Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76: Pre-order for beta access

2»

Comments

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Well I beta tested Skyrim and .. wait no, that was a "final" product. I tested Fallout 4, wait, no, "final" product again. Anyway, I think I'm going to wait a bit and see what happens before I even consider buying it. Although Im sure Bethesda will make their first multiplayer online game run perfectly from the get go.
    Scotd_20
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    First off I love the genre, I even loved Fallout 4 (after modding the heck out of it)…...But one thing I have learnt over more than a couple of occasions, never and I mean NEVER pre-order off these guys as they don't do a lot of QA work till after a release.

Rather akin to pulling out your male private parts, slamming them repeatedly with a heavy door and being very surprised it hurt.

In fact there should be a Fallout post release discount for BETA testing, and I mean BETA testing in the old and proper sense, not some early access everyone's bug reports are ignored sort of thing.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited September 2018
    jusomdude said:
    Iselin said:
    Their spin about PvP being optional, which is bullshit, turned me right off.

There's nothing wrong with PvP games. If you want to make one in the Fallout universe, great, be up front about it and stop trying to deceive Fallout fans who don't want to PvP into pre-ordering when PvP is not optional at all.
    But PvP is optional... I mean as long as you're very careful about not running into other players... /s
    By careful you mean like I do in NMS where I pretty much instant kick anyone who joins my game? (Thanks @Torval for explaining how)

Last guy had reached the system I was in and had an avatar name like "Pirate Jerkpants" or some such.

;)

d_20

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Kyleran said:
    jusomdude said:
    Iselin said:

There's nothing wrong with PvP games. If you want to make one in the Fallout universe, great, be up front about it and stop trying to deceive Fallout fans who don't want to PvP into pre-ordering when PvP is not optional at all.
    But PvP is optional... I mean as long as you're very careful about not running into other players... /s
    By careful you mean like I do in NMS where I pretty much instant kick anyone who joins my game? (Thanks @Torval for explaining how)

Last guy had reached the system I was in and had an avatar name like "Pirate Jerkpants" or some such.

;)

That was YOUR server?!?!?

Kyleran[Deleted User]d_20[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    I want to play the Beta just cause I don't play Fallout games a lot to get used to the game, I buy all souls games and their DLC's cause I know they will be good and you don't have beta access;)
    if fallout 76 was single player i would probably only have bought it with a huge price drop later.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited October 2018
    Kyleran said:
    jusomdude said:
    Iselin said:

;)

It's good news that we can disable pvp @Torval.