Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Alpha

OnisDEOnisDE Member UncommonPosts: 47
Just got my email to the New World Alpha. Fingers crossed its good!

Comments

• cochscochs Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Ya got mine also.  Curious are you a prime member?  I am plus I live in Seattle, was wondering what if any impact that might have had.
  • VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Got it, not a prime member. I was maybe 4 years ago and get the free trial whenever they offer it to me, hehe.
  • OnisDEOnisDE Member UncommonPosts: 47
    edited October 2018
    Yep. I'm a prime member. Seems the game is not up. Only character creation. :neutral:
  • mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Break the NDA! Give me informations!!
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    This seems like a AAA life is feudal, no?  I'm slightly interested.
    JeffSpicoli

I've got the straight edge.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Got my invite too  :)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Just checked my email, I got in too! Glad I saw this thread or I would've missed it in my promos tab. 
    --------------------------------------------
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Thanks for the post! Just checked and im in!
  • Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    I got mine as well, see you in game! 
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Been looking at the info on this game, and it looks like a PVP Survival Game like Rust. Hope I am wrong about that. 
  • OnisDEOnisDE Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Just checked my email, I got in too! Glad I saw this thread or I would've missed it in my promos tab. 
    No Problem. Actually the reason why I posted. Like myself, I'm sure no one was expecting it.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    OnisDE said:
    Yep. I'm a prime member. *********. :neutral:
    I'm sure there is an NDA. You are disclosing information about the game. May want to delete that post.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    edited October 2018
    The New World subreddit states that you not allowed to say if you are in the alpha/beta/whatever.

2.7 Beta Tests. We may offer access to confidential, preview, early access, alpha, beta, kappa, or similarly designated pre-release versions of our Games (collectively, “Beta Tests”).

Please note that these versions may have limited features, may be available to play only during limited times, and may contain other limitations.

If you participate in a Beta Test that we designate as confidential, you will keep all information about that Beta Test (including the Game and Game Content and related features and functionality provided in the Beta Test) and your participation confidential, including after public announcement of the Beta Test, until we give you authorization that you may disclose this information.

Source: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201482650

So I would refrain from saying if you are in the alpha/beta. Its unlikely that they will do anything but still its said that you can not say.

edited October 2018
    The New World subreddit states that you not allowed to say if you are in the alpha/beta/whatever.

2.7 Beta Tests. We may offer access to confidential, preview, early access, alpha, beta, kappa, or similarly designated pre-release versions of our Games (collectively, “Beta Tests”).

Please note that these versions may have limited features, may be available to play only during limited times, and may contain other limitations.

If you participate in a Beta Test that we designate as confidential, you will keep all information about that Beta Test (including the Game and Game Content and related features and functionality provided in the Beta Test) and your participation confidential, including after public announcement of the Beta Test, until we give you authorization that you may disclose this information.

Source: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201482650

So I would refrain from saying if you are in the alpha/beta. Its unlikely that they will do anything but still its said that you can not say.

Please just stop...

And if you want to play Beta Police you should also understand that obviously, you get an Email invite prior to being able to accept any kind of NDA or TOS.  So saying "I got an invite" can't, by definition... break such.
    RelampagoWellspringThomas2006mikeb0817ScorchienThebeasttt

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    I'm just saying that by saying you are in the alpha/beta by there own tos they can remove you for doing so. Heck they can remove you from it for any reason tbh. Just figured it was worth pointing out that is all.
    SBFord
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I'm just saying that by saying you are in the alpha/beta by there own tos they can remove you for doing so. Heck they can remove you from it for any reason tbh. Just figured it was worth pointing out that is all.
    He's not wrong, folks. Read your NDAs.
    Kyleran

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Got mine too. Tried it. Didn't like it.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited October 2018
    Your screen has a unique ID number plastered all over the screen. Therefore no streaming or screen sharing. Other than that? No one would know based on a random forum name on a random gaming site.

All this is silly and NDAs always have been handled silly. This is not some government secrets. It is a flippin video game.
    Feelin' peckish this morning? :)

While I agree with you in general, I figure that "it's the right thing to do" when you sign your name to a document that asks you not to talk about the thing that you're doing. 

Adherence to the dictates of the NDA, even if it's just a "flippin video game", is an internal philosophy focused on honesty. If I practice this line of thinking in the little things like this, it then will carry into the bigger things in life. 
    Kyleran

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Well, I haven't signed my name agreeing to anything yet. I simply got an email with the subject "You’re in! Welcome to the New World Alpha Test". Seems fair game to be able to disclose that information.
    Kyleran
    --------------------------------------------

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Well, I haven't signed my name agreeing to anything yet. I simply got an email with the subject "You’re in! Welcome to the New World Alpha Test". Seems fair game to be able to disclose that information.
    It is fair. Just because someone like yourself got an Alpha invite does not make you responsible for adhering to an NDA that you never signed. 
    It is ridiculous to think otherwise. 
    Exactly. 
    Maybe the next Email from Amazon should say: “You have been selected to send us $10,000” and contain a link to a User Agreement that says you can’t tell anyone.

ConstantineMerus

SBFord said:
    Your screen has a unique ID number plastered all over the screen. Therefore no streaming or screen sharing. Other than that? No one would know based on a random forum name on a random gaming site.

All this is silly and NDAs always have been handled silly. This is not some government secrets. It is a flippin video game.
    Feelin' peckish this morning? :)

While I agree with you in general, I figure that "it's the right thing to do" when you sign your name to a document that asks you not to talk about the thing that you're doing. 

Adherence to the dictates of the NDA, even if it's just a "flippin video game", is an internal philosophy focused on honesty. If I practice this line of thinking in the little things like this, it then will carry into the bigger things in life. 
    You are making a straw man argument.  Likely just from not knowing because as an industry person you and the MMORPG team actually do sign NDAs to access games in development.  I won’t say whether NewWorld has one, but I’ll just say that I never signed any NDA.