Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzcon's Gear Shop Opens, Reveals a Mysterious New Diablo Title - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,361
    lowlama said:
    Diablo 1 remastered obv ;)
    If they are remastering Diablo 1, I want an expansion pack published by Sierra to come out for this one too.
    blueturtle13ConstantineMerus
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited October 2018
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos...
    Diablo: Reign of Terror... It's obviously RTS :D

Now that I mention WC 3... Man I want WC 4, sooooo bad... heck even a remastered wc3 will do. Game still has tournaments going on and people watch it on stream, so you can imagine if they actually put some effort into it what will happen.
    metareal
  • StizzledStizzled Member RarePosts: 1,937
    I find it interesting that the poster and shirts don't share a specific style or logo. The poster has the font from Diablo III, but not the Alien Queen looking Diablo from that game. The shirts have the same Diablo as the poster, but a different font that I swear I've seen used for Diablo before, but I can't seem to Google up any examples.

Also, the Reign of Terror is only in text on both and neither the shirts or the poster actually say anything but Diablo on them.

I'm left with three conclusions.

First, they're just a generic Diablo poster and shirts that don't mean anything specific and easily encompasses the entire franchise. But then why does the store list it as Diablo Reign of Terror, and not just Diablo or Diablo Lord of Terror?

Second, we've all been expecting/hoping for a Diablo II remaster, perhaps they've quietly been doing a Diablo remaster instead or also, and we'll be getting the original remastered first.

Third, it's something new in another form of media. Something that isn't part of the main series and can simply be called Diablo Reign of Terror. A cartoon series, mobile game or something else. I don't see this having anything to do with a Diablo 4 or any other major title like an MMO or survival game.
    TorvalLeiloni
  • SedrynTyrosSedrynTyros Member EpicPosts: 2,924
  • chrisapete123chrisapete123 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    World of Diablo is going to be announced!!!
    Beezerbeez
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 1,895
    World of Diablo is going to be announced!!!
    It's pretty much guaranteed at some point. Question is if it'll be a full on mmo like WoW or another "online survival" type piece of crap like Fallout76.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,391
    its probably the name of the Netflix show they are working on, which blends D1-D3
    TorvalLeiloni
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    forget playing heroes. I want to play as diablo and crushing people  :*
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I bet it's a board game. That's how creative I expect them to be nowadays.
    5CARLLeTT
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,261
    make diablo male again!
    AlomarPanther2103RadooOG_Zorvan
  • t0nydt0nyd Member UncommonPosts: 504
    I still haven't played Diablo 3 yet. Just looking at it, it doesn't seem to grab me. I'd be happy with a Diablo 2 remake. Not sure that I need it though, considering I'm still playing Grim Dawn and the expansion to Titan Quest. I need to quit collecting games that I don't play anyway. I'd say half my steam Library consists of games that I don't play. I'd say 30% of my steam Library consists of games that I've not even played once. God damn you Humble bundle...
  • BossChonoBossChono Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Radoo said:

If they made it like Hero Quest or Warhammer Quest I would actually love this.
    Panther2103Radoo
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,361
    BossChono said:
    Radoo said:

If they made it like Hero Quest or Warhammer Quest I would actually love this.
    This. I would love a Diablo board game. 
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,947
    Arskaaa said:
    make diablo male again!
    But Primevil Diablo has a better character design, tits aside.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    A telltale adventure... too soon?
    dragonlee66
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,428
    Turn based Diablo yes make it happen.
    blueturtle13
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,947
    Hashbrick said:
    A telltale adventure... too soon?
    The real Reign of Terror is how they treated their employees.
    Hashbrick
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,869
    Diablo Forsaken, and open world survival sandbox experience. Play the way you want. :smile:
    Torval

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    swipe right for diablo
    SedrynTyros
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,691
    They have announced that merchandise are irrelevant to Diablo working titles. 
    Torval
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: Blackfield by Blackfield from Blackfield (2005)
    • Currently Playing: Devil May Cry 1
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro.
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Diablo: Shadow Path of the Reign of the Exiled Forsaken Terror
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Must Have New Diablo game soon :) D4 Or MMo both work, would like to see, D3 Expansion with news of D4 or MMO.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 2,536
    Probaly Diablo Origins

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• DelondialDelondial Member UncommonPosts: 117
    The cynic in me says it'll be a mobile game or a remaster of better games. But if we get an honest to god proper Diablo sequel, and it's more inline with 2 (D3 just didn't do a thing for me); I'll be the first in line to kiss your @$%es and fork over all my cash. I want to beliiieve.

Clever things.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,391
    Diablo prequel would work as well, in a multiplayer verse, not necessarily MMO but maybe mini worlds

blueturtle13