Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Technical Beta Gameplay - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Eagerly awaiting October 11. I've had this game for two years. Combat is smartly done, the passive skill wheel works really well, and itemization seems spot on.

It's not at all like PoE, other than being an ARPG.
    ScorchienTruvidien88[Deleted User]
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited October 2018
    Torval said:
    The game is only $20. That is a very reasonable price. Despite not being finished do you feel the game state and content quantity justifies the $20?

Will this game have a cash shop? That is currently a dealbreaker with me personally, for new game adoption.
    Nothing is planned atm , they also state that if they do go to any Cash Shop it will be strictly cosmetic ..ala POE

Regarding content , well as someone who enjoys testing .. ive been there these 2 years and test each build ...

If you were to go straight thru the chp 1 that was/is avavible i think it would take 6 hours +/-

But there is so much to do in trying different weapons/builds synergies with magery and combat  .. Gear combos .. ( very interesting ways to approach each class and build) Thru what you equip in Skills/Gear and the very nice passive tree with the very cool spin on it ..

also they have a very nice Housing ..(well done)

Also i believe when the shift to beta comes next week its in 2 phases that chp 1 i mentioned wont be in i think.... Just random Dung and exploration overland .. But that still a helluva lotta fun ..
      IMO its worth every cent of 20 $

If i understand everything correctly chp 1 will be put back in of phase 2 shift to beta which is projected only a week later , they want to put in the core and get it stable .. Then put chp 1 back in , also as stated earlier in the thread a large part of the team has been hammering away at chp2 ... Im hopeful we see the first parts of or all of that in game before Xmas :)

from the Developer ..

"If there are microtransactions at some point, we're very clear on the fact that there will not be any pay-to-win :) Only cosmetics."

from the Community Manager...

"
    Hi,

no microtransactions like XP-Booster, more Inventory Space or Skill Reset Tomes. If something comes in that direction, then as cosmetic microtransactions (but even that isn't planned atm)."

Post edited by Scorchien on
    [Deleted User]
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I personally have been enjoying the game for the hours I have been able to play it. Only issue I have is my client will crash if I customize my character so I just have to roll with the default look. I'm not sure if that's on my end or it's not optimized better. My computer is old so it's most likely on my end lol. 
    I personally have been enjoying the game for the hours I have been able to play it. Only issue I have is my client will crash if I customize my character so I just have to roll with the default look. I'm not sure if that's on my end or it's not optimized better. My computer is old so it's most likely on my end lol. 
    i hadnt run into that one .. Did you report it to them ?

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462

Scorchien said:

i hadnt run into that one .. Did you report it to them ?

Several times and it still happens so I just ignore it so I can play the game lol
    Torval said:
    Scorchien said:
    Torval said:
    The game is only $20. That is a very reasonable price. Despite not being finished do you feel the game state and content quantity justifies the $20?

Will this game have a cash shop? That is currently a dealbreaker with me personally, for new game adoption.
    Nothing is planned atm , they also state that if they do go to any Cash Shop it will be strictly cosmetic ..ala POE

Regarding content , well as someone who enjoys testing .. ive been there these 2 years and test each build ...

If you were to go straight thru the chp 1 that was/is avavible i think it would take 6 hours +/-

But there is so much to do in trying different weapons/builds synergies with magery and combat  .. Gear combos .. ( very interesting ways to approach each class and build) Thru what you equip in Skills/Gear and the very nice passive tree with the very cool spin on it ..

also they have a very nice Housing ..(well done)

Also i believe when the shift to beta comes next week its in 2 phases that chp 1 i mentioned wont be in i think.... Just random Dung and exploration overland .. But that still a helluva lotta fun ..
      IMO its worth every cent of 20 $

If i understand everything correctly chp 1 will be put back in of phase 2 shift to beta which is projected only a week later , they want to put in the core and get it stable .. Then put chp 1 back in , also as stated earlier in the thread a large part of the team has been hammering away at chp2 ... Im hopeful we see the first parts of or all of that in game before Xmas :)

from the Developer ..

"If there are microtransactions at some point, we're very clear on the fact that there will not be any pay-to-win :) Only cosmetics."

from the Community Manager...

"
    Hi,

no microtransactions like XP-Booster, more Inventory Space or Skill Reset Tomes. If something comes in that direction, then as cosmetic microtransactions (but even that isn't planned atm)."

Thanks. That's very informative. I can't think of a time a developer has entertained the idea but not added a cash shop. I'll just have to wait and see. I do appreciate the explanation.
    I do want to add to this and should of included it in my last post .. For anyone interested Wolcen...

Wolcen will be making the shift from  Alpha to Beta , there will still be lots of testing and bugs , so if that is not something that anyone is interested in participating they should hold off, and wait.
    [Deleted User]
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I've been waiting on the complete beta patch for awhile... Hopefully we will start seeing the game go forward more quickly soon.