen freely. Send CIG an invoice regardless.
    Yet another hollow contentless post having digs at specific posters... And 0 addressing any arguments. Whelp I don't bother anymore I learned to not expect any better //eyeroll

I already posted and explained mines here https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7391400/#Comment_7391400 feel free to address and counter them. ^-^

edited October 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    Yet another hollow contentless post having digs at specific posters... 

Haha, where did he mention you or Babuinix? The very fact that you're reaching now shows how perceive yourself in eyes other forum members, not far from the truth, eh? 

You can't even answer my questions, cause you wouldn't be able to, that's why refute me cause i'm "hostile" towards you. I'm not, i'm actually pitying you, i don't know how much money you shoved down the drain but it's probably quite lot. That's why you daily work as a lawyer for CIG, just give yourself some sense of security for your investment. If you didn't put a single penny in this and you're doing this just because of Roberts vision, sorry mate but you're an idiot. 
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    MaxBacon said:

Yet another hollow contentless post having digs at specific posters... And 0 addressing any arguments. Whelp I don't bother anymore I learned to not expect any better //eyeroll

I already posted and explained mines here https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7391400/#Comment_7391400 feel free to address and counter them. ^-^

I dare you and the other 2 blatant cases to not respond to negative posts for one week (are you even allowed?). You couldn't even STFU when your name wasn't invoked. If you could manage to do that you'd see how posts of people venting quickly taper off.

People are rightfully skeptical of Star Citizen period. If it's so great, go play and do your normal totally not editorial calendar ( :/ ) scheduled posts and keep it classy.

Stop running down on EVERY. SINGLE. F#$%ING. POST RESPONSE. EVER. EVER. EVER. And maybe when there's flare ups of absolutely warranted negativity they'll die down on their own.

Whatever job you think you're doing (regardless of circumstance), you're doing it wrong. Read up on public relations and marketing.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited October 2018
    Zhenox said:
    Haha, where did he mention you or Babuinix? The very fact that you're reaching now shows how perceive yourself in eyes other forum members, not far from the truth, eh? 

You can't even answer my questions, cause you wouldn't be able to, that's why refute me cause i'm "hostile" towards you. I'm not, i'm actually pitying you, i don't know how much money you shoved down the drain but it's probably quite lot. That's why you daily work as a lawyer for CIG, just give yourself some sense of security for your investment. If you didn't put a single penny in this and you're doing this just because of Roberts vision, sorry mate but you're an idiot. 
    I don't need your pity, and I don't need your insults, I don't need moral lessons from you.

You are not on my level, I don't go as low as "I wouldn't be surprised if the "fangays" in this forum are working for CRI.".
This discussion has been closed.