Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen's CitizenCon Starts Today with Alpha 3.3 to Launch During the Event - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Citizen's CitizenCon Starts Today with Alpha 3.3 to Launch During the Event - MMORPG.com

Star Citizen backers will finally be able to get their hands on Alpha 3.3 now that the game's annual CitizenCon event has started. 3.3 brings a number of new features to Star Citizen including facial recognition so that a player's avatar mimics facial expressions and lips; the addition of AI enemies throughout the "ever-expanding Stanton System" and in missions; Object Container Streaming to increase framerates; and, lastly "numerous new ships and weapons".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SirAgravaine

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited October 2018
    At the start of the presentation CR said the game was in alpha and then changed it and said the game was in pre-alpha. I'm thinking a longer timeline before launch is indicated. The live presentation overall was pretty good. The Kraken is available to register for if you want one. No price is given. They are saying it should be available for purchase around the 22nd of Oct.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16772-Release-The-Kraken

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Shweeet!
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Wake me up when alpha 6.0 launches
    Kyleran
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited October 2018
    The presentation was cool but there's many others until the end, on both  and 

The schedule:

Also @Octagon7711 the last presentation is "Road to Release" so if anything is to hint about that, is really that, been years since that topic has been touched in depth.

As on the presentation, Alpha 3.3 is looking really cool, at once having the first planet implemented, the first of FPS and turret AI, finally the ability to buy and rent ships with in-game currency is being implemented, the huge optimization that the 3.3 is bringing with OCS and Culling on the network... So looking for, only the optimization OCS of the update already allows many back as the RAM requirements are lowering from 16GB to 8GB, and much less intensive on resources (also using more GPU what is what you want).

KyleranErillionConstantineMerus
    Waiting for an update on SQ42 mostly.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ZhenoxZhenox Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Star Citizen is gonna come out after Half-life 3
    gastovski1[Deleted User]Kyleraninfomatz
    edited October 2018
    SQ42 bit might just happen, hmmm. But likely some superficial stuff as the main event was Hurston 3.3 update.

I'm watching it now.  Looks like stuff from before.  They just started and perhaps there will be something more current.  
    Dr_Binks

I'm watching it now.  Looks like stuff from before.  They just started and perhaps there will be something more current.  
    There were a few seconds of it! Worth it xD

Well there is a good improvement from the vertical slice last year, Mark Hamil looks so much better
    JoeBlober
    Mark Strong on SQ42 currently:

JoeBloberConstantineMerus
    The moons of Hurston:

JoeBlober
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    edited October 2018
    Alpha lol. Just stop. And the last video is an ad for another ship they are selling rofl. An "aircraft carrier" type...probably will cost you a cool $1K. Never wanted a game to fail before and I even put $60 into it when it first was being funded. #$%^ this game, hope it fails.
    [Deleted User]Kyleranceratop001SirAgravaine
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    edited October 2018
    The facial stuff was impressive.

Gene splicing for allowing players to use DNA character modification to a greater extent of deformation of the head and all that, using the same animations by default with the "head attachments" like hair and facial hair, glasses and all that, including the procedural generation of AI to populate areas, is quite the thing.

SC is quite the monster of pushing and improving technology, was really interesting to see how such a feature was on the verge of a cliff and being cut back, and pushing on new technology R&D have found a solution that allows something great.

Viper482 said:
    Never wanted a game to fail before and I even put $60 into it when it first was being funded. #$%^ this game, hope it fails.
    Especially salty today huh. Well, have fun wishing for the game to fail we'll have fun playing this major update now opening in testing, and beyond, as usual. :smile:
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    JoeBlober
    No tanks and no land sales this time but they did show a very nice player apartment. :smile:

• UberfellineUberfelline Member UncommonPosts: 6
    They will never finish the game, or if they do then once nobody will care and there will be better ones out there. Fu$k them, hope they lose all their money. "If I pay for my house to be built, and its being built 50 years long, I cant really enjoy it, or do I?"
    MaxBacon
    No tanks and no land sales this time but they did show a very nice player apartment.
    The housing thing has come a long away from those "hard spots" you had to select to spawn one item as the only way customization of stuff you own would play out, now it's full freedom.

They will never finish the game, or if they do then once nobody will care and there will be better ones out there. Fu$k them, hope they lose all their money. "If I pay for my house to be built, and its being built 50 years long, I cant really enjoy it, or do I?"
    Hey been hearing that for many years already, all the games that would release and render SC irrelevant, it never happened and we don't have the prospect of it happening either, there is no known MMO in development on the lines of what SC is. So I'll guess you'll have to settle with your own salt.
    [Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    MaxBacon said:
    No tanks and no land sales this time but they did show a very nice player apartment.
    The housing thing has come a long away from those "hard spots" you had to select to spawn one item as the only way customization of stuff you own would play out, now it's full freedom.

Hey been hearing that for many years already, all the games that would release and render SC irrelevant, it never happened and we don't have the prospect of it happening either, there is no known MMO in development on the lines of what SC is. So I'll guess you'll have to settle with your own salt.
    Can't disagree, SC is the only big money game in dev that isn't following the standard formula. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    This is probably the most well orchestrated scam currently in gaming. I feel bad for you guys falling for this obvious scam that is Star Citizen. Yah I said it...
    MaxBaconDomain33X[Deleted User]

edited October 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Can't disagree, SC is the only big money game in dev that isn't following the standard formula. 
    That MMO formula that kept being copy/pasted by the majority of MMO devs, SC gets hated sideways here, but that's not surprising even if SC is successful people here will hate it because people on this site spite the PvPvE open-world, cause the possibility of PvP clashes front on with the PvE carebears :| 

In any way what the shows through today been showcasing as the major tech undertakings to improve and deliver several things, from the visuals, to VFX, character customization, new physics, new flight model, etc...  Always trying to push it to where it can go.
    [Deleted User]
    This is probably the most well orchestrated scam currently in gaming. I feel bad for you guys falling for this obvious scam that is Star Citizen. Yah I said it...
    Well, I feel bad for you too for falling for what random people say on the internet. ;) 
    Anyway, PTU 3.3 is starting up already and seems open for all the backers who want to check before the full live release. ;)
  • Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    To bad they had drives crash during the demo,,,
  • penandpaperpenandpaper Member UncommonPosts: 174
    MaxBacon said:
    Well, I feel bad for you too for falling for what random people say on the internet. ;) 
    I think he is drawing a conclusion, and not making his opinion based on heresy. And to be perfectly honest, it is hard to blame anyone for coming to this conclusion. After all the money and timeline fiascos, it makes people wonder.
    That said, I am hoping that the game develops and the backers get everything they want and more. Sometimes, it's nice to dream - so why not dream big? :)
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    11 of 23( 24 counting mine ) comments are from Max... Hilarious.

This game will never actually release because it is in their best financial interest to keep things the way they are now. The people that want this game have already paid for it and keeping it in alpha with increased scope keeps the money coming in.