Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Technical Beta Gameplay - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

  • boris20boris20 Member UncommonPosts: 233
    I have this game but it can´t compete with POE
    Not yet, but given time to bake in the over, pump out some content, this will eventually surpass POE. POE has years of content under its belt, and is a great game, hopefully Wolcen will give us a more modern game to continue after we play POE to death. POE needs an overhaul IMO. 
    ScorchienTorval
  • k61977k61977 Member RarePosts: 1,139

    k61977 said:

    This game is catching a lot of flak now. They missed a deadline they had set for themselves. People had a right to be a little upset though because the communication from the devs hasn't been that great an they waited patiently for over 3 months for an update that didn't come on time.



    I'm getting really tired of this mentality. Game devs don't owe people regular updates, explanations for decisions or any other community engagement. Leave them alone and let them make the game. It will update when they are ready.
    Getting tired of the mentality that devs that have taken money for a game already don't owe those people updates of how things are going either. 

    They put the deadline out themselves no one forced them to do it in reality either.  Felt like they knew ahead of time they were going to miss the deadline they self imposed, all the while telling everyone right up till the last couple of days that everyone was on track, then coming back with we can't release it when we promised. 

    There is nothing wrong with missing the deadlines in reality, it happens everyday in all businesses, that isn't the issue, the issue was that right up till then the community manager was telling everyone things were on track when they were asking when he knew that wasn't the case or should have known.  So overall it was either no communication right up till the last couple of weeks or straight out miscommunication with the backers of the game.




    Torval
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,344
    edited October 2018
    k61977 said:

    k61977 said:

    This game is catching a lot of flak now. They missed a deadline they had set for themselves. People had a right to be a little upset though because the communication from the devs hasn't been that great an they waited patiently for over 3 months for an update that didn't come on time.



    I'm getting really tired of this mentality. Game devs don't owe people regular updates, explanations for decisions or any other community engagement. Leave them alone and let them make the game. It will update when they are ready.
    Getting tired of the mentality that devs that have taken money for a game already don't owe those people updates of how things are going either. 

    They put the deadline out themselves no one forced them to do it in reality either.  Felt like they knew ahead of time they were going to miss the deadline they self imposed, all the while telling everyone right up till the last couple of days that everyone was on track, then coming back with we can't release it when we promised. 

    There is nothing wrong with missing the deadlines in reality, it happens everyday in all businesses, that isn't the issue, the issue was that right up till then the community manager was telling everyone things were on track when they were asking when he knew that wasn't the case or should have known.  So overall it was either no communication right up till the last couple of weeks or straight out miscommunication with the backers of the game.




    This is just not true ...

     
    To be fair here we all knew exactly what was going on during this time , as we waited for this well documented laid out update and move from alpha to beta , and as the original agreement says to anyone that EA/Kickstarted Wolcen that they would enter Beta in 2018 , which they will make ..

      They actually said it would go abit quietin July of this year, as it was alot of work to prepare(the move from Alpha to Beta) and still during that time frame they gave us updates to progress on

     10/4
     9/21
     8/24
     and 6/29  well in formed news laying out there work in great detail
     

     And ill mention there Twitter page had updates and info nearly  weekly , so to anyone following or actually interested in progress there was plenty of info and communication.. And which community votes on what they wanted updates thru the Twitter on ..


     

    boris20
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,579
    I haven't been very pleased with their update schedule and communication either. That has kept me from buying in. It's not the worst, but they're not very good about it either.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,344
    edited October 2018
    Torval said:
    I haven't been very pleased with their update schedule and communication either. That has kept me from buying in. It's not the worst, but they're not very good about it either.
      Torval , prior to 7/18 when they announced to us there would be a quiet time that would lead to 9/18 as the transition from Alpha to beta , Which they were still in contact with the community as pointed out above ,

      They put out more updates to the EA than any game of been apart of except Star Traders ( those guys are sick)

         All the updates and news are archived thru Steam and it was easily weekly for the 2 years leading up to 7/18 , Anyone has access to these archives and check it themselves..
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 2,536
    Since Lost Ark is probably never coming west.....I might check this out eventually lol.  
    Scorchien
  • drivendawndrivendawn Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Backed this a long time a go and have tested it a bit. I'm glad to see more progress.
  • CazrielCazriel Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Eagerly awaiting October 11. I've had this game for two years. Combat is smartly done, the passive skill wheel works really well, and itemization seems spot on.

    It's not at all like PoE, other than being an ARPG.
    ScorchienTruvidien88Torval
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,579
    The game is only $20. That is a very reasonable price. Despite not being finished do you feel the game state and content quantity justifies the $20?

    Will this game have a cash shop? That is currently a dealbreaker with me personally, for new game adoption.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,344
    edited October 2018
    Torval said:
    The game is only $20. That is a very reasonable price. Despite not being finished do you feel the game state and content quantity justifies the $20?

    Will this game have a cash shop? That is currently a dealbreaker with me personally, for new game adoption.
    Nothing is planned atm , they also state that if they do go to any Cash Shop it will be strictly cosmetic ..ala POE

      Regarding content , well as someone who enjoys testing .. ive been there these 2 years and test each build ...

      If you were to go straight thru the chp 1 that was/is avavible i think it would take 6 hours +/-

       But there is so much to do in trying different weapons/builds synergies with magery and combat  .. Gear combos .. ( very interesting ways to approach each class and build) Thru what you equip in Skills/Gear and the very nice passive tree with the very cool spin on it ..

      also they have a very nice Housing ..(well done)

         Also i believe when the shift to beta comes next week its in 2 phases that chp 1 i mentioned wont be in i think.... Just random Dung and exploration overland .. But that still a helluva lotta fun ..
      IMO its worth every cent of 20 $

      If i understand everything correctly chp 1 will be put back in of phase 2 shift to beta which is projected only a week later , they want to put in the core and get it stable .. Then put chp 1 back in , also as stated earlier in the thread a large part of the team has been hammering away at chp2 ... Im hopeful we see the first parts of or all of that in game before Xmas :)
       

    from the Developer ..

    "If there are microtransactions at some point, we're very clear on the fact that there will not be any pay-to-win :) Only cosmetics."

     

    from the Community Manager...

    "
    Hi,

    no microtransactions like XP-Booster, more Inventory Space or Skill Reset Tomes. If something comes in that direction, then as cosmetic microtransactions (but even that isn't planned atm)."





    Post edited by Scorchien on
    Torval
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 424
    I personally have been enjoying the game for the hours I have been able to play it. Only issue I have is my client will crash if I customize my character so I just have to roll with the default look. I'm not sure if that's on my end or it's not optimized better. My computer is old so it's most likely on my end lol. 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,344
    I personally have been enjoying the game for the hours I have been able to play it. Only issue I have is my client will crash if I customize my character so I just have to roll with the default look. I'm not sure if that's on my end or it's not optimized better. My computer is old so it's most likely on my end lol. 
    i hadnt run into that one .. Did you report it to them ?


  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 424

    Scorchien said:



    I personally have been enjoying the game for the hours I have been able to play it. Only issue I have is my client will crash if I customize my character so I just have to roll with the default look. I'm not sure if that's on my end or it's not optimized better. My computer is old so it's most likely on my end lol. 


    i hadnt run into that one .. Did you report it to them ?





    Several times and it still happens so I just ignore it so I can play the game lol
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,579
    Scorchien said:
    Torval said:
    The game is only $20. That is a very reasonable price. Despite not being finished do you feel the game state and content quantity justifies the $20?

    Will this game have a cash shop? That is currently a dealbreaker with me personally, for new game adoption.
    Nothing is planned atm , they also state that if they do go to any Cash Shop it will be strictly cosmetic ..ala POE

      Regarding content , well as someone who enjoys testing .. ive been there these 2 years and test each build ...

      If you were to go straight thru the chp 1 that was/is avavible i think it would take 6 hours +/-

       But there is so much to do in trying different weapons/builds synergies with magery and combat  .. Gear combos .. ( very interesting ways to approach each class and build) Thru what you equip in Skills/Gear and the very nice passive tree with the very cool spin on it ..

      also they have a very nice Housing ..(well done)

         Also i believe when the shift to beta comes next week its in 2 phases that chp 1 i mentioned wont be in i think.... Just random Dung and exploration overland .. But that still a helluva lotta fun ..
      IMO its worth every cent of 20 $

      If i understand everything correctly chp 1 will be put back in of phase 2 shift to beta which is projected only a week later , they want to put in the core and get it stable .. Then put chp 1 back in , also as stated earlier in the thread a large part of the team has been hammering away at chp2 ... Im hopeful we see the first parts of or all of that in game before Xmas :)
       

    from the Developer ..

    "If there are microtransactions at some point, we're very clear on the fact that there will not be any pay-to-win :) Only cosmetics."

     

    from the Community Manager...

    "
    Hi,

    no microtransactions like XP-Booster, more Inventory Space or Skill Reset Tomes. If something comes in that direction, then as cosmetic microtransactions (but even that isn't planned atm)."





    Thanks. That's very informative. I can't think of a time a developer has entertained the idea but not added a cash shop. I'll just have to wait and see. I do appreciate the explanation.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,344
    Torval said:
    Scorchien said:
    Torval said:
    The game is only $20. That is a very reasonable price. Despite not being finished do you feel the game state and content quantity justifies the $20?

    Will this game have a cash shop? That is currently a dealbreaker with me personally, for new game adoption.
    Nothing is planned atm , they also state that if they do go to any Cash Shop it will be strictly cosmetic ..ala POE

      Regarding content , well as someone who enjoys testing .. ive been there these 2 years and test each build ...

      If you were to go straight thru the chp 1 that was/is avavible i think it would take 6 hours +/-

       But there is so much to do in trying different weapons/builds synergies with magery and combat  .. Gear combos .. ( very interesting ways to approach each class and build) Thru what you equip in Skills/Gear and the very nice passive tree with the very cool spin on it ..

      also they have a very nice Housing ..(well done)

         Also i believe when the shift to beta comes next week its in 2 phases that chp 1 i mentioned wont be in i think.... Just random Dung and exploration overland .. But that still a helluva lotta fun ..
      IMO its worth every cent of 20 $

      If i understand everything correctly chp 1 will be put back in of phase 2 shift to beta which is projected only a week later , they want to put in the core and get it stable .. Then put chp 1 back in , also as stated earlier in the thread a large part of the team has been hammering away at chp2 ... Im hopeful we see the first parts of or all of that in game before Xmas :)
       

    from the Developer ..

    "If there are microtransactions at some point, we're very clear on the fact that there will not be any pay-to-win :) Only cosmetics."

     

    from the Community Manager...

    "
    Hi,

    no microtransactions like XP-Booster, more Inventory Space or Skill Reset Tomes. If something comes in that direction, then as cosmetic microtransactions (but even that isn't planned atm)."





    Thanks. That's very informative. I can't think of a time a developer has entertained the idea but not added a cash shop. I'll just have to wait and see. I do appreciate the explanation.
    I do want to add to this and should of included it in my last post .. For anyone interested Wolcen...

     Wolcen will be making the shift from  Alpha to Beta , there will still be lots of testing and bugs , so if that is not something that anyone is interested in participating they should hold off, and wait.
    Torval
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,499
    I've been waiting on the complete beta patch for awhile... Hopefully we will start seeing the game go forward more quickly soon.

    image

  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,579
    I thought about for a few days and decided to pick it up. I can squeeze $20 out of the game even if they do ruin it later with a cash shop. Most of my other HnS games cost more than this.
    boris20
    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,579
    I've been playing a few days. When they say alpha Early Access they truly mean it.  The game is really rough and unfinished. The combat itself is fun, but horribly unbalanced. I hope the next build when beta launches will transform the experience significantly.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sign In or Register to comment.