Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Combat Showcase PAX 2018

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Everything is fine for now except one idea,i cannot stand any game using somersaults,screw the gymnastics crap,keep it real,NOBODY is going to constantly somersault all over the place.
    I hate somersaults so ,much,i will not play ANY game using them.It reminds me of games and players bunny hopping non stop,it becomes an eye sore and makes a game and players look silly.

Aside from that,seems like the game is suing a form of voxels/blocks?Not sure their thought process behind that fiery pile of blocks,should just be a fiery wall but not cinder blocks.
    WalkinGlenn

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Wizardry said:
    Everything is fine for now except one idea,i cannot stand any game using somersaults,screw the gymnastics crap,keep it real,NOBODY is going to constantly somersault all over the place.
    I hate somersaults so ,much,i will not play ANY game using them.It reminds me of games and players bunny hopping non stop,it becomes an eye sore and makes a game and players look silly.

Aside from that,seems like the game is suing a form of voxels/blocks?Not sure their thought process behind that fiery pile of blocks,should just be a fiery wall but not cinder blocks.
    So no Contra then? 
    WellspringGyva02
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Holy shit, they really need to tone down the GFX. Can't see WTF is happening with all those bright colors everywhere.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    Just FYI, they are showcasing what is their FIRST PASS for action-combat. They've also been working on a tab-target system, and they explained in their last stream a few days ago that ideally they are looking to implement a fluid hybrid of the two systems. 

This is nowhere close to the complete combat system for the game.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I think that video gave me a head tumor, someone call 911  
  • SeloSelo Member UncommonPosts: 108
    IM not a fan of the combat at all, and i hope its not the final product.
    It looks to much like Fortnite combat with fantasy setting.

Please, for the love of mmorpgs, just give me a proper classic mmorpg.
    DONT try to crank in FPS elements in every damn game.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited October 2018
    Selo said:
    IM not a fan of the combat at all, and i hope its not the final product.
    It looks to much like Fortnite combat with fantasy setting.

Please, for the love of mmorpgs, just give me a proper classic mmorpg.
    DONT try to crank in FPS elements in every damn game.
    TBH I'm bored to death with static classic MMO combat, standing still and pressing skills, so damn boring been there done that for YEARS.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I'm on the fence, action combat is more engaging but takes away from the importance of character progression; if it all boils down to dexterity of the player, what's the point of improving your character to become stronger? 
    Overall I'd say that if the character models and the animations are nicely made, I;d much rather have tab-target combat than action combat. But we'll see what the end result will be.