Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not So New World (Leaked Footage)

2»

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited October 2018
    Torval said:
    Just going by ARK, the point of survival maps seems to be resource and territory control. Resources and spawn points are interesting in the advantage they provide you or how they disadvantage your enemies.

Maybe they will provide interesting exploration and I would like that, but I don't expect it from what I've seen so far. I was sort of hoping for a period based Lovecraftian supernatural action RPG in a shared world. I was pretty close except for the Lovecraftian supernatural action RPG part. :smirk:
    The map around is stated as a fraction of the total one, these are the first builds of the game alpha, there's a reason why this stuff is under NDA.

As the first tests have a more limited player cap, it makes sense to have a smaller map, as the game is being developed as they state to handle up to 10k players in a map, it gets pretty obvious the planned gameworld scale is way beyond a map that handles less than 50 guilds attm.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Isn't this turd using lumberyard? Can't wait for the excuses this time around.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Not for me. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    MaxBacon said:
    Torval said:
    Just going by ARK, the point of survival maps seems to be resource and territory control. Resources and spawn points are interesting in the advantage they provide you or how they disadvantage your enemies.

Maybe they will provide interesting exploration and I would like that, but I don't expect it from what I've seen so far. I was sort of hoping for a period based Lovecraftian supernatural action RPG in a shared world. I was pretty close except for the Lovecraftian supernatural action RPG part. :smirk:
    The map around is stated as a fraction of the total one, these are the first builds of the game alpha, there's a reason why this stuff is under NDA.

As the first tests have a more limited player cap, it makes sense to have a smaller map, as the game is being developed as they state to handle up to 10k players in a map, it gets pretty obvious the planned gameworld scale is way beyond a map that handles less than 50 guilds attm.
    I think I agree with your sentiment.  But saying less than 50 guilds means nothing.  What is a guild size?

I've got the straight edge.

• Cybersig211Cybersig211 Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Lets imagine this game with rock solid combat, interesting crafting and lots of it, and a high level of polish.

Its just a survival building game...the core gameplay mechanics are spending hours clicking bushes/rocks/trees....killing boring wild life and "zombie mobs" (withered?)

Who the hell is going to watch a twitch streamer looking at a crafting UI going "hmm i need another 25 leather hides better grab my bow" and then watch them run around slowly killing mundane wildlife and skinning....this isnt something id play even if it was free.  Built one nearly indestructible fortress in 7 days to die and havent returned to the genre since it just wasnt fun or rewarding in the end.

Guild sieges might be a point of interest, but watching only.  "guidlies we need 50000 stone everyone needs to be farming stone before for the siege this week"  yeah no thanks.