Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CD Projekt Red Wants to 'Change the Game Industry' with Cyberpunk 2077 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageCD Projekt Red Wants to 'Change the Game Industry' with Cyberpunk 2077 - MMORPG.com

The next issue of Edge Magazine will feature an extensive interview with the CD Projekt Red developers working on Cyberpunk 2077. The article features a number of interesting thoughts from the dev team, most notably that the company wants "to show the game industry how to do things. We want to change the game industry," according to Patrick Mills.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    Well, I'm yet to see "a damn good reason why" there would not be a 3rd person support.
    SBFordmetarealkitaradJeroKaneAeandergastovski1MaurgrimQuicksand
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    yea because beeing overconfident has never struck back before.
    metarealJeroKaneAlomargastovski1
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

elveone said:

Well, I'm yet to see "a damn good reason why" there would not be a 3rd person support.

I heard the game is also missing an option to build your own pony farm, even though in a technologically advanced society there should be means to build a pony farm.
    immodiumIselinScotJeroKaneAzaron_NightbladeWaanAeander[Deleted User]jarsku85kikoodutroa8and 8 others.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    elveone said:
    I still remember how long it took Zenimax to implement 1st person perspective in ESO. Since they did, it has become the most immersive way to experience the world. Unfortunately it doesn't work as well for group or hard content, where spatial awareness is more important than immersion.

In the plus point for Cyberpunk, it is also an FPS hybrid, at least gameplay wise.

So it comes down to what's more important, immersion or spacial awareness.
    metarealWaanTacticalZombehgastovski1
  • elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426

Xasapis said:

elveone said:

I still remember how long it took Zenimax to implement 1st person perspective in ESO. Since they did, it has become the most immersive way to experience the world. Unfortunately it doesn't work as well for group or hard content, where spatial awareness is more important than immersion.

In the plus point for Cyberpunk, it is also an FPS hybrid, at least gameplay wise.

How about the player being comfortable playing the game?
    metarealkitaradJeroKanecatofmanygastovski1Quicksand
    elveone said:

Xasapis said:

elveone said:

I'd suggest a better chair for that.
    MadFrenchieAeander[Deleted User]jarsku85Alomar13lakeTacticalZombehWalkinGlennGPHy
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    edited September 2018
    Xasapis said:
    elveone said:

Xasapis said:

elveone said:

There are people who suffer from nausea and dizziness in first person view. 

Glad you don't it is awful and sad which is why I want more games to offer the choice. Not to restrict people who cannot use first person view and therefore I do hope they offer it .

I hope there are mods for third person view then if not.
    JeroKaneAzaron_NightbladeelveoneYashaXcatofmanyQuicksand

kitarad said:
    Xasapis said:
    elveone said:

Xasapis said:

elveone said:

Glad you don't it is awful and sad which is why I want more games to offer the choice. Not to restrict people who cannot use first person view and therefore I do hope they offer it .

Was there ever a demand for 3rd person Bioshock?

In my first post I described how choices affected positively a product (ESO). I assume that similar choices will also affect positively this one as well. No way of knowing without having the actual game in our hands.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited September 2018
    Yea, it seems disingenuous to knock CDPR here if you don't have a track record of knocking first person games in general.
    GwapoJoshIselinSBFordalkarionlogEponyxDamorAlomarTacticalZombehgastovski1

edited September 2018
    Xasapis said:
    kitarad said:
    Xasapis said:
    elveone said:

Xasapis said:

elveone said:

In my first post I described how choices affected positively a product (ESO). I assume that similar choices will also affect positively this one as well. No way of knowing without having the actual game in our hands.
    https://www.google.it/search?client=opera&q=bioshock+third+person+view&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Seems to me there was a demand.

But if they only have arms then it won't work very well as you can see above the floating arms in Bioshock. Borderlands 2 can be played in third person with a mod

Quicksand

Yea, it seems disingenuous to knock CDPR here if you don't have a track record of knocking first person games in general.
    Better these legitimate concerns rather than what Eurogamer BS are peddling.

At this point I don't even understand why developers are bothering with gaming journalists. The actual game coverage past the activism nonsense is minimal.
    GwapoJoshScotAlomargastovski1Lokero
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited September 2018

Xasapis said:

kitarad said:

Xasapis said:

elveone said:

Xasapis said:

elveone said:

There is no reason why Cyberpunk can't offer the choice between 1st and 3rd person view!

This is not a PVP focused arena shooter, like Unreal Tournament, Quake Arena, Overwatch, etc.
    kitaradeugheuforcecatofmanyQuicksand
    It really depends on how prominent the 1st person shooter is.

That's the last thing I'll post regarding this dead horse. They have made a decision to stick to 1st person. Whether this ends up being the right decision will reflect on the sales.

At least they don't change the game after people have bought it, then have the audacity to complain about "entitled" gamers.
  • LililuneLililune Member UncommonPosts: 81
    We want to break the wheel that enslave us to Windows...make the game Linux only!
    Or stop saying you want to change anything.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Looking forward to seeing what they came up with!

CDPR is definitely one of the most respected dev studios out there atm, so they've already got a high standard to live up to.
    AlomarTacticalZombeh

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• WaanWaan Member UncommonPosts: 105
    kitarad said:

Out of curiosity, doesn't the FOV slider fix this?

I have played a lot of FP-games and had never experienced this nausea and dizziness before, until the latest FarCry. Adjusting the FOV fixed it for me, but I guess in some extreme cases it mightn't be enough.
    Waan said:
    kitarad said:

Out of curiosity, doesn't the FOV slider fix this?

I have played a lot of FP-games and had never experienced this nausea and dizziness before, until the latest FarCry. Adjusting the FOV fixed it for me, but I guess in some extreme cases it mightn't be enough.
    Some games that have it quite high is manageable but not for longer than 20 minutes usually.
    YashaX

JeroKane said:

Xasapis said:

kitarad said:

Xasapis said:

elveone said:

Xasapis said:

elveone said:

There is no reason why Cyberpunk can't offer the choice between 1st and 3rd person view!

This is not a PVP focused arena shooter, like Unreal Tournament, Quake Arena, Overwatch, etc.
    Where were you when Witcher launched without first person?  What about Destiny?  It already gives third person with melee, why doesn't it give me the option when using a rifle?

The outrage rings hollow.
    EponyxDamorScotAlomarConstantineMerus

• jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Nausea is reduced with field of view, so imo people are afraid that CP2077 use Call of Duty fov method where gun gets bigger and creates fish eye effect like camera goes only backward and doesn't make field of view wider.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    edited September 2018
    Head bobbing also causes nausea in FPS games for some.

Fortunately I don't suffer from it but newer games should allow you to turn it off.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited September 2018
    OK well if they want to do that, first get better voice actors and writers. The dialogue was the worst thing about the presentation.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    i think your all spoiled, thats all. in gaming i mean.
    Sovrath
  • blood_thirstblood_thirst Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I believe in Cyberpunk 2077! CD Projekt Red are very competent and trustworthy.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Making a game that appears to be interesting immersive and fun. Check.
    Ignoring the PC outrage mobs and finger wagging morality inquisition. Check
    Taking the time to make sure the game is playable. Check
    Avoiding predatory gambling tactics check.

Looks like they are well on their way to me.
    You seriously can't post without raising the spectre of the political left.  Dude, maybe you should talk to someone about your obsession.
    Iselin