Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will players be server locked ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
Seems to me with the building of Nodes, players will have to be server locked so they can continue building what they created.  No MEGA SERVERS.  

If so, this would be refreshing to see the same players..... I miss this from classic, as modern technology screwed up communities.  

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited September 2018
    Yes. For better and worse.   ;)

"With regards to live launch when the server's go live, you'll be selecting a server to play on; and that will be your character's home"

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Servers

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388

How are you planning on doing servers and will we see merging if a servers player base dies?

• [24:17]
    • A: Steven: First of all, obviously our our goal is to accurately and proportionately populate our servers. There's a very healthy number of players and in order to achieve that goal, obviously this Kickstarter is a great start to that, but more importantly having that relationship with the community to help build our community with Ashes of Creation, so that we have a strong player base that is large in numbers, really will mitigate the risk in having to consider server merges, but I think that if we were to come up across that issue, it would be it would be a process that's both fair to each of the server populations being considered for that merger.
    • Peter: It's something we're definitely cognizant of, it's not on the back burner. We are always thinking of that in relation to how to move forward. I think the first step [in how to move forward is that] we're mentioning servers plural, so we're not thinking a world server, that's not in the thought process there.
    • Steven: Multiple servers, we're thinking a very healthy number for the concurrency, current server usage.
    • Peter: Yeah
    <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJAXeWHrhFM>;