Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Team - 'Players Didn't Share the View That EA was a Time for Development'

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    When you charge like it's a regular game the players react like it's a regular game.
    jimmywolf

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I actually enjoyed the game. It just always ran like shit. I have a 1070 and a computer that is less then a year old and still ran like Crysis on a toaster. I can deal with bugs, missing tooltips, occasional lag, broken quests, classes that need adjusted. Bless for me was almost unplayable.

I managed to get into the high level 20s. I couldn't deal with the low FPS and lag. So I decided to give the game time to fix the issues. I went back once a month. My last time was September. I was hoping it would at least improve enough to play at least like Tera. The improvements were arbitrary at best.

I'll gladly give it another go if it improves after it's official launch. But something tells me not to get my hopes up. A shame, because it had potential.
    Octagon7711
  • BineticBinetic Member UncommonPosts: 6
    edited October 2018
    As F2P will survive some time. I don't see how this will go many years, Wildstar didn;t make it, so Blass will be the same. Population this days is more loyal to youtube and other review platforms than loyal to them selves to check the MMO-s. More ppl, more feedback, more money = more polished product if there is passion from the team to do that.

Ill give it a try, but a lot of ppl will not because „they say its crap game ill never touch it“ pff... There is bunch of bad reviews with 5 to 20 hours of played, how can u critic for 5h played the game? OO you read somewhere that the game is crap and put your words on steam or other Bless post. As F2P there should be given chance to the team. If they still do nothing than delete and enjoy other games.
    sarah116
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331

Kyleran said:

No sympathy, the game can shut down, the company closed, the developers turned out into the street.

You gotta admit guys: this is pretty cold...

SBFordOctagon7711Kylerangastovski1SamhaelMrMelGibson
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    other mmorpgs survive with less , and keep putting content (not good content to be fair but...)

anyway Bless failed from the start the combat revamp , the EA access , how they handled the bugs/exploits , the whole game was on flames when released , now blame the players....yeah no
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

cmacq said:

Kyleran said:

No sympathy, the game can shut down, the company closed, the developers turned out into the street.

You gotta admit guys: this is pretty cold...

don't expect kids to understand what they talk about, most just tend to rage and troll
    SBFordKylerangastovski1SamhaelMrMelGibson

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135
    The pricing of the game in its state was a joke from the start for an EA title! .
    They failed from the very start pathetic .
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    "Bless Online wasn’t a final, polished product as much of the community had believed it would be, leading to a mismatch of expectations for Early Access between the development team and the players."

I know this is a PR statement, but honestly this is retarded. As was mentioned multiple times before, the game was launched as f2p in 3 other regions over like 5 years, so to honestly say it wasn't going to have a degree of polish by now is laughable. That said, they did go within the rules that steam Early Access did define, so steam does have some of the blame to share for this title milking people for as much as it did. So it'll go f2p and get some spike in numbers again, then die/shut down in a year.

People honestly shouldn't blame Neowiz as much as they should blame their own community for being so desperate though. Info on this game was known about for YEARS if people could get their heads out of their own butts. Its pathetic seeing people defend companies that take advantage of them or even micro-transactions, just like people are defending exp boosters in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
  • M.D.33M.D.33 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    This is the dumpest and worst gaming company I have ever seen, I hope they will go bankrupt some time in the future. Pls Xbox people dont support their game next year!
  • ReilathReilath Member CommonPosts: 6

Binetic said:

There is bunch of bad reviews with 5 to 20 hours of played, how can u critic for 5h played the game? OO you read somewhere that the game is crap and put your words on steam or other Bless post.

As F2P there should be given chance to the team. If they still do nothing than delete and enjoy other games.

The developers themselves said that they optimized the game, and when it came to EA it had even worse performance than in other regions (which were released before EU and NA), and you expect a person to play a game more than 5 hours with 5-15 fps and non stop disconnects? You really think people have the time and nerves to waste on developers like that?!
    I'd say giving them even 30 minutes of our time was extremely wasteful.
    When it comes to optimizing games, there are extremely rare occasions where the developers actually did optimize the game, and seeing how Bless online failed multiple times already, chances are this was more of a " money grab" than a " we actually want people to play and enjoy our game" so we all knew they won't optimize it any further.
    Hence the bad reviews.
    M.D.33
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    A lot of negativity for Bless and Neowiz(from myself included), but I still plan on trying out the game when it goes f2p. If there are no p2w aspects I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be my side game for when I have nothing to do in WoW for example.
    sarah116MrMelGibson
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    I think a ff14 style mea culpa would have gone a long way with the bless community who seems to feel jilted (i havent tried it personally). They went with an excuse instead.

That said, ff14 does prove its possible for an mmo to become really good after a rework.
    Gobstopper3DMrMelGibson

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited October 2018
    LOLZ.
    I was one of the "smart" people who bought Defiance; TSW. Released games. Look at em now. (especially at "new" defiance >.>) Aparently everyone also forgot Landmark.

Now people throw money to devs for nothing and surprised why they get only shiFt in return?! LOLZ.

Whole steam EA is scam. It so painfull to see how fooled kids protecting devs.
    "You dont have to pay. Nobody force you."
    Devs are in amazing position.
    EA means they need money if devs dont get enough, they just balme everyone and stop/abandon game or release it unfinished. If they get ALOT, they prise themselves and...do the same. Its only player is in the Es, no matter what you do.

People PAY for F2P BETA TEST or is it all alpha these days. WTF?
    What makes it f2p if you have to pay?! Why you pay to be able to work for FREE on those scammers?!

They also scare lil kids "SP is dying." LOLZ.
    SP , MP prices are insane!
    Dont worry kids, its all okay. We just triple the price, copy mmo elements and skip testing phase. Just buy 2080ti. Oh, and dont forget stupid story. Innovation, wtf is that?

>.>
    P.S. Project genom gold alvalon pack.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:

Time to hold companies accountable for releasing crap and fleecing customers repeatedly.

No sympathy for the employees either, I worked for less than reputable companies, I quit and found honorable work.

Yeah, its heartless bastard Saturday....tired of reading about this bad game.

/Mic drop

Oh yes I did.....
    People rarely (if ever) buy games due to sympathy. It always has been like what you described in a free market. 
    Kyleran
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    I don't know anything about Bless Online but we have been jonesing for a new MMO, so I thought I'd check out this story. I'm sure glad I read this before I wasted even one lousy minute with this disaster. I might have been willing to try out the game just to see if it improved at launch, but this company "PR" statement was chilling. If this is the statement they put out to defend themselves, if this is the person they hired to author a "PR" statement, it's clear that they are clueless and the game has no chance of survival. Thank you MMORPG, we'll look elsewhere.

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    edited October 2018
    Want to see something sad and cringe worthy? then look no further.. this is the community "manager" selling us the usual transparency crap

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    If they had wanted players to go into this treating it like a time for development, they could've selected testers from a sign-up pool.

Nobody (or almost nobody) buys into an Early Access title to try and test it for the devs.  I have a hard time believing Neowiz didn't know this before releasing it into EA.
    MensurOctagon7711ConstantineMerusThaharKyleran

• seratinseratin Member UncommonPosts: 17
    If you charge money you don't get to use early access as a shield against criticism.  Testers or Profit, pick one and own up to it.
    [Deleted User]
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Despite the "mismatch in expectations" between developers and the community, Neowiz feels that EA was a success and that the new combat system has been well-received.

Number of players playing 4 mins ago: 583
    Number of players for the 24 hour peak: 614
    All-time peak: 34,288

Yup, EA was a success.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    We've heard that one before "It's still in beta"
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Just listened to that Community Manager video. They permanently shut down the Korean server? Um, that doesn't bode well for the future. Did they blame that on their Korean users, too? 

What a story.

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    If they had wanted players to go into this treating it like a time for development, they could've selected testers from a sign-up pool.

Nobody (or almost nobody) buys into an Early Access title to try and test it for the devs.  I have a hard time believing Neowiz didn't know this before releasing it into EA.
    I agree. There's vast difference between an alpha-access to a crowdfunding campaign you've backed and Steam's early-access. I'm in a hurry so if someone disagrees do tell, I'll get back to you later! :)
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153

jahlon said:

Despite the "mismatch in expectations" between developers and the community, Neowiz feels that EA was a success and that the new combat system has been well-received.

Number of players playing 4 mins ago: 583

Number of players for the 24 hour peak: 614

All-time peak: 34,288

Yup, EA was a success.

As a cash grab, It was successful:
    they got tens of thousands of suckers buying their overpriced packs, subs, pour more cash into the shop, and they had no need to re-invest in either development or infrastructure to support such user-base as they all left. Ferengis would be impressed XD
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    It needed serious optimization. Everything they added was fluff and tried to sweep optimization under the rug. That said it had one of the most toxic communities Ive ever played with. You couldnt even mention one reason why you liked the game or else you'd be ripped apart.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

elveone said:

There is a huge difference between "time for development" and releasing a product that is unplayable due to missing features, bugs and poor optimization.

Nope, there is not. The last part is EXACTLY what you can expect from games in Early Acces. Games in Early Acces should range from pre-alpha to open beta and everything in between.
    It should NOT be a simple headstart...
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED