Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzcon Schedule Reveals the Focus of the Convention & It Seems to Be Diablo - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• X-ranfeX-ranfe Member UncommonPosts: 77

Banerjee said:

Diablo 1 remake, for sure.

I won't be surprised. Everyone is making remasters now.
    [Deleted User]
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    The Netflix series will definitely be present, but IMO I think it will be used as something to promote whatever this new (or remastered) Diablo product will be. Keep the hype rolling on it.

The two hopes I have, a D2 remake in a modern engine, or a D4 announcement. If it's D4, I'm hoping it will have less of a 4 player lobby focus and more of an online hub like in POE with the option of going out in a party. 
    [Deleted User]
  • chrisapete123chrisapete123 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    They are going to Announce World of diablo. All the job posting the last 3 to 4 years has been MMORPG related. I’m excited to see what they are going to call it and hope for it to be third person view.
    groullockJeffSpicoli
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    D4, Hellgate London style. With a GAaS setup so they keep releasing classes which you can buy to keep all of it fresh for the next 5+ years, with a bigger emphasis on randomisation. A bit more indepth crafting wouldn't hurt as well.

Classes that make me smile:

Monk
    Necromancer
    Zealot
    Bard
    Chloromancer
    Engineer
    Druid
    Priest
    Shaman
    Crusader
    Rogue
    Scholar
    Warlock
    Beastmaster

That would be a nice start  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ConstantineMerussschrupp
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    lahnmir said:
    D4, Hellgate London style. With a GAaS setup so they keep releasing classes which you can buy to keep all of it fresh for the next 5+ years, with a bigger emphasis on randomisation. A bit more indepth crafting wouldn't hurt as well.

Classes that make me smile:

Monk
    Necromancer
    Zealot
    Bard
    Chloromancer
    Engineer
    Druid
    Priest
    Shaman
    Crusader
    Rogue
    Scholar
    Warlock
    Beastmaster

That would be a nice start  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Marry me! 
    lahnmir
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I hope that a potential D4 will have character creation. I get that gear covers your character model, but there are a great deal of gear pieces that do leave the character's face revealed and I would like to roleplay my own characters.

Diablo 3 was a big offender in this to me, as my taste in character design rarely matched up to my class preferences. For example, the Monk was the most fun class to me by far, while the Demon Hunter had the best aesthetic.
    JeffSpicoli
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Blizzard, you can save us from Ion, just make World of Diablo!
    JeffSpicoliGaladourn
  • RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Elder Scrolls gameplay perspective of Diablo would suit me fine, PC and Console and added bonus would be MS Play Anywhere. Time for a true single player RPG from Blizzard
    [Deleted User]
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Mobile is horrible...

Hoping for D4, D2 Remastered, Diablo Movie, World of Diablo and Diablo Royale hold the cheese.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I would like to see a class system in which each type of magic is divided into 3 armor classes with different names and playstyles.

Non-Magical
    Light - Duelist
    Medium - Rogue
    Heavy - Barbarian

Elemental
    Light - Scholar
    Medium - Spellblade
    Heavy - Crusader

Light
    Light - Priest
    Medium - Monk
    Heavy - Templar

Dark
    Light - Warlock
    Medium - Demonhunter
    Heavy - Necromancer

Nature
    Light - Shaman
    Medium - Ranger
    Heavy - Druid

Miscellanious
    Light - Bard
    Medium - Alchemist
    Heavy - Amazon
  • KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171
    edited October 2018
    what is this diablo netflix thing you speak of?
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    As long as it's not either a Mobile game, a trading card game, a battle royale game, or a line of air freshners I'm excited to hear about it!

Personally I'd love to be able to immerse myself in the Diablo world more by being down in the world instead of miles above like others have mentioned.
  • wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited October 2018
    I see all of this speculation, and I agree, big news is coming. I hope it's a Diablo MMORPG. I agree with an above poster, I'm a bit over ARPG for the time being, at least in its traditional isometric style. For me, at least, I seriously doubt it would feel any different than D3, so I probably wouldn't even buy it at launch if it's just D4.

I can't help but notice, however, that Blizzard has yet to try and cash in on the Survival genre, and I really hope that's not the plan with Diablo. I think it would make a terrible survival setting. If they ever decide to milk that cow, it needs to be a new IP, IMO. Diablo Mobile would get a quick "meh" from me, and I'd go on about my life, but I seriously doubt that Blizzcon's focal point would be Diablo if their "big news" this year was a mobile game. Well, I hope anyway . . .
    As long as it's not either a Mobile game, a trading card game, a battle royale game, or a line of air freshners I'm excited to hear about it!
    @sschrupp Come on, you know you need some Eau de Butcher hanging around your car mirror.

• DelondialDelondial Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Please not a mobile game, please not a mobile game...
    Ozmodan

Clever things.