Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mild Tag

SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 478
I have had a "Mild" tag under my name for over half a year. Any chance a moderator could fix that?

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,437
        Many of us have tags , mine is a blinding Red Severe tag , they dont go away .. Its intentional
    RandyWatson
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 4,897
    Where is this tag I cannot see it ?

you can only see your own tag , its not visible to others ...  Its there glaring reminder to better behavior

RandyWatson
    Scorchien said:
    you can only see your own tag , its not visible to others ...  Its there glaring reminder to better behavior

Now I understand.

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 478
    edited June 2018
    Better behavior my ass...it is just going to cause me to repeatedly ask for it to be removed. I will not stop being myself on this website.

I was "warned" because I called everyone a dumbass. Which actually doesn't violate the code of conduct whatsoever.

Quote from a moderator named "Vaross":

You were warned for flaming other uses with the following statement:  "All of you dumbasses are simply excited for this game, but pissed it isn't out yet."

This constitutes flaming, which is not allowed under the code of conduct rules from the link above.

"MMORPG.com does not tolerate personal attacks on other posters. Please keep your arguments and posts on topic, and argue the ideas and topics of the thread instead of insulting other users."

What I said was not technically a personal attack, as it wasn't directed toward an individual, making it a general attack. Which does not violate the code of conduct.

Regardless, a post that happened 6+ months ago when I have been a member of this website and forums for 14 years, is a bit ridiculous.

Post edited by SirAgravaine on
    5CARLLeTTparrotpholkGdemamiRenoaku
    edited June 2018
    I don't think you're supposed to reveal messages on bans/warnings and expose them on the forums. That is against the rules.
    Post edited by kitarad on

• lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,322
    I must admit I would like to know the stance on these tags as well. Got into a heated debate and whoops, got one. I don't think it was deserved and am really annoyed seeing it every time, especially on my mobile when I have to scroll through the whole back and forth spiel on a background of the uggliest yellow invented by man.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • bigmilkbigmilk Member UncommonPosts: 44
    edited October 2018
    ha, I earned a mild tag for replying to SBFord to GTFO for crying about people not giving each other unicorn kisses in one of her feel good propaganda threads. 
    NorseGod
  • RandyWatsonRandyWatson Member EpicPosts: 2,340
    bigmilk said:
    ha, I earned a mild tag for replying to SBFord to GTFO for crying about people not giving each other unicorn kisses in one of her feel good propaganda threads. 
    You don't get banned until you hit Spicy. It's a 3 strike policy , currently on medium myself
    • I believe the children are our are future
      Teach them well and let them lead the way
      Show them all the beauty they possess inside
      Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
      Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be
      Everybody searching for a hero
      People need someone to look up to
      I never found anyone who fulfill my needs
      A lonely place to be
      And so I learned to depend on me
    • I decided long ago
      Never to walk in anyone's shadows
      If I fail, if I succeed
      At least I'll live as I believe
      No matter what they take from me
      They can't take away my dignity

• If intersted in booking myself Randy Watson or my band Sexual Chocolate you can contact @RandyWatsonMMORPG.Com or my booking agent Mr Cleo Mcdowell at McDowell's 5555 Queens Blvd Ny Ny
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,200
    Better behavior my ass...it is just going to cause me to repeatedly ask for it to be removed. I will not stop being myself on this website.

I was "warned" because I called everyone a dumbass. Which actually doesn't violate the code of conduct whatsoever.

Quote from a moderator named "Vaross":

You were warned for flaming other uses with the following statement:  "All of you dumbasses are simply excited for this game, but pissed it isn't out yet."

This constitutes flaming, which is not allowed under the code of conduct rules from the link above.

"MMORPG.com does not tolerate personal attacks on other posters. Please keep your arguments and posts on topic, and argue the ideas and topics of the thread instead of insulting other users."

What I said was not technically a personal attack, as it wasn't directed toward an individual, making it a general attack. Which does not violate the code of conduct.

Regardless, a post that happened 6+ months ago when I have been a member of this website and forums for 14 years, is a bit ridiculous.

Technically, you could also consider it as personal attack against EVERYONE in that thread. O.O

Soon you'll get past denial and one day all the way to acceptance -- like I have w/ my Medium tag.
    --------------------------------------------
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 136
    edited January 7
    These flags are profiling. I identify as the #1 poster on this forum and you are required to give me a flag that says so.

In all seriousness, do they really think anyone cares? This site is next to useless with the articles it writes.
    NorseGod
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member RarePosts: 1,746
    thundered said:
    bigmilk said:
    You don't get banned until you hit Spicy. It's a 3 strike policy , currently on medium myself
    Where do I go to see it?
    Come home, North Man.
    thundered said:
    bigmilk said:
    thats not true , you can get a ban without any tag at all or at mild , medium, spicy ..
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 32,428
    edited January 7
    NorseGod said:
    thundered said:
    bigmilk said:
    Where do I go to see it?
    You'll see it in your profile, open notifications and you should see it. (Them?)

I wish they would delete it as it includes the full text of the post it is given on.

So everytime I open notifications I have to scroll past this stupidly long warning to get to the message / notifications below it.

Unfortunately they really don't have a web admin who is well versed in Vanilla (or is willing to spend the time) which is why so many things are kludgy, incomplete, or outright broken on the site.
    NorseGod

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RandyWatsonRandyWatson Member EpicPosts: 2,340
    Scorchien said:
    thundered said:
    bigmilk said:
    thats not true , you can get a ban without any tag at all or at mild , medium, spicy ..
    I DISAGREE

Kyleran
    • I believe the children are our are future
      Teach them well and let them lead the way
      Show them all the beauty they possess inside
      Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
      Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be
      Everybody searching for a hero
      People need someone to look up to
      I never found anyone who fulfill my needs
      A lonely place to be
      And so I learned to depend on me
    • I decided long ago
      Never to walk in anyone's shadows
      If I fail, if I succeed
      At least I'll live as I believe
      No matter what they take from me
      They can't take away my dignity

• If intersted in booking myself Randy Watson or my band Sexual Chocolate you can contact @RandyWatsonMMORPG.Com or my booking agent Mr Cleo Mcdowell at McDowell's 5555 Queens Blvd Ny Ny