Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.3 (late) Brings Nothing New to Development

NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
edited October 2018 in Star Citizen
So, decided to check out what this LATE 3.3 patch has to offer when it gets released (not released yet).

Nothing much at all.

One good thing, FPS has increased. But they didn't even bother to implement OCS server-side, just client-side.

Planets got pushed out (6 months again?) due to half-implemented OCS.

Chat doesn't work. Chat.

Elevators don't work.

Ship doors don't work.

New truck stop is new empty.

Crash crash crash crash.

Basically, you'll experience the exact problems from 6+ months ago, but now with higher frames per second!

FOIP is garbage after 4 minutes. FOIP is not fully working or implemented. You can't talk to people next to you or anything like that. How this was a priority, I will never know. So, there is no point to FOIP at all, but it's there! Big deal, FOIP in SC is nothing new other than it's broken, which also isn't new.

The forums over there is a No-Go zone. People are asking legit questions only to be attacked by White-Knights. Which by the way, the "fans" are beginning to be enough of a reason to just move on from this game. They are really applauding a car wreck as it's happening. They are on guard duty, lording over the SC Forums as if they were mods. It's funny and sad. 

The mental gymnastics when excusing the goalposts being moved is astounding. I would literally be out of business if I ran things like CIG and no amount of my fans could save me. I get paid up front. If I didn't deliver on time and completed/working assets as agreed to, I would be taken to court, lose (rightfully), and be bankrupt.

Chris Roberts may have been a good developer at some point in his life, but he is a shit CEO.

This company, this game, and these fans need to wake up.

You want to know who Chris Roberts is, watch this:

After watching that, tell me if this guy deserves your time and money.
To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
Post edited by NorseGod on

Comments

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Roberts had some leading edge ideas once.  Over thirty years ago.  Roberts was always noted as being a disorganized micro-manager.   But he was surrounded by a top notch team of developers and game designers at the time.   He also had someone else in charge of the purse strings.   Since he left Origin, he has finished nothing, nada, bubkis.

He sells all this stuff because he BELIEVES!   And he can pass that on.   However there's a great Feynman quote "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."

Chris Roberts made the starships run on time!!
    NorseGod

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Roberts had some leading edge ideas once.  Over thirty years ago.  Roberts was always noted as being a disorganized micro-manager.   But he was surrounded by a top notch team of developers and game designers at the time.   He also had someone else in charge of the purse strings.   Since he left Origin, he has finished nothing, nada, bubkis.

He sells all this stuff because he BELIEVES!   And he can pass that on.   However there's a great Feynman quote "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."

Chris Roberts made the starships run on time!!
    How far off was I comparing CR with that scumbag in the video I posted?
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    I just came here to see the reactions of the fan bois
    NorseGod
    edited October 2018
    I just came here to see the reactions of the fan bois
    They'd be better off with spamming propaganda on this site. They have nothing legit to say about this patch without serious mental gymnastics and moving goalposts that everybody now sees through.
    Nevereverland
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Well, Roberts can really be genial when playing a role, or sucking up to someone he feels is cool and important (ie, Hamill, Serkis etc).   Behind the scenes, his disdain for the 'little people' was well known and oft mentioned.   But he's like a snake oil salesmen who's sold himself on his own concoction.  His believer-ness comes through.    At least Roberts is risking other people's money that's been voluntarily given.   The guy in the video is worse, imo.  But I suspect their self delusion gives them common ground.

Still, even Roberts can't totally sabotage 500 folks worth of effort.  Especially when he has to practice for another self-important video.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    NorseGod said:
    So, decided to check out what this LATE 3.3 patch has to offer when it gets released (not released yet).

Nothing much at all.

One good thing, FPS has increased. But they didn't even bother to implement it server-side, just client-side.

Planets got pushed out (6 months again?) due to half-implemented OCS.

Chat doesn't work. Chat.

Elevators don't work.

Ship doors don't work.

New truck stop is new empty.

Crash crash crash crash.

Basically, you'll experience the exact problems from 6+ months ago, but now with higher frames per second!

FOIP is garbage after 4 minutes. FOIP is not fully working or implemented. You can't talk to people next to you or anything like that. How this was a priority, I will never know. So, there is no point to FOIP at all, but it's there! Big deal, FOIP in SC is nothing new other than it's broken, which also isn't new.

The forums over there is a No-Go zone. People are asking legit questions only to be attacked by White-Knights. Which by the way, the "fans" are beginning to be enough of a reason to just move on from this game. They are really applauding a car wreck as it's happening. They are on guard duty, lording over the SC Forums as if they were mods. It's funny and sad. 

The mental gymnastics when excusing the goalposts being moved is astounding. I would literally be out of business if I ran things like CIG and no amount of my fans could save me. I get paid up front. If I didn't deliver on time and completed/working assets as agreed to, I would be taken to court, lose (rightfully), and be bankrupt.

Chris Roberts may have been a good developer at some point in his life, but he is a shit CEO.

This company, this game, and these fans need to wake up.

You want to know who Chris Roberts is, watch this:

After watching that, tell me if this guy deserves your time and money.
    That is a great video!  I use to watch his show a lot as I couldn't believe the crazy things some restaurant owners did, like one place would freeze all their food then cook it in the microwave when they got an order. 

The guy doesn't know why his son doesn't like him even though he put a large sum of the kids inheritance in a business that's losing over five thousand dollars a month, priceless.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited October 2018
    Hey, clearly someone hasn't learned to chant the mantra properly. 

"Do you want it now? Or do you want it great?

Do you think you will ever see a fully delivered game?

Not the way to bet, but so many people are.

Weird.

NorseGod

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Hey, clearly someone hasn't learned to chant the mantra properly. 

"Do you want it now? Or do you want it great?

They need to add "Or do you want it to work?"
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Another thread from a community that cries about unoriginality in the development of MMORPGs and then shits on one of the most ambitious and innovative MMORPGs in development.
    ErillionPhaserlightIselinBabuinix
    Another thread from a community that cries about unoriginality in the development of MMORPGs and then shits on one of the most ambitious and innovative MMORPGs in development.
    How is it the most ambitious and innovative MMORPG? Tell me what they have working in game right now after 8 years that every game doesn't have.

They can only have 50 people on the server. So where is the MMO part? They just came out with another ship. Carries 20 people and what 3 crew? Half the server on one ship. You don't think this is odd for a MMORPG? You can still like the flight demo and answer honestly, it's a safe place here.

You got it wrong. You're taking it personally. Nobody here is against actual innovative games. They are against $200M, 8 years, and nothing to show for it. Not a single thing

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Poor troll attempt tbh, Seems you guys are getting more and more desperate lol...
    Not even trying anymore  :(

Well haters gonna hate I guess...

Gamers gonna play and have fun! 

Tbh the community gets better and better as haters scramble lol
    Asch126Erillion
    edited October 2018
    Babuinix said:
    Poor troll attempt tbh, Seems you guys are getting more and more desperate lol...
    Not even trying anymore  :(

Well haters gonna hate I guess...

Gamers gonna play and have fun! 

Tbh the community gets better and better as haters scramble lol
    Yep, a troll, salt miner, hater, Goon, etc etc.

Now that's out of the way.

Care to point out the part you disagree with?

Nice video of parking a ship next to another ship. Right? I mean, after you take away the dramatic music, the angles and lighting. It's a video of parking your mount next to other players on their mount.

Post edited by NorseGod on
    [Deleted User]PhryMaxBaconRobsolfWalkinGlennsomeforumguyIselinAsch126
  • ZhenoxZhenox Member UncommonPosts: 59
    I just don't understand how can you sell a ship costing 27000$ in "MMORPG"game which is capable of supporting 50 people in a server running at 30fps(full of bugs). It tells you a lot about developers of the game, even more about people who are ready to invest their money into shit like this.

Am i stupid or something?
    Asch126Erillion
    edited October 2018
    Let's start with the fact that 3.3 is not out yet.
    It's in the PTU server for a reason.

Then, everything you mentioned is factually wrong or your personal opinion.

- Chat works ( you need to enable it in mobiglass)
    - Elevators work
    - Ship doors work
    - Truck stops are not empty
    - Foip works well enough for first pass and people use it. 
    [mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
    Asch126
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    It's a great internet tradition to belittle and vilify any so-called "big-name game designers", lol

None have escaped this fate AFAIK ! :wink:

Btw, SC is starting to take shape slowly but steadily, I'm even considering joining in at this point... :blush:
    Babuinix said:
    Let's start with the fact that 3.3 is not out yet.

I was very clear about that. But, that was your defense, not argument. 

If I was lying, you wouldn't have to state "B-but 3.3 is not out yet." I think you assume that nobody here follows what is happening in SC. You assume that nobody here has ever beta tested games before.

You are a poor marketing guy. Know your audience, merchant man.

edited October 2018
    Yeah these armchair dev's with the hateboner for Chris Roberts are always a blast to read. You can almost taste the salt lol

Poor fellows got their heart broken and now they cant let go... Ohhh the pettyness is cringeworthy.
    Babuinix said:
    Yeah these armchair dev's with the hateboner for Chris Roberts are always a blast to read. You can almost taste the salt lol

Poor fellows got their heart broken and now they cant let go... Ohhh the pettyness 
    Is it pettyness to ask for chat to work in a $200M 8 years in alpha game? A game that's STILL asking for money?

Is it petty of me to not wanting to fall through the fucking world when I step into an elevator?

Is it petty of me to want to open the door to my ship?

Is it petty of me that if I disagree with the need of FOIP at this time, but if it's going into the game, I should, you know, talk to other players near me?

Is it petty of me to look forward to all that BULLSHIT you spammed about 3.3 and 90% of it wasn't even in the patch and pushed out to later this year, despite being late?
    Rhoklaw said:
    Babuinix said:

That would be all fine and dandy if this was being developed by a small team with a small budget, but uhm, that isn't the case. Nope, not even close. They've raised over $200 million and have over 300 employees last I checked. Yet amazingly enough, after 5-6 years of development, according to you even, they are still in ALPHA? You know what this tells people. Exactly what a lot of us have been pointing out for the past 2 years. Chris Roberts is a visionary, a dreamer and a financial idiot.
    Didn't you see the new trailer made up from 2 years worth of teasers? It has celebrities and everything (except gameplay). 

That was worth $200M and 8 years, wasn't it?
    Phry[Deleted User]
    edited October 2018
    What you guys showcase is that exposing the development of an AAA game to the masses will always bring the worst of the vocal minority.

Also that most of the time it's a waste of time to try to argue with them.

Haters gona hate. 
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Babuinix said:

Lets see a video buying something from that shop NPC. Or maybe talk to that guy that gives you that mission. Go ahead. Don't cherry pick, show us all how proud you are of this 6 month master piece truck stop.
    edited October 2018
    This video is a lie. It's a hater plotting against Chris Roberts.

edited October 2018
    Another lie. Those petty haters!

*side note dude was lucky he didn't fall through and die like everyone else does on elevators in this game.

edited October 2018
    Maybe read the patchnotes before.

Most of those issues are known and easly fixed by deleting your user folder. That's a must after every patch. When a ship spawns without doors/elevators/guns/seats claiming it fixes it.

Seems you go to the Private Test Universe with the wrong expectations and set of skills.

Again. If it's a polished experience you're after It's probably better to stick to finished and released games. 

Oh and if you're picking videos from the bug report thread might want to keep it updated. Usualy the PTU gets daily patches fixing most of those issues.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited October 2018
    I said 2  years ago(2016) that SC would never deliver a working  product that CR has presented within a 5 year window (2021)..

I am now extending that window , that he cannot deliver what he as told SC fans and backers by 2025
This discussion has been closed.