Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell me about Maple Story 2

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
I watched some streams of this last night, Had a hard time trying to make out what this game is about. On one hand you have these childish graphics that would make you think this is a MMO aimed at young children, but then it seemed there was a deep customization and housing aspect to this game along with a serious end game community with challenging content.

I'm confused what this game is or what it wants to be.... I'll definitely being giving the F2P launch a try on the 10th. 
  • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Comments

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    3 words "not Service Regions" . JK

well , since it's nexon then it want to be ... P2W and heavy grind
    as you said , the game have deep customization and good housing .
    JeffSpicoli
  • ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I couldn't stop playing the thing all weekend. Lots of things to do. Each zone has different "trophy" activities to complete. These can give attribute points, or other things like titles, money etc... The trophy can be earned by hitting mobs with trashcans, signs, or simple kill this many X. How many trophies you've collected can make you more powerful. Then there's the regular XP leveling system where you get skill points and attribute points to build your class out. There are different skill trees to spec, and you can save multiple specs, say one for party healing and one for soloing. There are world bosses that people gang up on. 

There are dungeons, group activities and non combat skills like fishing, mining or harvesting plants. So much to do. 

Also guilds, guild houses, guild skill bonuses, etc....

Non-instanced player houses with tons of decorations and furniture that's interactive. 

Land mounts, flying mounts - some are completely silly, like paper airplanes. 

At first glance, I didn't expect this much complexity from a game that is so cutesy. I just wanted to try a game that looked happy for a change, as I've got enough doom and gloom in real life to last a while. 

I'm currently too chicken to let my buddies know what I'm playing yet. So I opted to purchase a pack from the game's website rather than on Steam. 
    JeffSpicoliNeonSaru
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Huge cash shop,very much p2w and a lot of immersion breaking like BDO with bot fishing...verry lame.
    You'll get max level fast then are capped on again lame instance crap over and over and over.
    The game is basically auto end game crap and a cash shop to play it.
    It seems Nexon will never change their greedy ways,a business is about BOTH you and the customer.
    This does not bode well as things were looking probable for the FFXI reboot but it wil be run by NEXON and i have never seen Nexon operate FAIR.
    JeffSpicolikjempff

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Crighton00Crighton00 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Don't know much about the game, but I did see some trailers, looks pretty good. Can't wait to give it a try on the 10th. Didn't want to watch many streams to ruin it, because Maple Story was a large game and still is, and has been around for a while. So I'm expecting something pretty kool for number 2.
    www.comicnowreviews.weebly.com
  • HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Wizardry said:
    Huge cash shop,very much p2w and a lot of immersion breaking like BDO with bot fishing...verry lame.
    You'll get max level fast then are capped on again lame instance crap over and over and over.
    It seems Nexon will never change their greedy ways,a business is about BOTH you and the customer.
    This does not bode well as things were looking probable for the FFXI reboot but it wil be run by NEXON and i have never seen Nexon operate FAIR.
    If you looked at the cash shop, you would see that there's nothing P2W about it... There are loot boxes, yes, but none of them contain anything but customization items. If you go on the Maplestory 2 Steam discussions board, devs have answered P2W concerns many times.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    It's free, check it out.
  • loupokamiloupokami Member UncommonPosts: 12
    HazenXIII said:
    Wizardry said:
    If you looked at the cash shop, you would see that there's nothing P2W about it... There are loot boxes, yes, but none of them contain anything but customization items. If you go on the Maplestory 2 Steam discussions board, devs have answered P2W concerns many times.
    It's funny how people still take the words of the developers as the biblical truth, but in almost all cases, in almost all free 2 play games, they're lies. ESPECIALLY if the game is developed in east Asia.