Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Team - 'Players Didn't Share the View That EA was a Time for Development'

Comments

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Honestly a lot of these companies have too many young people making decisions. A lot of these kids have no business making decisions. Just a total lack of experience combined with age. All makes sense to me if you look at it logically.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Torval said:
    They should have focused and launched on consoles first. I think that's where MMOs will find a home in the future.
    Or cell phones.
    Nilden

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

elveone said:

There is a huge difference between "time for development" and releasing a product that is unplayable due to missing features, bugs and poor optimization.

Nope, there is not. The last part is EXACTLY what you can expect from games in Early Acces. Games in Early Acces should range from pre-alpha to open beta and everything in between.
    It should NOT be a simple headstart...
    What they should not be is craptastic titles which failed in recent previous launches.

Build a complete and well functioning game and release it. Don't charge people to test your shit.

If your firm is 2 guys in a garage, sure, go the early access route, but don't even try if you are already out on the open market, just don't. 

Unless you enjoy withering criticism for being greedy f--ks.

Still Saturday.

;)

MadFrenchie[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    Neowiz feels that EA was a success
    mmh... pfff.. mwouhahaha!
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Do a proper unpaid beta instead of this paid EA crap and the whine might be justified. Otherwise STFU and sleep in the bed you made.
    KyleranThaharDakeruPhry[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2018
    hyllyh said:
    Neowiz feels that EA was a success
    mmh... pfff.. mwouhahaha!
    Honestly, it was since they had 30k+ suckers buy a game that was launched as free 3 times. They next to nothing on development because 80% of the promised 'features' were missing, such as action combat for every class later to find out 'in development' on 'launch.' Couple that with just slow rolling out content for the game that has been out for 2+ years in other versions, I'd call that pretty successful financially for the company. I wont fault them for making money off of retards.
    Kyleran
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    For a Korean import, usually you expect that the base game is essentially done and you just have to worry about localization.  Apparently that wasn't there plan here.  Are they trying to release simultaneously worldwide?
    Scot
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Riannes said:
    Next time release the game first and let us pay later. Hey my credit card is in development.

Hehe, love this, great idea :smiley:
    Kyleran
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    game sucked, no other way to put it, unfinished piece of POO
    Kyleran
  • celtwulfceltwulf Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Sounds like Neowiz is taking a play from EA's public relations book "when creating a terrible and/or underwhelming product always blame the consumer & never by any means take any responsibility"
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Remember when Alpha and Beta were still part of the development stage and not the release stage?

Yeah, there was a reason for that.
    ScotPhryKyleran
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

vodkaa said:

As someone who stayed on this sinking ship till the water was up to my neck before i paddled away to other things. The whole issue with neowiz was lack of communication, there was no seeing eye to eye when they would release what they want, when they want, providing no assurance to actual player feed back. Wether you liked the game or not, those of us who did, suffered at the hands of neowiz who tossed out beginner level pr to try and keep us with false hope. This whole article is a LOL.

Yep, zero communication.
    There are very few companies I've seen talk THAT little to their player base.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Think about how this makes MMOs look as a genre, it erodes trust that cannot me good for MMORPG's or gaming in general.
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    edited October 2018

elveone said:

There is a huge difference between "time for development" and releasing a product that is unplayable due to missing features, bugs and poor optimization.

...that failed previously in other markets... Hello? McFly?  You know, doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different result.  Yes, I know they changed the game but stability and lack of communication was what did them in previously.

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I see a lot people not comprehending "Early Access" . I personally never read at all that the game was "released or finished ? Maybe someone can point me to that article ?
    It released in other countries so the public didn't accept the EA tag, it still was though, absolutely no one was deceived.

Bless, popular to hate. Personally I find a lot of titles much worse: Blade and Soul, Revelation Online, Riders of Icarus. Just to name a few.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2018
    I see a lot people not comprehending "Early Access" . I personally never read at all that the game was "released or finished ? Maybe someone can point me to that article ?
    A lot of people also don't understand the TRUE meaning of EA.These people are called naive,easy targets for businesses.

I can sell it out for those less informed or not paying attention to the overall market....
    Why would a developer ever claim their game is finished if it is a pile of crap?If you are taking MONEY>>$$$ from consumers,your product had better darn well be fit for consumption.

Matter of FACT,that is the LAW as you cannot knowingly sell an unfit product to a consumer.So how to avoid the law and refunds just claim not finished,use at own risk...EXPLOITING people and bending the law.
    I can assume however that a person can just claim they were mislead by he developer and demand a refund anyhow.Problem is when you enter a scummy operation like Steam who claims if you spend 2 hours in a game,you MUST like it OR accept it even though you might not have seen anything in that 2 hours.
    Point..it seems the new age of business operations is to DECEIVE and scam consumers,way more prevalent now than say 20 years ago.

Ungood

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    MMORPG with no server resets is a released product. Slapping the early access tag doesn't change the fact that its released.

Given that development of an mmorpg never ends even though the game has been released means that an mmorpg never gets finished.
    Ungood
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Devs can say it as much as they want.  It's a good thing that consumers don't just mindlessly take developers at their words for these things and, instead, assess the situation for what it appears to be by the facts of the transaction.

Producers in this industry are manipulative enough without consumers blindly accepting everything they say at face value.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Shaigh said:
    MMORPG with no server resets is a released product. Slapping the early access tag doesn't change the fact that its released.

Given that development of an mmorpg never ends even though the game has been released means that an mmorpg never gets finished.
    Its been said before, but if your game costs money to buy, you can buy a subscription or there is a cash shop you can buy things from, then its a released game. What further nails it is that the game had already released in Korea, Japan and Russia, admittedly the game failed spectacularly each time and this is probably the last roll of the dice for Neowiz when it comes to Bless, the game is arguably in worse condition now than it was when it first released in Korea, reputedly there are fewer features now than there were when it was first released. :/
  • BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Despite the "mismatch in expectations" between developers and the community, Neowiz feels that EA was a success and that the new combat system has been well-receive..... We'll than we can agree to disagree!
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited October 2018
    lahnmir said:
    It released in other countries so the public didn't accept the EA tag, it still was though, absolutely no one was deceived.

Bless, popular to hate. Personally I find a lot of titles much worse: Blade and Soul, Revelation Online, Riders of Icarus. Just to name a few.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

WHAT?

As bad as Blade & Soul is/was, that game released way more polished and completed. They promptly released added on content. It just wasn't good game in general but leaps and bounds a better release than Bless.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

WHAT?

As bad as Blade & Soul is/was, that game released way more polished and completed. They promptly released added on content. It just wasn't good game in general but leaps and bounds a better release than Bless.
    Honestly?  I would be playing B and S still if it wasn't for the hardcore grind necessary to keep up with gear and such.  It's literally impossible to have an alt unless you no-life or whale it up.  

Best combat in any game ever, with Wildstar right behind it for me.
    [Deleted User]FlyByKnightKyleranPhry
  • urvikarmaurvikarma Member CommonPosts: 1
    i'm pretty confused here, people keep saying they're blaming the customers but to me it doesn't sound this way.

"However, many players didn’t share the team’s view that Early Access was still a time for development and changes. Bless Online wasn’t a final, polished product as much of the community had believed it would be, leading to a mismatch of expectations for Early Access between the development team and the players."

Sound like they're blaming communications and how we perceive EA. Keep in mind the meat around the bone has been added by mmorpg's writer which have it own view on the game. Words can be twisted easily, instead of reading this thread i would suggest looking at their actual letter and take your own view on the topic.

As for the "they released 3 times before they should've known better" i understand your point of view and also think this is unacceptable but there's also a tought that comes to mind. how many games rolled back their content without issues? 0 games that rolled back to previous version had a nice time. In most cases some of those fixes were applied 5 years ago have been forgotten.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited October 2018
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

WHAT?

Honestly?  I would be playing B and S still if it wasn't for the hardcore grind necessary to keep up with gear and such.  It's literally impossible to have an alt unless you no-life or whale it up.  

Best combat in any game ever, with Wildstar right behind it for me.
    Absolutely. Its P2W, the OWPVP structure had/has alot to be desired, and it had it's other quirks but in terms of basic release check-off list it hit all the marks that a responsible release should. Guess what else? They didn't need 5 tries and DID NOT have the population plummet Bless did.

Also Wildstar had great combat, they just overdosed on the telegraph mechanics. If they had done it more creatively/intuitively it would have been much better (not enough to save the overall game as it had way bigger issues).
    MadFrenchie
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • blood_thirstblood_thirst Member UncommonPosts: 21

Torval said:

They should have focused and launched on consoles first. I think that's where MMOs will find a home in the future.

Why? I think people will play on PC. Not for all comfortable play on consoles.