Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Team - 'Players Didn't Share the View That EA was a Time for Development'

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBless Team - 'Players Didn't Share the View That EA was a Time for Development'

The Bless Online and Steam pages have been updated with a retrospective look back at the Early Access phase of the game with an eye to its upcoming release as a free-to-play game. The letter begins acknowledging that the game is "a passion project for Neowiz" and that they wanted to achieve the goals of a wide multi-national reach". Part of that was to go to Early Access. While Neowiz wanted this to be a time for "development and changes", the community wanted a more polished game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• vodkaavodkaa Member UncommonPosts: 2
    As someone who stayed on this sinking ship till the water was up to my neck before i paddled away to other things. The whole issue with neowiz was lack of communication, there was no seeing eye to eye when they would release what they want, when they want, providing no assurance to actual player feed back. Wether you liked the game or not, those of us who did, suffered at the hands of neowiz who tossed out beginner level pr to try and keep us with false hope. This whole article is a LOL.
    NotEvadingTaxFraudNanbinoPhryMrMelGibsonWaanWhiteshade92ScotAlomar[Deleted User]warsaber1375and 12 others.

Drunk off power

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    There is a huge difference between "time for development" and releasing a product that is unplayable due to missing features, bugs and poor optimization.
    LaviotaKyleranNotEvadingTaxFraudGdemamiNanbinoPhryMrMelGibsonWhiteshade92Alomar[Deleted User]and 10 others.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Are they jumping the starwars band wagon? Blame the customer for the shitty product they create.
    UngoodNanbinoElendengelNephandusWhiteshade92[Deleted User]ThaharNordicApacheSailorMomgastovski1and 5 others.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    I think what Neowiz ended up doing was that they made changes reactively, after a complete revamp of a system that wasn't entirely ideal.  By that I mean the combat system.  In theory it should have been more action packed and fun, but in practice it just made no sense, was unwieldy, and hindered players. 

I get the players that say it should never have been in "early access" with several launches before, but they were attempting to make changes to ensure success of the western launch.  Unfortunately, the changes they made didn't resonate, and while they listened to reactive outcries having to do with the hacking, the vast imbalances, the weird end game dungeon issues, they didn't resolve the fundamental problems which, in truth, probably should have slowed the October release until the end of the year.

But now it feels like they're between a rock and a hard place with one region closing down already, it feels like if they don't release it now, they may not release it to the west ever, and with Bless Unleashed nipping at their heels with a newer engine, it's hard to even bother with this release.
    Ungooditchmon[Deleted User]Thahar

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    eh i dunno how it was even ever early access other than for the localization portion of development. If it was released for a year or two overseas how can they claim it was unfinished other than some re-work? They released it and it wasnt good. I've played worse but it wasn't good, they should just own up to it lol. Their combo system sucks
    Gdemamidarkhearts
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    edited October 2018
    Gotta love development companies always thinking they can have their cake and eat it too. Screw with your patrons and they will screw you back. By the way, blaming your customers only ensures they won't patronize future projects and goes to show how clueless this company is.
    rojoArcueidGdemamiDakeruWhiteshade92Alomar[Deleted User]ThaharNordicApacheSamhael

• HellscreamHellscream Member UncommonPosts: 98
    The biggest issue with the game has not even been touched optimization the game runs horrible so bad to the point i don't even want to play it makes it not fun. And to the people that know Tera even that game plays way better then Bless and is more optimized and that is running 10+ year old unreal engine 2.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Costs money to get the game? Cash shop open? Optional subscription? Taking payments?

Game is launched.
    UngoodKylerank61977VrikaPhryWhiteshade92Nilden[Deleted User]renegeedAlomarand 12 others.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 708
    Is this seriously their excuse? They had years in other countries to develop the game and didn’t / couldn’t. This just shows how bad they are if this is the excuse they’re giving
    UngoodGdemamijarsku85Whiteshade92[Deleted User]LeiHngWeiThaharNordicApacheGamePlay4U
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512

Is this seriously their excuse? They had years in other countries to develop the game and didn’t / couldn’t. This just shows how bad they are if this is the excuse they’re giving

This is what i dont understand. The game has been out for years already. The had years to tweak things. Not sure how they can blame the players. On the flip side players to not beta test or send feed back as they should. Most players use beta / EA as a trial to see if they want to buy the game instead of giving the company feedback.
    NordicApache
  • RiannesRiannes Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Next time release the game first and let us pay later. Hey my credit card is in development.
    UngoodKyleranDakerurertezgunklackerSpottyGekkojimmywolfWhiteshade92[Deleted User]Nildenand 8 others.
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    edited October 2018
    Meh, whatever, so tired of this 'pay us now* and we promise to fix it later' attitude in games development recently; Neowiz have reaped nothing more than what they sowed.

* To say nothing of companies charging MORE than the retail price for the privilage of 'Early Access'
    DakeruNordicApacheGamePlay4U
  • El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    edited October 2018
    When I see Steam Early Access I almost immediately think "money grab" now. It wasn't always like. Why are developers so out of the loop? There used to be legitimate games that needed a larger test group on steam EA. Its just become so watered down and full of games by companies that shouldn't even be there. Everybody chasing a buck.
    NordicApache

I've got the straight edge.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    You can't call something EA that's been released 3 times, and expect people to believe you.
    NildenKyleranGdemamiPhryWarlyxjimmywolfWhiteshade92[Deleted User]ThaharNordicApacheand 3 others.

Joined - July 2004

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    haha early access ? dont pee down my back and tell me its raining.

you failed a 3rd time releasing this game.
    El-HefeKyleranPhryXarkoNordicApache
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,821
    edited October 2018
    A time for development? This was their third time releasing this game and it still had duping exploits present in previous launches. 

They didn't develop shit. Or rather shit was all they developed. 
    Mackaveli44celtwulf
  • DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399
    lol

Shifting the blame to the customers for development choices is what you do when you've screwed up so massively, you have no more excuses to come up with.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    No sympathy, the game can shut down, the company closed, the developers turned out into the street.

Time to hold companies accountable for releasing crap and fleecing customers repeatedly.

No sympathy for the employees either, I worked for less than reputable companies, I quit and found honorable work.

Yeah, its heartless bastard Saturday....tired of reading about this bad game.

/Mic drop

Oh yes I did.....
    MadFrenchieLackingMMOPhryMrMelGibsonSpottyGekkojimmywolfatonicoWhiteshade92Nilden[Deleted User]and 11 others.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Kyleran said:
    No sympathy, the game can shut down, the company closed, the developers turned out into the street.

Time to hold companies accountable for releasing crap and fleecing customers repeatedly.

No sympathy for the employees either, I worked for less than reputable companies, I quit and found honorable work.

Yeah, its heartless bastard Saturday....tired of reading about this bad game.

/Mic drop

Oh yes I did.....
    Just for that, 100 more articles will be emailed to you directly every daaayyyy 
    PhryMrMelGibsonThaharNordicApacheKyleranRadoo

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Describe Neowiz using 1 word.
    I'll go first.

PATHETIC
  • velimiriusvelimirius Member UncommonPosts: 134
    some1 shut down those retarded devs pls.
    exile01gastovski1Samhael
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    .....yeah, they didn't share that view because the stupid game was already released for free, FOR YEARS, in other regions.

These developers keep sounding more and more pathetic and incompetent the more they talk.
    NordicApache
  • WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 371
    If your go-to response is blame the customers for your own misgivings, you're in the completely wrong business.  The golden rule is "The customer is King."  Not "We made mistakes, but it's your fault for expecting more from us."  Have some accountability for gods sake.
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    *insert mocking spongebob* ThE CuStOmEr DiDn't tHiNk lIkE uS
    NordicApache