Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online Update 23: Where Dragons Dwell Sends Players to the Grey Mountains - MMORPG

2»

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I am disappointed with this update.
    Monsters are made hard to kill.
    Keys are removed, Sturdy and Black ones. Zero chance to get in-game. And I don't take trolling "arguments" like "hey, grind those LPs and spend them on keys". Same as phrase - "people don't have bread? let them eat cakes".
    No vendors for embers within "2-3 weeks". Or maybe 2-3 years.
    All trashbox content bound, even pets are bound and ashable.
    Even vendor equipment tied to content.
    Seregost now won't drop anything usable, i.e. Anfalas scrolls or crystals.
    New senseless crafting grind. Just in the name of crafting grind.

So, let us project it on Mordor. How Mordor could have looked.
    Mobs in Talath Urui are 50% harder to kill. Your dps...welll...is there still such thing?
    Lootboxes drop every second step. Feel free to get key for 500 Lps each. Got keys? How nice, each box drops 30 ash...and you do need 2500 ash for one essence. Sidenote: we, wise developers, really wish you to spend those 10 or 20 thousand dollars for keys. Since, you know, every trashbox drops 30 ash. You need...emmm...as little as 84 chests for one barterable essence, that's only ~17,000 Lotro points. How many essences do you need?
    Even if you get ash - no vendors, no reliable quest rewards. You run half-naked, monsters are more powerfull, so you are just moving target for any Orc. And your group of 20 players is perfect target to be two-shotted by those 3 Orc archers.
    Vendors would appear. Someday. 2-3 weeks. Or motnhs. Or years.
    You got ash when vendors appear? Oh good for you...just make sure you finished all instances on tier 2 challenge.

Now imagine *such* Mordor. Not one we have.
    Wellcome to nightmare.
    Whine much?  Nothing behind the paywall you really need.  If you want something then pay for it, these games take money to run.
  • FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254

Launch trailer - their best in a while.

RobsolfSetzer[Deleted User]Ozmodan
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Scorchien said:
    well i hear ya but ive seen Hunters crit Seeker for up to 150k one shotting lots of Creeps or nearly others , its terrible imbalance, Ive also seen Wardens that just run by a groups of Creeps dropping a 50K  DoT morale AOE .. its bad ..Or Guardians , the fun sponges of the Moors , a properly specced and Geared Guardian are ridiculous and the TTK is just stupid
    I think the 'Moors never was about 1v1 balance, just at the very end with top ranked creeps. Otherwise it was always tipped over to the freeps, simply because of the accessibility and numbers, rolling a creep is easy and fast, the first few ranks too, while on the freep side it takes a lot of time and gearing. At level cap raises the creeps jump to the new cap automatically, freeps have to level up.
    Not to mention what you say too, "a properly specced and Geared", that takes a lot more effort than with the creeps.

Just do the numbers game for the balance: go in groups, the hunter might one-shot 1, the other 3-4 beat him to pulp while on cooldown. Orcs are just nothing for Sauron anyways, fire-and-forget disposable maggots... :smiley: