Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Over 2000 likes since 2012, been here so many years

2»

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    AlBQuirky said:
    @TheScavenger, You done yet? 3 Posts in a row, not quoting anyone, and even linking another (asinine) thread of your own, as if YOU discovered something...

I used to enjoy MMORPGs. Not anymore, because the "RPG" aspect was deemed useless, boring, and repetitive. There are no MMORPG's anymore. I despise these "new MMOs" that players play on their mobiles while waiting for a bus.

Why do I come here, you ask? I have this possibly naive belief that maybe, someday, some developer may read my thoughts and others like them and think, "hmmm... that's an interesting point." I'm not here to poop on players' parades. I don't go to each individual game and rip them. I stay here in the Pub and General Gaming, with a foray into Off-Topic discussions. I want the "RPG" back in my MMOs. I want the "boring, tedious, non-combat" back and especially to see action combat go away. Not in all MMOs, mind you, for I appreciate many player enjoy these kinds of games (unlike other posters who expect every MMO to be games they enjoy). I just want a couple (for choice) that actually have "RPG" in the game.

I realize this is not "the popular" view, which makes me want to voice it even more often, trying to be heard.
    Well, everyone likes their MMOs. But in this case, the above posts weren't about you. I never seen you as a troll or anything like that, you actually make rather good quality posts.

It was mostly about the people who go to Star Citizen forums, or Pantheon forums, or any other yet to be released/early access/alpha MMOs...or even released MMOs...and all people do all day is try to make people hate that MMO or make their excitement of upcoming MMOs ruined.

The best example is SC simply cause its the "biggest" non-released MMO.There are so many people that troll that section and want to ruin peoples enjoyment of the game or ruin their excitement for it.

But it isn't just that game, but many other games people hate on in each its own sections of the forum. There is WoW for a released MMO where people called a shill or advertiser just because they enjoy it. And people say that about pretty much to anyone who likes a certain MMO, no matter what MMO it is.

But like I said, the above overly long posts were about those people. Not posters like you that actually make good quality posts
    AlBQuirky

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 5,420
    AlBQuirky said:
    @TheScavenger, You done yet? 3 Posts in a row, not quoting anyone, and even linking another (asinine) thread of your own, as if YOU discovered something...

I used to enjoy MMORPGs. Not anymore, because the "RPG" aspect was deemed useless, boring, and repetitive. There are no MMORPG's anymore. I despise these "new MMOs" that players play on their mobiles while waiting for a bus.

Why do I come here, you ask? I have this possibly naive belief that maybe, someday, some developer may read my thoughts and others like them and think, "hmmm... that's an interesting point." I'm not here to poop on players' parades. I don't go to each individual game and rip them. I stay here in the Pub and General Gaming, with a foray into Off-Topic discussions. I want the "RPG" back in my MMOs. I want the "boring, tedious, non-combat" back and especially to see action combat go away. Not in all MMOs, mind you, for I appreciate many player enjoy these kinds of games (unlike other posters who expect every MMO to be games they enjoy). I just want a couple (for choice) that actually have "RPG" in the game.

I realize this is not "the popular" view, which makes me want to voice it even more often, trying to be heard.
    Well, everyone likes their MMOs. But in this case, the above posts weren't about you. I never seen you as a troll or anything like that, you actually make rather good quality posts.

It was mostly about the people who go to Star Citizen forums, or Pantheon forums, or any other yet to be released/early access/alpha MMOs...or even released MMOs...and all people do all day is try to make people hate that MMO or make their excitement of upcoming MMOs ruined.

The best example is SC simply cause its the "biggest" non-released MMO.There are so many people that troll that section and want to ruin peoples enjoyment of the game or ruin their excitement for it.

But it isn't just that game, but many other games people hate on in each its own sections of the forum. There is WoW for a released MMO where people called a shill or advertiser just because they enjoy it. And people say that about pretty much to anyone who likes a certain MMO, no matter what MMO it is.

But like I said, the above overly long posts were about those people. Not posters like you that actually make good quality posts
    Understood.

I sometimes feel like people want to "help" others who seem overly pumped for a game, as Star Citizen backers seem to be, so that "if" it fails, the crash won't be so hard. Other times, the responses seem to be just immature parade raining.

You need to understand that many of "us old gamers" don't have MMOs to play right now. That can make us old geezers even more surly than usual (if that's possible). It's a tough pill to swallow that once we old gamers gave these new games a chance by keeping the old ones alive, now have nothing to play. Not an excuse, but hopefully some understanding ;)
    TheScavenger

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

(And now Burger King has MEATLESS burgers!)

• gbwhatsappapkgbwhatsappapk Member CommonPosts: 1
    Been here since 2005.

Use the latest version GBWhatsapp 2018
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member UncommonPosts: 454
    Still a youngin to me. I've seen era's of mmorpgs that only the myths talk about and have seen huge empires crumble. Here is to hoping the kickstarter mmos make a ressurgence to the mmo world and we start truely advancing in the genre.

MurderHerd

• Gabriel679Gabriel679 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 15
    i know there is a golden time for every game genre and certainly this time of 2019 is not the booming era of mmorpg, but for the true fan of it, it will never die. and nice to hear that you are here that long with the community!
    i am a new memember though, i did not know we have a group and could not anticipate at the first place, but it's nice to see lots of people havingthe same hibbies, and especially seeing more people who can go along with apkite for verylong time. 

yeah, me too. and i agree with your saying that it will never die in the heart of fan
  • helloyarhelloyar Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    corpclass Enjoyed reading through this, very good stuff, thankyou .