Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would be the best ways for earning money?

oliverc4oliverc4 Member Posts: 199
What would be the best 5 ways for earning money        

--------Signature---------
starting a new journey may not be so hard,
or maybe it has already begun.
There are many worlds,
but they share the same sky --- one sky, one destiny.

http://mmorpg.qj.net/category/World-of-Warcraft/cid/325

Comments

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    if i knew id tell ya... im poor in the game :S like.. i got enough money to get me along but i dont actually do anything to earn it, just money from instances etc!

i havnt even got epic mount yet :(

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Originally posted by oliverc4

1. Grab either, or both, herbalism and skinning. I find that between gathering Icecap and skinning dragons, I can make a few gold per hour just in Winterspring. With a mod like 'Gatherer', you won't waste time searching for herbs.
    2. Although not as efficient as item 1 imo, Enchanting can also make you money. I've found that selling disenchanted materials more profitable than enchanting items.
    3. Dungeon crawling. At 60, you can easily run through some of the lower-end instances, like Scarlet Monastary. A one hour run should net you around 10 -15g, which doesn't include the sale of items on the AH. When AQ was released, I found that nature resist items from Mauradon sold very well.
    4. Find mobs that drop in-demand items, such as felcloth. I spend a little time each week in Azshara killing the satyrs. They drop both felcoth and decent recipes, such as the Mongoose Elixir recipe. Another mob I kill en masse are the elementals in Silithus.

Sorry, I couldn't think of a 5th. Between those 4, you can easily make 1000g in a month at a casual pace. Who knows, you may even get lucky and have an epic item drop. ^_^

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

Originally posted by IcoGames

Originally posted by oliverc4

1. Grab either, or both, herbalism and skinning. I find that between gathering Icecap and skinning dragons, I can make a few gold per hour just in Winterspring. With a mod like 'Gatherer', you won't waste time searching for herbs.
    2. Although not as efficient as item 1 imo, Enchanting can also make you money. I've found that selling disenchanted materials more profitable than enchanting items.
    3. Dungeon crawling. At 60, you can easily run through some of the lower-end instances, like Scarlet Monastary. A one hour run should net you around 10 -15g, which doesn't include the sale of items on the AH. When AQ was released, I found that nature resist items from Mauradon sold very well.
    4. Find mobs that drop in-demand items, such as felcloth. I spend a little time each week in Azshara killing the satyrs. They drop both felcoth and decent recipes, such as the Mongoose Elixir recipe. Another mob I kill en masse are the elementals in Silithus.

Sorry, I couldn't think of a 5th. Between those 4, you can easily make 1000g in a month at a casual pace. Who knows, you may even get lucky and have an epic item drop. ^_^

how is having herbalism any good :S i got 315 (tauren) wat pick herbs and sell em?
  • IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Originally posted by Aseenus
    how is having herbalism any good :S i got 315 (tauren) wat pick herbs and sell em?

At Herbalism 300, mainly Mountain Silversage and Dreamfoil are the money makers. Black Lotus is great, when it's available. Typically I sell stacks of 20 at 15-18g, with Black Lotus selling for 15-20g each.

In the lower levels, I made a bit selling Blindweed (found in the Swamp of Sorrows) and Gromsblood.

My advise is to check the AH and get a sense of what's selling currently. When AQ first hit, mats for the Nature Resist potion sold fairly well. I'm assuming that Shadow and Frost resist will be need for the Necropolis, so I'm gathering mats for Greater Shadow Resist potions.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Yeah.. Herbalism, and Enchanting.

When you grind you pick everything in sight and right now the AH is REALLY overpriced on the high end stuff. It's flipping cheaper to buy healing potions than to MAKE the stupid things and that ain't right. Price needs to drop on that stuff HARD.

Enchanting... Disenchant all the greens and blues and purples you don't need while hunting. Sell the bits.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0