Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XBox One Players Get First Crack at Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageXBox One Players Get First Crack at Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. - MMORPG.com

Bethesda has finally announced the Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. dates. XBox One players will have the first opportunity to check out the latest game in the long-running series starting on October 23rd. PC and PlayStation 4 players will get their chances beginning October 30th. B.E.T.A. is open to anyone who preorders the game ahead.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Does seem like a very short amount of time to test. Best wishes to them I guess.
  • Ricardo5802Ricardo5802 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    So much for PC Master Race, a console gets it 1st and PC gets it on the last day of October. Bethesda trolling PC (and PS4) players hard...
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited September 2018

So much for PC Master Race, a console gets it 1st and PC gets it on the last day of October. Bethesda trolling PC (and PS4) players hard...

nothing new nowadays they amke for consoles first since its easier, then make a bad port to pc only question is how many will cancel they pre order during the test? :)
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Huh, kinda interesting to see a timed exclusive for Xbox, they're usually either fully exclusive or not at all.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

nothing new nowadays they amke for consoles first since its easier, then make a bad port to pc

only question is how many will cancel they pre order during the test? :)

smart biz voids refunds once beta key is redeemed... =P
    Kyleran

This have been a good conversation

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

Utinni said:

Does seem like a very short amount of time to test. Best wishes to them I guess.

Is it? This seems pretty on point for an actual Beta test and not one of the marketing experiences that some companies use.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197

tawess said:

nothing new nowadays they amke for consoles first since its easier, then make a bad port to pc

only question is how many will cancel they pre order during the test? :)

smart biz voids refunds once beta key is redeemed... =P

You must not use amazon...
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
    It is on xbox first because of the support xbox gave them for morrowind which is still a great game. 
  • VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Anyone tell me, can i play this game entirely offline?
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
    Voidfarer said:
    Anyone tell me, can i play this game entirely offline?
    no it is online only
    VoidfarerKyleran
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Interesting enough to know their are ppl still asking that can FO76 be play off line? It seem Beth is on the Path To Greatness, so the answer to that question is NO internet = NO Fallout 76 AT all. Again it seemingly will be a feature on all future Beth games, the ALWAYS Online requirement. The next question when will Beth require you to always pay $15 a month plan start? That is the whole idea behind cloud computing. ALL future apps and games will required you to pay monthly to gain access right to login, isn't that a bright future we all will have.

There goes my hope for Starfield if that is where Beth is going, its that time again, to look for a new game developer and give them my money instead. This is one of the few ways that I can do in hope that Beth know their place without the Mods or adding DRM is crap coming from Beth. Although its pointless on my part, while the crazy lot will buy into Beth crap regardless.

My take is that Beth is taking too much Heat for the PC so they shift to console to hide I guess.
    Pesky
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Yeah, it's a marketing beta. 10/23-11/14 is too short a period of time to do much more than stress test and possibly knock out some minor bugs. More worrisome though:
    Q: IS THE B.E.T.A. THE FULL GAME? WILL MY B.E.T.A. PROGRESS CARRY OVER TO THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH?
    A: The B.E.T.A. is the full game. Our current plan is for your progress to carry over once Fallout 76 officially launches on November 14. Stay tuned for more information.

So 10/23 is the actually the soft launch... that's pretty quick and pretty much eliminates any real testing since the game is effectively live for the "testers." At least the lack of crossplay pays out here since that means the XBOX players won't be a week ahead of the PC players. I'm going to pass on this.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    thats ok ps4 players get additional rdr2 content for 30 days before xbox gets it.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Whenever Console is involved there is always some deal made with one. I guess it might be minorly effective if you haven't bought the game yet that one has more content, or starts earlier.

I'm just glad I pre-ordered ahead, in advance, before the game goes gold >_> <_<