Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Awakened Legacy to Arrive on October 24th - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageAion: Awakened Legacy to Arrive on October 24th - MMORPG.com

When Aion: Awakened Legacy arrives on October 24th, players will find a number of "amazing improvements to almost all major game systems and features" according to a fresh announcement on the official site. Developers are promising "Daevas old and young" a more streamlined and enjoyable experience throughout the game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Neoyoshi

Comments

• abahnurabahnur Member UncommonPosts: 63
    guess tis time to check this out again.
    NeoyoshiMikeharosej90Panther2103jarsku85
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    They're handing out a Gala pack for the new update but I guess you need to already have a level 30 character or higher on your account LOL.
    Neoyoshi
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,136
    *Stares intensely*

Looks like it's time to check Aion out once again... again!  xD
    rosej90ScotMrMelGibson

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Looks cool... but if i'm on an NCSOFT game in october it will likely be L2 old school server :)

Grinding my lil dorf hiney off

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This is the update Aion players have been waiting for. The entire game will be revamped.
    Nanbinovaloiz
  • LenoxLenox Member UncommonPosts: 100
    i am staying out of this one... i think its should be shot and left to die already :D
    NanbinoPuReDusTdoomex
  • Jrich_cpJrich_cp Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Hows the pve side of this game- not a pvp fan, but i really enjoyed it when it released until level 40 ish. I imagine it has only gotten more content.
    Nanbino
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited September 2018
    My main problems were to little inventory space and having to jump through hoops in order to get a little more and not having enough character slots if you really like playing alts.

I liked the combat, the stories in the quests, and the detail in the different zones, getting wings and developing flight was a plus even if limited to certain areas, at least you could glide a lot which was nice.
    Nanbino

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ry7737ry7737 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    this does nothing for most of us that prefer the old buy to play aion w sub attached old school players of the fenris frustration era. got mine first try but many raged about it after failing more than 10 times. we want old school aion back and idk why i got excited seeing this post thinking maybe they were bringing it back. the good old days are over.
    Nanbino
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233

ry7737 said:

this does nothing for most of us that prefer the old buy to play aion w sub attached old school players of the fenris frustration era. got mine first try but many raged about it after failing more than 10 times. we want old school aion back and idk why i got excited seeing this post thinking maybe they were bringing it back. the good old days are over.

eff fenris.

why, why you hurt us like this?

LMAO, sitting here shivering. Those were the days.
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well I might reinstall. I have a level 62 cleric if I remember right.
  • Ohura75Ohura75 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    According to EU player comments I been reading, it's apparently a mess and we should not get too excited. Which whatever, I will still play anyways. I have somehow not been able to stop since beta came out in 2009 so ya lol. oye
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    edited September 2018
    Only reason I quit was road block by op mob, no one in map to help.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    But the problem with AIon is Pay 2 Enjoy, if your gonna play Aion might as well play Black Desert?

In Aion, you have to pay every month for premium housing, compared to BDO you pay for the items once put em down don't log back in for a year it's still there in Aion this isn't true.

Cosmetics, you have to pay to edit a character every time, in BDO it's $15 a month.

I'd prefer a Pay 2 Play server, or servers like BDO where you don't have to pay for cosmetic changes and housing every month.
    Nanbinodoomex
  • ImpsyImpsy Member UncommonPosts: 53
    shitty old game is still shitty and old. move along, nothing to see here.
    Nanbino
  • Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

My main problems were to little inventory space and having to jump through hoops in order to get a little more and not having enough character slots if you really like playing alts.

I liked the combat, the stories in the quests, and the detail in the different zones, getting wings and developing flight was a plus even if limited to certain areas, at least you could glide a lot which was nice.

Dunno about the inventory but the gold pack premium gives you 11 character slots .. How many more do you need ?

Inventory can be purchased with ingame currency which is super easy to get now , its still limited to 5 cubes but its the same for everyone.
  • Old_BittenaOld_Bittena Member CommonPosts: 1
    Currently re-installing. I don' t know if 6.0(6.2 or 6.3.. what ever version it is) will breath real life back into the game or not, but do be aware there are major differences between the EU-Gameforge operation and the NCSOft NA operation. Gameforge is pretty clearly pay to win in a lot of ways..NA version very free to play but feel free to pay for a foot up or advantage. I haven't really played since v4.5..the amount of cheats,hacks, and the proliferation of Kinah farmer bots and an in game econ that was stupidly infected with a run away inflation issue that might even cause the US Federal government to blush drove me away. But it's still a drop dead gorgeous game. I made made to rank 4 general in the PvP part of the game which was amazing considering I do not run hack cheats of any kind. (it was an amazingly insane amount of work to get there too as an asmodean on an elyos dominated server)

Good RP is difficult to find that's not inane over the top or kiddie make believe sex games (sigh) but it can happen. Things should have improved as Aion as a rule is not a game for teenagers. It's very much "adult" (well,'cept for some player attitudes but perfection?.. taint gonna happen)

If your checking it out for the first time.. TAKE YOUR TIME LEVELING! The game systems are very complex in their interactions, and you'll do yourself no favors by rushing...not to mention you'll miss a lot of the game lore and story. . And while flying was once an integral part of the game (and flight combat) it's my understanding that it's been greatly de-emphasized over the last several revisions/patches. But if you do like MMO's that are not cartoon'y, or fedelitously medieval gritty go check it out for your self.

You might just like it!
  • Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Renoaku said:
    But the problem with AIon is Pay 2 Enjoy, if your gonna play Aion might as well play Black Desert?

In Aion, you have to pay every month for premium housing, compared to BDO you pay for the items once put em down don't log back in for a year it's still there in Aion this isn't true.

Cosmetics, you have to pay to edit a character every time, in BDO it's $15 a month.

I'd prefer a Pay 2 Play server, or servers like BDO where you don't have to pay for cosmetic changes and housing every month.
    some people don't like the combat style of BDO,  i've played and enjoyed both games but some of the funnest times i've had in a game were in Aion.