Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless to Launch as a Free to Play Title on October 23rd - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBless to Launch as a Free to Play Title on October 23rd - MMORPG.com

On October 23rd, Bless Online will officially launch out of Steam Early Access and will arrive as a free to play game for everyone. Founding members who supported Bless in EA by purchasing a copy will receive a number of in-game items and perks in thanks for their support. This includes anyone who may purchase Bless ahead of the F2P launch. For instance, Collector's Edition owners will receive a lifetime premium subscription. All other edition owners will also receive subscription time.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nathanexilenathanexile Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Lmao i can't even
    Monarkhegg0jimmywolfWhiteshade92Lark3mRicardo5802Thahardjnj2000gastovski1[Deleted User]klash2defand 3 others.
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Please... stop... my... sides...
    Lark3mRicardo5802
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'd say I told you so.....but honestly I'm more sad about this than happy, mainly because of all those people this game conned. I can only hope the people that bought in felt it was worth it.
  • StraizyStraizy Member UncommonPosts: 3
    i don't want premium subscription i want a refund lol
    Cyber_wastelandLark3mgastovski1DrunkWolfDelondial
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited October 2018
    My main concern is that players who got had by Bless will now think twice about playing MMOs. It just gives the genre a bad name.
    StraizyAlbatroesKrumkoJeffSpicolijimmywolfWhiteshade92Cyber_wastelandThahardjnj2000gastovski1and 4 others.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    edited October 2018
    Looks like I can give this game another chance. Was hoping the trailer would have showcased more of the open world part of the game.. This looks like it's for future content or something that was already released?
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Scot said:
    My main concern is that players who got had by Bless will now think twice about playing MMOs. It just gives the genre a bad name.
    It doesn't give the genre a bad name. It merely perpetuates the bad reputation that MMOs have had for years. Over a decade of oversaturation by free to play Asian titles and clones will do that, regardless of whether or not that is deserved.
  • PartieplayinPartieplayin Member UncommonPosts: 93
    edited October 2018
    PAY TO WIN here we come. Do you guys honestly think there monetization is gonna stay the same.
    Lark3m
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    wow I never saw that comming lol
    Lark3m
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

PAY TO WIN here we come. Do you guys honestly think there monetization is gonna stay the same.

what make you think it was not before?
  • PartieplayinPartieplayin Member UncommonPosts: 93
    edited October 2018

what make you think it was not before?

Because you could not buy gold from the store or op armor and weapons ectra.. in the steam version. I bought the game just before steam launch and it was buy to play with no pay to win. Only convienences and xp boosts and cosmetic are in the store now. But with free to play coming I'm sure the store is gonna change. The problem with bless is that it is horribly optimized and the combat and a little boring. is pretty lame and with all the changes they did after launch I was done.
    Phry
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I might check it out now, haha.  

Won't spend a dime in the cash shop (never have)  though.
    QuicksandDragonJockey
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Cool now we can all enjoy this godawful steamy pile of poo together, the way it should have been. Free and full of cash shop crap.
    Lark3mThaharDragonJockey

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    I struggle to find another mmo that gave out more warning signs than this one, so I cannot feel sorry for those taken in.
    Lark3mPhrySolancerCryomatrixMadFrenchie
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848
    Im guessing its playerbase is now in the hundreds has something to do with this.

I really wonder if Bless Online will even still be running by the time Bless Unleashed launches.
    Lark3mTaishiFox
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Just close the game, was a fail to begin with so...
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    edited October 2018
    Once any game goes total F2p the quality and customer retention goes downhill. They already have problems, and now the deep plunge into oblivion becomes their reality.

• titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    edited October 2018
    I honestly and utterly didn't see this coming not one jot
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
    now I notice something aion update will be on the 24th, dude they are so fuc|<ed, I don't think a lot of people will go on the 23, if anything I remember well how the rush will be with people wanting to test it, and servers can't take it, then aion hit people go there and bye bye bless lol
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited October 2018
    You know stuff is bad when 1 single 70v70 PVP siege represents 20% of your concurrent player base. It was inevitable. The only question now is

"How low can you go"
    "How low can you go"
    "How low can you go"

MadFrenchie
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    It will be interesting to see just how many people show up on October 23rd.

I cant wait to see. ;)

Truvidien88Thahar
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Well all F2P launches have a mass increase of players and then in a week to a month that number will ether continue to grow or slowly peak with who likes it and go from there. It sucks they released as buy to play and now going F2P but with the numbers below 1500 peak and 500 almost 600 real players the rest of the time it was bound to happen.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Not sure what they are hoping for at this point.

I mean, I'll try it.. just for the sake of trying it.. but there's no way I'm going to stick with it or spend anything on it even if I like it.

The massive failure so far means the game's future is always going to be risky. What's the point in investing serious time or money into something so uncertain? If it was an amazing game, sure, but the overall opinion is that it's less than mediocre.
    DragonJockeyThahar
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited October 2018
    Unless there are serious improvements I don't see the game going anywhere.

Currently the customization system is 100x worse than BDO and the game feels just like Sun OF The Ultimate Nation from back in the day...

Launched the game many times no real improvement. If they want to compete with other top companies such as games from Korea they gotta start offering real content like BDO and ESO along with performance fix which likely means a complete relaunch on a new engine. Otherwise they make as much money as they can before closing the game.
    Phry