Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Currently Playing" section in profile wrong, never wrote those ...

ValkyrieValkyrie Member UncommonPosts: 192
I am perplexed to see this information in my profile under "Currently Playing". Not only did I never play "Beyond Earth" I definitely never added this anywhere. And I can't find a way of editing this. So where is the information from and how do I adjust this?

Played: Pretty much any fantasy MMO, some did not even make it to release ...
Favorites: UO, EQ2, Vanguard, Wurm Online, Salem, ESO, Creativerse
Playing: ESO, Creativerse, Guild Wars 2
Anticipating: (sigh) ... maybe Ashes of Creation

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Mine is wrong too. I seem to be doomed to play WoW forever. I've tried everything but can't correct it. 
    Scot

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Amathe said:
    Mine is wrong too. I seem to be doomed to play WoW forever. I've tried everything but can't correct it. 
    When they flipped the site to a freeware version they lost the ability let users update a lot of the personal info.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Kyleran said:
    Amathe said:
    When they flipped the site to a freeware version they lost the ability let users update a lot of the personal info.

Along with the ability for @Nanfoodle to write all his text in lime green.  Okay, maybe it wasn't all doom and gloom, but I still liked the other editor better.

Kyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    Kyleran said:
    Amathe said:

Along with the ability for @Nanfoodle to write all his text in lime green.  Okay, maybe it wasn't all doom and gloom, but I still liked the other editor better.

The other editor was far better.  When the site first upgraded to the pay version of Vanilla I was surprised to see it had less editing functionality than almost any free forum or site I've visited in the last 10 years.

Just like the MMORPG genre, the site's software marched backwards as well.

;)

[Deleted User]Mendel

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Log into the main site and not the forum site > Profile > Games > pick and choose.
    KyleranSovrath
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Grunty said:
    Log into the main site and not the forum site > Profile > Games > pick and choose.
    Bingo, I think we have a winnah!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    Grunty said:
    People log into this site on devices other than cell phones?

Weird.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Grunty said:

Weird.
    I prefer logging into in on anything other than a cell phone! Though, if I'm on the subway or bus I can read the site which is "ok."

Rather do it on a computer.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    edited October 2018
    Not sure if this will paste properly, I stumbled on it and can't figure out how I got there in the first place.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/profile/edit

Got it, the "Account Options" cog at the top of the page is it's own URL, even though clicking it only opens the drop down and doesn't take you anywhere.  Right clicking on it and opening in a new tab will take you to the edit page.

Seems like an oversight to me.
    Kyleran
    edited October 2018
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Grunty said:

Weird.
    I prefer logging into in on anything other than a cell phone! Though, if I'm on the subway or bus I can read the site which is "ok."

Rather do it on a computer.
    I don't disagree,  but if there's a computer available I'm logging in to play games, not read forums.

If I had more than one screen it might be different. 

Dagon13 said:
    Not sure if this will paste properly, I stumbled on it and can't figure out how I got there in the first place.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/profile/edit

Got it, the "Account Options" cog at the top of the page is it's own URL, even though clicking it only opens the drop down and doesn't take you anywhere.  Right clicking on it and opening in a new tab will take you to the edit page.

Seems like an oversight to me.
    I looked for this for over an hour tonight, then came back here and found your post.  I would never have found it otherwise.

Thanks

Sovrath said:
    Grunty said:
    Turns out that wasnt correct.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited October 2018
    You guys are at least playing something. I'm stuck with "the waiting game" :(
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • hibikikidhibikikid Member CommonPosts: 14
    Hello. I am a new member. I joined the forum for about a week and I did not know how to create a new topic. Can somebody guide me? Sorry if I bother you.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I am a housewife I don't read forums on my phone...bleh! Always use a huge screen probably because of my old age and failing sight.
    Chamber of Chains
    hibikikid said:
    Hello. I am a new member. I joined the forum for about a week and I did not know how to create a new topic. Can somebody guide me? Sorry if I bother you.
    They restrict new accounts from creating threads as a form of spam protection 

Best way to rank up is do a few of these such as; upload a personal avatar, direct quote another poster like @MadFrenchie (dont worry,  he loves the attention), set some game preferences, add a signature, vote for your most anticipated game.

Oh yeah,  welcome to the forums. 

ScotMadFrenchiehibikikid

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Kyleran said:
    hibikikid said:

Best way to rank up is do a few of these such as; upload a personal avatar, direct quote another poster like @MadFrenchie (dont worry,  he loves the attention), set some game preferences, add a signature, vote for your most anticipated game.

You welcomed him to the forums...I can move on now. :)
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:
    hibikikid said:

You should all really tag me in your signatures, so I'll know whenever you guys post....  Anywhere. ;)
    Panther2103KyleranScot

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Kyleran said:
    hibikikid said:

You should all really tag me in your signatures, so I'll know whenever you guys post....  Anywhere. ;)
    That would make any forum the equivalent of those features in social media apps which are beyond irritating. Ding! Someone has posted. Ding! Someone wants to be friends. Ding! Did you know about this group? Please effing go away. :)
    ConstantineMerusKyleran
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    hibikikid said:

That would make any forum the equivalent of those features in social media apps which are beyond irritating. Ding! Someone has posted. Ding! Someone wants to be friends. Ding! Did you know about this group? Please effing go away. :)
    Oh you're gonna like me very much very soon! Wink*wink
    KyleranScot
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    edited October 2018
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    hibikikid said:

Oh you're gonna like me very much very soon! Wink*wink
    I'm wondering how I can make @scot part of my autosignature.

;)
    ConstantineMerusScot