Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here rooting for FF7 Remake

yestyyesty Member UncommonPosts: 11
According to Square Enix, they need to refurbish the game and delete all CC2 contents. Which set to possible release date in 2023 and it might be release in PS5 just like what happen on FF versus 13 or which we call now FF XV. 

Any comments?

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    It would not surprise me, its not the first time they have had to bring a game back in house and redo things, FFXIV 1.0 - FFXIV:ARR is proof that SE has the determination to do what is necessary, so while i would hope that the game is not delayed until 2023, that might just be a necessary consequence, the likelihood of it launching on the PS5 is fairly high imo, though whether or not it will also be released on the Xbox 2.0, who knows, personally i would prefer them to avoid the platform exclusivity BS and make a game for all capable platforms from Console to PC. :/
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited May 2018
    I am certainly hoping for a good one. None of that action shit though.
    Chamber of Chains
  • yestyyesty Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Phry said:
    It would not surprise me, its not the first time they have had to bring a game back in house and redo things, FFXIV 1.0 - FFXIV:ARR is proof that SE has the determination to do what is necessary, so while i would hope that the game is not delayed until 2023, that might just be a necessary consequence, the likelihood of it launching on the PS5 is fairly high imo, though whether or not it will also be released on the Xbox 2.0, who knows, personally i would prefer them to avoid the platform exclusivity BS and make a game for all capable platforms from Console to PC. :/
    The only reason I brought a PS4 is because I saw the trailer of FF7 remake :( 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    yesty said:
    Phry said:
    The only reason I brought a PS4 is because I saw the trailer of FF7 remake :( 
    Probably be a good idea to keep fingers crossed that it will be compatable with the PS4 then, though honestly it would be best if the PS5 had backwards compatability with PS4 games, i think people are less willing to put up with Consoles that don't these days, its even a feature of the Xbox these days, one which Sony would do well to learn from. :/
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    they are making a 3 part version with a new action atb combat. I say fuck them, after ffx they lost their traditional way of making jrpgs and mixed devilmaycry combat with jpop culture. The last good ff was probably ffx- wich had a bad story....but great soundtrack. The only thing this company is doing over the years is rereleasing old games on new platforms. Lets not forget the ff15 fiasco wich mmorpg.com gave a high rating thus cannot be trustet.
  • PlayKing1920PlayKing1920 Member CommonPosts: 6
    That would be cool, I'm all for a remake of this one. Certain games don't need to be remade, actually some of them should of never left the gaming floor to begin with. But here lies a true classic worthy of a remake, they have my vote.
  • wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited October 2018
    I think it speaks volumes that they were unhappy with the direction development had taken and brought it back in house for a full rework.  If it has that action-y crap, I'm out.  It won't get my money no matter how amazing it looks.  Square takes numbered Final Fantasies (even XI and XIV) very seriously, and failure is not an option.  However, I expect it will hold true to the original design with respects to combat. 

I guess they've been pretty tight lipped about specifics, but I suspect that the company Square contracted was making XV with a VII skin.  I thought they would be able to use the art assets at a minimum, and was hopeful for a 2019 release.  It sounds like they canned the whole thing and started over from scratch.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but MAN am I tired of waiting.

Speaking of waiting on Square, where the heck is Kingdom Hearts 3?  Weren't we getting that this year too?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    No.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VagabondoVagabondo Member UncommonPosts: 68
    What about a FF 7-2...
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2019
    Probably when it comes out completely, sure. But they're doing this episodic think so I'm not interested until its all done. Plus it could always go sideways like FFXV and get cancelled mid way 'developing content.' Also since every game HAS to have DLC now, who's to say that something like the Gold Saucer or even the games just get turned into DLC. End up paying 100$+ on a game that was half that 20 years ago just for a graphical upgrade. Unfortunately for me, if they did all this stuff to FFVIII I might actually be more interested.
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Vagabondo said:
    What about a FF 7-2...
    Crisis Core sort of was FF7-2 (as a prequel) or Advent Children was if you prefer a movie that was a sequel to a game that was a prequel.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • VagabondoVagabondo Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Vagabondo said:
    What about a FF 7-2...
    Crisis Core sort of was FF7-2 (as a prequel) or Advent Children was if you prefer a movie that was a sequel to a game that was a prequel.
    True that. Yet i stil think a FF7-2 would be a Blockbuster if done properly
  • MindyshawMindyshaw Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    YEs!! Can't wait to play it!