Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation - October News, Rumors, Concerns, Complaints

jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
edited October 2018 in Ashes of Creation

Key Points:

October 5 - Weekend Stress Testing
  • Started on time
  • Ran into issues
  • Server was taken down 6 Oct at 0205 EDT

Testing Resumes this Week
Tuesday or Wednesday

Alpha 1 - All Backers should have their credientials
Alpha 1 - Phase 1 "Official" start TBD (still in Stress Testing)
Alpha 1 - Phase 1 open to all registered users TBD (30 days from A1P1)

Is Ashes Late?
  • Yes it is technically late on their accelerated timeline
  • They originally said they would have A1 in Q4 2018

Why is the NDA Still in place?
  • NDA covers Stress Testing not Alpha 1

A0 NDA was taken down for Discussions
  • Visual NDA for A0 remains in place

Ashes is not a BR game Now

Ashes of Creation Alpha 1 Phase 1 has 3 testing styles
  • Battle Royale
  • Castle Sieges
  • Horde Mode
This is designed to
  • Test Action Combat
  • Test some Modes
  • Gather lots of Data (Connections, stability, etc)

Ashes is not all Action Combat Now
  • Tab Targeting Combat was functional in A0
  • Alpha 1 Phase 1 is going to be all action combat
  • Action needs a lot more testing than tab
  • Alpha 1 Phase 2 will bring back Tab Targeting
  • How they fit together will be tested then
  • You will be able to go a maximum of 75% of one
Post edited by jahlon on
GaladournKyleranMadFrenchie

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited October 2018
    As the OP isn't actually discussing anything in this thread I will put it to good use.

I see the Oct 5th date for the NDA coming down was deferred until this week, but no recent updates.  

Some folks on Reddit suggested watching the Discord news feed for Stephen's update but you know I just hate all these new fangled communication mediums, damn kidz, get off my lawn!

;)
    [Deleted User]Waan[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    OP, at least give us a transcript of the video! I come to these forums to read things WHILE watching TV. Not to watch things while watching things. 
    JamesGoblinKyleran[Deleted User]
    --------------------------------------------
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    edited October 2018
    OP, at least give us a transcript of the video! I come to these forums to read things WHILE watching TV. Not to watch things while watching things. 
    Key points added for you and I will try to give you the major key points here when I post.

Thanks for the feedback!
    SBFordKyleran[Deleted User]Wellspring
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    My worry is what happens if their battle royale mode becomes more popular than their game world. We saw what happened with H1Z1 and fortnite where other modes were put on the back burner.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    edited October 2018
    jahlon said:
    Key points added for you and I will try to give you the major key points here when I post.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Great job on adding the points.  Perhaps a little too detailed, should really be hooks with enough key info to get users interested in watching your video.

I appreciate your effort here but don't expect you to have to do so every time. 

Should be a happy medium between no commentary at all vs a blow by blow.  ;)

But thanks again for keeping us up to date, good stuff.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Good to see they are already into weekend stress testing.  One complaint I had with the CU alpha is for many years it was mostly on weekdays at times I could never attend.

The fact CU Alpha was ongoing for many years is another big complaint, but that's a story for a different thread.  ;)

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Shaigh said:
    My worry is what happens if their battle royale mode becomes more popular than their game world. We saw what happened with H1Z1 and fortnite where other modes were put on the back burner.

If the Battle Royale mode does become popular, great it helps the game become more popular, but in this situation the BR mode exists to provide data for the MMORPG, and the BR mode is being constructed from MMORPG assets.

Plus, I can tell you having played in the Alpha-0 the MMO is already working pretty well, looks good, feels solid for being an early Alpha.  

The fact that inside 16 months Intrepid has put two different products in the hands of testers, actual testers from the public and not in-house only personnel is impressive.

The only thing that they still have under NDA is visuals, we are allowed to talk about our impressions, perspectives, etc

I also fully imagine the NDA on BR coming off this week.  
    Kyleran
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    jahlon said:

Thanks for the feedback!
    Awesome. Thanks Brother!
    --------------------------------------------