Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CD Projekt Red Wants to 'Change the Game Industry' with Cyberpunk 2077 - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I personally don’t enjoy their games but there is no doubt they are one of the finest developers in world today. 
    I think it is silly for people to complain about 3rd or 1st person. It is their game. This is the decision they made for their game.
    If you don’t like their choice don’t play it. 
    Really all it comes down to. 
    Not only that but with a market dominated by 3rd person, I'm actually looking forward to a good RPG/FPS that gets me out of that comfort zone.

This whole thing reminds me of the opposite "ESO has no first person" controversy in late beta. People wanted it mostly because TES single player games were all FP and you know, that must not change. Never mind the fact that in an MMO with group play and PvP the situational awareness of 3rd person makes a hell of a lot more sense.

These guys have a very good track record for quality and doing things right and I'm confident they'll do first person well. I'm excited about this game like I haven't been anout any other game for a very long time. 
    [Deleted User]immodiumWellspring
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    Xasapis said:
    elveone said:
    Well, I'm yet to see "a damn good reason why" there would not be a 3rd person support.
    I still remember how long it took Zenimax to implement 1st person perspective in ESO. Since they did, it has become the most immersive way to experience the world. Unfortunately it doesn't work as well for group or hard content, where spatial awareness is more important than immersion.

In the plus point for Cyberpunk, it is also an FPS hybrid, at least gameplay wise.

So it comes down to what's more important, immersion or spacial awareness.
    If by spatial awareness you mean making the game easier.  Then sure.   If ESO was only first person the people that play would adapt.

I've got the straight edge.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Well they better hurry up because Rockstar is about to do that in arount 28 days with RDR2.
    [Deleted User]

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Asheram said:
    Well they better hurry up because Rockstar is about to do that in arount 28 days with RDR2.
    Well, with all due respect to Rockstar, which is indeed also a very good studio, I can admire RDR2's excellence but it's theme just doesn't do that much for me.

I usually tag along with friends and family to Westerns but I'm all about Scifi and Fantasy. /shrug.
    AsheramMadFrenchie
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Iselin said:
    Asheram said:
    Well, with all due respect to Rockstar, which is indeed also a very good studio, I can admire RDR2's excellence but it's theme just doesn't do that much for me.

I usually tag along with friends and family to Westerns but I'm all about Scifi and Fantasy. /shrug.
    I love both.  ;)
    Iselin said:
    Asheram said:

You know when I was a boy I thought being a cowboy was about as American as you could get. Once I immigrated here I was disappointed that I didn’t see any cowboys. I seriously thought it was still a thing to be one. I find that time period fascinating. :) 
    Don't get me wrong, I did have a normal Western childhood. I even had a Lone Ranger outfit long ago before cosplay was even a word :) It's just something I outgrew. I'm not saying it's childish - it's certainly not any more so than fantasy or scifi lol. But somewhere along the line I just lost my interest in Westerns. Never even read any Western books or comics and I consumed scifi and fantasy by the boatload.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited September 2018
    Iselin said:
    Asheram said:

You know when I was a boy I thought being a cowboy was about as American as you could get. Once I immigrated here I was disappointed that I didn’t see any cowboys. I seriously thought it was still a thing to be one. I find that time period fascinating. :) 
    Have you watched The Salvation yet?

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Iselin said:
    Asheram said:

Oh how surprised you must have been when you got here and found that being "American" means something different to pretty much every American you ask. ;)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Iselin said:

Asheram said:

Perhaps you haven't visited the right places, like Texas. There still are real American Cowboys you know.

https://www.wideopencountry.com/11-places-us-cowboy-culture-alive-well/

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Kyleran said:

Iselin said:

Asheram said:

Perhaps you haven't visited the right places, like Texas. There still are real American Cowboys you know.

https://www.wideopencountry.com/11-places-us-cowboy-culture-alive-well/

Yeah, I was meaing to comment on that. There are still Cowboys. they've just been upgraded!

If you move to Florida or maine you aren't going to see Cowboys.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Iselin said:

Iselin said:

Asheram said:

Don't get me wrong, I did have a normal Western childhood. I even had a Lone Ranger outfit long ago before cosplay was even a word :) It's just something I outgrew. I'm not saying it's childish - it's certainly not any more so than fantasy or scifi lol. But somewhere along the line I just lost my interest in Westerns. Never even read any Western books or comics and I consumed scifi and fantasy by the boatload.

I've not had a chance to play a good western themed game so I have no idea whether I would like one, but I l am from the generation who always loves a good western, even today.

One of the few disadvantages of being a member of the PC only master race.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• X-ranfeX-ranfe Member UncommonPosts: 77
    If they want to change the industry, they have to set a new trend. A trend for good rpg games? Yes, please.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Xasapis said:

elveone said:

Well, I'm yet to see "a damn good reason why" there would not be a 3rd person support.

I still remember how long it took Zenimax to implement 1st person perspective in ESO. Since they did, it has become the most immersive way to experience the world. Unfortunately it doesn't work as well for group or hard content, where spatial awareness is more important than immersion.

In the plus point for Cyberpunk, it is also an FPS hybrid, at least gameplay wise.

I would say player preference. VR is a long way off from making me feel like I'm in the world. I'd rather not feel like I'm wearing a 1950's scuba mask while playing the game.
    [Deleted User]
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Xasapis said:

elveone said:

I would say player preference. VR is a long way off from making me feel like I'm in the world. I'd rather not feel like I'm wearing a 1950's scuba mask while playing the game.
    Better than the 3rd person giraffe neck second head perspective.

Ultimately it's a matter of preference and gameplay. Scares and surprises for example work a lot better in FPS, while are almost impossible in the classic mmorpg overview camera angle.