Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 Classic Opens Today - Here's a Peek at the Patch Notes - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageLineage 2 Classic Opens Today - Here's a Peek at the Patch Notes - MMORPG.com

The patch notes for today's launch of the official Lineage 2 Classic server have been published. The Classic version begins in the Chronicle 1.5 (Age of Splendor) era. The patch notes provide players with an snapshot of Chronicle 1.5 and of all of the game's major systems including Characters, Classes, Items, Quests, Clans, Hunting Zones, Mission System, the UI and much more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    ...and so opens the flood gates of the botters and RMT industry.
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Doesnt Spiritshot make it pay2win ?
    A player with deep pockets will hit way more then free user.
    Not to mention exp boost, some exp boost is ok but if VIP + scrolls give too much exp bonus it is kind of unfair...
  • cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 124
    achmede said:
    Doesnt Spiritshot make it pay2win ?
    A player with deep pockets will hit way more then free user.
    Not to mention exp boost, some exp boost is ok but if VIP + scrolls give too much exp bonus it is kind of unfair...
    can't expect the game to be fair when it's ncsoft lol o:)
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited October 2018
    This is far away from Lineage 2 Clasic if u ask me.
    It's basically same as Lineage 2 but with less content and not so much pay2win. ** Lineage 2 The Deception **
    DareberryKyleran
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited October 2018
    JeroKane said:

Read the patch notes. They actually have an improved bot reporting system in place. Not sure how well its going to work though.
    SBFord
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    I am excited! Lineage 2 had a great raiding system and I loved exploring. The music was mesmerizing as well.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

Aori said:

Mikeha said:

JeroKane said:

Read the patch notes. They actually have an improved bot reporting system in place. Not sure how well its going to work though.

System is fine but when no actions are taken it is pointless. The problem is the people managing the game on this side of the pond, they don't care and have never cared. It is so very apathetic.

Read the patch notes. 

The system will be automated. 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Mikeha said:
    Aori said:

Mikeha said:

JeroKane said:

System is fine but when no actions are taken it is pointless. The problem is the people managing the game on this side of the pond, they don't care and have never cared. It is so very apathetic.

Read the patch notes. 

It's really easy to tell when someone is botting, I wonder if the system will look for the right actions or how many reports or what. I mean bots will target mobs the second they spawn, that alone should be enough to tell if someone is botting. Or even how they react to someone hitting their mob. A lot of bots will stop an attack if someone targets or hits their mob. 

Hopefully they do something about the bots this time around. I do know over the years I saw the same bots in the same areas for months and months at a time in normal L2. 
    Mikeha said:
    Aori said:

Mikeha said:

JeroKane said:

Read the patch notes. 

It's really easy to tell when someone is botting, I wonder if the system will look for the right actions or how many reports or what. I mean bots will target mobs the second they spawn, that alone should be enough to tell if someone is botting. Or even how they react to someone hitting their mob. A lot of bots will stop an attack if someone targets or hits their mob. 

Hopefully they do something about the bots this time around. I do know over the years I saw the same bots in the same areas for months and months at a time in normal L2. 

I am just wondering if they will find away around the new system like being able to automatically input the captcha when asked for it. 20 minutes is too long to give them to put the captcha in. It should be 1 minute. :/
    SBFord
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:
    Aori said:

Mikeha said:

JeroKane said:

Read the patch notes. 

I am just wondering if they will find away around the new system like being able to automatically input the captcha when asked for it. 20 minutes is too long to give them to put the captcha in. It should be 1 minute. :/
    Yeah. 20 minutes means 1 check every 20 mins for someone who is botting, to come back and just input the captcha. 
    edited October 2018
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:
    Aori said:

Mikeha said:

JeroKane said:

Read the patch notes. 

Yeah. 20 minutes means 1 check every 20 mins for someone who is botting, to come back and just input the captcha. 

Exactly, I am sure they will bring this up on the official forums because it needs to be change. If a person is actively playing at keyboard they dont need 20 minutes to put in a captcha. If its a bot then its moving and killing mobs not standing still so it should be able to input the captcha as soon as its asked for it. 
  • sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    I am gonna jump in to see it a bit, but everyone gonna box anyway.. one of the main reason i hate this game.

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

sk8chalif said:
    I am gonna jump in to see it a bit, but everyone gonna box anyway.. one of the main reason i hate this game.
    If people are boxing just group with them. Back in the day I had absolutely no issues finding groups with people (even boxers) or areas to farm solo. If you are in a clan they will most likely always have a buffer on that can come buff you every X amount of time. 
    Octagon7711
  • ilawjuniorilawjunior Member UncommonPosts: 20
    if am correct they said 3 boxes are legal (accounts) in one machine.
  • edujamedujam Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Ncsoft! Pass not a cent of my wallet, not a minute of my time playing their games. For me ncsoft is like the boyfriend/girlfriend you really loved and devoted your time, Money and feelings, then suddenly it say to you sorry mate fuck off ( close CoH for me). And now tries to reach me again . No, no and simple nope.
  • mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    The website is crashed lol. Hopefully that means tons of people trying to download... I will fir sure... as soon as I can
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited October 2018
    It's not always easy to tell if it's a bot. If a player gets good at grinding and works in a set pattern to kill mobs it's pretty easy for them to be mistaken for a bot, especially if they're not paying attention to chat.

Are leveling XP requirements still high? Before it took an insane amount of XP to level and at high levels you could lose a week of grinding when you died. 

"Hard core leveling." Nevermind...

Watching that video brought back a ton of memories, those were the days.  :-)

[Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• staticmousestaticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 14
    worst launch ever!
    worst launch ever!
    I mean as of right now it's still not in that territory. I would say Diablo 3 still beats it. But 12 hours of extended downtime really sucks.
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    They had to wait for the Koreans to wake up to fix it for them.
    Radoo
    Well, now that it's up, it's nearly impossible to do anything in the starting zone. So many people farming every mob. Holy cow.
  • pixypupixypu Member CommonPosts: 3
    WTF is ""classesses"

Don't you morons know about 'Spell Check' if you're so stupid as to not know how to spell the plural of class? it's C and L with ASSES. ;)
    kratoc
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    I feel the control is absolutely horrible. I tried wow vanilla and the control is much much better. Jumping the "vanilla" band wagon doesn't always works.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    I feel the control is absolutely horrible. I tried wow vanilla and the control is much much better. Jumping the "vanilla" band wagon doesn't always works.
    Are the controls the same as "launch?" If so then what's wrong with it?

or is it the click to move that you are stuck on? B)
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • jtckline3jtckline3 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    edited October 2018
    No point playing this if you dont box and bot. 70% of the population does that. Theres build in macro for christ sake.