Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limited Time - Is This For Me?

Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
Greetings!

So I used to play WoW almost religiously back in the day when I didn't really wanna do anything else besides go to work then come home and game with online friends. I played a little bit of the last expansion but my living arrangement has changed a few years ago and work's been keeping me busy and on my three off days that I have I've been spending a lot time with my girlfriend.  So I'm curious for those who play with limited time or even less than what I have. Is it worth it? I would like to give BFA a chance but I'm not sure if it's worth a sub.  I'm mostly interested in farming old tier sets and doing PvP.

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Keep spending time with your girlfriend if that's what you enjoy. There's no benefit in risking getting addicted to WoW again. 
    --------------------------------------------
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2018
    RPG's in general are very stagnant,really tough to say any of them are FUN.

Personally the whole FUN factor was just being intrigued by mmorpg gaming for the first time.Seeing the different mechanics we never saw in fps games,the different kind of worlds fps'rs never had,Lore,housing,different types of weapons,it was a NEW experience.Since that initial shiny new experience,mmorpg's have done nothing to improve that experience nor have they added any depth to their games.

Game development across the world as of right now has become very cheap and shallow.I tend to play TCG's the most now but they are way too costly and can become aggravating as well.
    I just recently bought a single player rpg ,hoping that would give me a new found excitement.Nope very linear,shallow and way too easy,like it was made for a 7 year old.
    Bottom line,Wow does little to do anything well in a RPG,it is not fun and if you witness most players are just running dungeons and look bored doing so.Go watch streamers play and you'll see just how NOT interested they are,but simply playing because streamers make money doing so.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Keep spending time with your girlfriend if that's what you enjoy. There's no benefit in risking getting addicted to WoW again. 
    We do things together but she also knows I want a little bit of gaming time. So I'm just wondering if I should get back into WoW or perhaps look into ESO or GW2 where I don't feel like I need to sign in everyday to get my money's worth or perhaps stick with ARPG's. 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited October 2018
    Hmm , if you have not played ESO , i would recommend that , great experience..

Wow is imo less of more of the same self it once was

and Gw2 is ok ..

But ESO delivers a really nice immersive product, and particualry if like you said you are interested in farming sets and PVP .. ESO would be perfect, as it delivers both very well
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    If all you want to do in wow is chase xmog, its easy enough to do that. PvP is looking more of a gear dependency thing depending on how you want to go about it. I'd honestly say ESO has a better pvp scene pre-cap since you can do that and level up at the same time. I'd probably pick up ESO first since you can log in and out without worry about a subscription vs wow.
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    What about GW2 how is that for it's PvP?