Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mild Tag

SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
I have had a "Mild" tag under my name for over half a year. Any chance a moderator could fix that?

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
        Many of us have tags , mine is a blinding Red Severe tag , they dont go away .. Its intentional
    JeffSpicoliKyleran[Deleted User]
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Where is this tag I cannot see it ?

you can only see your own tag , its not visible to others ...  Its there glaring reminder to better behavior

JeffSpicoli
    Scorchien said:
    you can only see your own tag , its not visible to others ...  Its there glaring reminder to better behavior

Now I understand.

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    edited June 2018
    Better behavior my ass...it is just going to cause me to repeatedly ask for it to be removed. I will not stop being myself on this website.

I was "warned" because I called everyone a dumbass. Which actually doesn't violate the code of conduct whatsoever.

Quote from a moderator named "Vaross":

You were warned for flaming other uses with the following statement:  "All of you dumbasses are simply excited for this game, but pissed it isn't out yet."

This constitutes flaming, which is not allowed under the code of conduct rules from the link above.

"MMORPG.com does not tolerate personal attacks on other posters. Please keep your arguments and posts on topic, and argue the ideas and topics of the thread instead of insulting other users."

What I said was not technically a personal attack, as it wasn't directed toward an individual, making it a general attack. Which does not violate the code of conduct.

Regardless, a post that happened 6+ months ago when I have been a member of this website and forums for 14 years, is a bit ridiculous.

Post edited by SirAgravaine on
    5CARLLeTT[Deleted User]GdemamiRenoaku[Deleted User]Sovrath
    edited June 2018
    I don't think you're supposed to reveal messages on bans/warnings and expose them on the forums. That is against the rules.
    Post edited by kitarad on

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I must admit I would like to know the stance on these tags as well. Got into a heated debate and whoops, got one. I don't think it was deserved and am really annoyed seeing it every time, especially on my mobile when I have to scroll through the whole back and forth spiel on a background of the uggliest yellow invented by man.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Viper482
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    bigmilk said:
    ha, I earned a mild tag for replying to SBFord to GTFO for crying about people not giving each other unicorn kisses in one of her feel good propaganda threads. 
    You don't get banned until you hit Spicy. It's a 3 strike policy , currently on medium myself
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Better behavior my ass...it is just going to cause me to repeatedly ask for it to be removed. I will not stop being myself on this website.

I was "warned" because I called everyone a dumbass. Which actually doesn't violate the code of conduct whatsoever.

You were warned for flaming other uses with the following statement:  "All of you dumbasses are simply excited for this game, but pissed it isn't out yet."

This constitutes flaming, which is not allowed under the code of conduct rules from the link above.

"MMORPG.com does not tolerate personal attacks on other posters. Please keep your arguments and posts on topic, and argue the ideas and topics of the thread instead of insulting other users."

What I said was not technically a personal attack, as it wasn't directed toward an individual, making it a general attack. Which does not violate the code of conduct.

Regardless, a post that happened 6+ months ago when I have been a member of this website and forums for 14 years, is a bit ridiculous.

Technically, you could also consider it as personal attack against EVERYONE in that thread. O.O

Soon you'll get past denial and one day all the way to acceptance -- like I have w/ my Medium tag.
    --------------------------------------------
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    edited January 2019
    These flags are profiling. I identify as the #1 poster on this forum and you are required to give me a flag that says so.

In all seriousness, do they really think anyone cares? This site is next to useless with the articles it writes.
    NorseGod
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    thundered said:
    bigmilk said:
    ha, I earned a mild tag for replying to SBFord to GTFO for crying about people not giving each other unicorn kisses in one of her feel good propaganda threads. 
    You don't get banned until you hit Spicy. It's a 3 strike policy , currently on medium myself
    Where do I go to see it?
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    thundered said:
    bigmilk said:
    thats not true , you can get a ban without any tag at all or at mild , medium, spicy ..
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited January 2019
    NorseGod said:
    thundered said:
    bigmilk said:
    Where do I go to see it?
    You'll see it in your profile, open notifications and you should see it. (Them?)

I wish they would delete it as it includes the full text of the post it is given on.

So everytime I open notifications I have to scroll past this stupidly long warning to get to the message / notifications below it.

Unfortunately they really don't have a web admin who is well versed in Vanilla (or is willing to spend the time) which is why so many things are kludgy, incomplete, or outright broken on the site.
    NorseGod

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Scorchien said:
    thundered said:
    bigmilk said:
    thats not true , you can get a ban without any tag at all or at mild , medium, spicy ..
    I DISAGREE

Kyleran
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited August 2019
    The mods on these forums are biased. Rather have it back when everyone was modded equally. I don't even get told what the warning was for most of the time. 
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    lol it's funny cause he made a thread about something everyone knows. Your marked man, where it with pride.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    thats why I just post random nonsense junk. If the warning tag went away I'd actually care about my own personal posts on the forum. But no point trying if the forum punishes you for life
    oooh, that's why, OK.
    Baalzharon
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Someone practicing necromancy, I see. The flag was removed from my profile. Thanks to whichever moderator did it.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited September 2019

well you said it yourself, you deserve your tag, and if warnings don't work on you... that is your problem i guess.

bitching about the fact that you can not behave like a bitch is... well... not very clever

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Thane said:

well you said it yourself, you deserve your tag, and if warnings don't work on you... that is your problem i guess.

bitching about the fact that you can not behave like a bitch is... well... not very clever
    if it was not random then maybe, but from what I see it most have it, and is not like it would then any good, and its not like people couldn't make a new account
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Someone practicing necromancy, I see. The flag was removed from my profile. Thanks to whichever moderator did it.
    Hey, how about getting them to remove my mild flag as well, since you appear to be well connected.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Kyleran said:

Hey, how about getting them to remove my mild flag as well, since you appear to be well connected.

;)
    >mild

Bro, get on my level.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Seems at least you got notification of why you got a tag.

I didn't get any notification as to why I got a tag.

But I assumed it was from when I told Bill Murphy he was a useless piece of shit.  Guess the truth hurts.