Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are some of the greatest game trailers of all time?

LowellsandersLowellsanders Member UncommonPosts: 134
As a gamer, I've always loved cinematic game trailers. Gameplay trailers are what sells a game to me in the end.
By the way this was my all time favorite trailer so far 

So what are your favorites? What makes them so memorable for you? Do they actually give an accurate idea of what the gameplay offers?
Azaron_Nightbladekitaradfrostymug

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited September 2018

Much hype. Much disappointment xD
    SlyLoKkitaradfrostymug

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512

SWOTR
    SandmanjwAzaron_Nightbladekitaradfrostymug

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512

That trailer has no happy ending lol Remember when I saw it the first time I was in shock. 
    Azaron_NightbladeSlyLoK

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I actually like the one for WAR.  I just wish great trailers equated to great games.  Seems like more effort is put into the trailers than the mechanics sometimes.

AlBQuirky

I self identify as a monkey.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I posted the "Sylvanas" one to contrast a bit with all the full 3D CGI ones, but I love many others too...

Look at those... they should have made a TOR movie !

They really should have :c

Then again, supposedly those trailers were mad expensive per minute of footage.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    What about ESO ones. I thought those were the best of all of them. 

Cryomatrix
    SlyLoK
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Call of Duty has had some good trailers over the years. I think this one is my favorite...

--------------------------------------------
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited September 2018
    SWTOR / BLUR hands down... ESO was pretty good too.

Edit: since somebody already posted the swtor one

bcbully
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127
    Believe.

• KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Whether you ended up liking the game or not, this one was pretty great

Also:

JamesGoblin
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    A classic folks

Viper482Azaron_Nightblade
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited September 2018

The trailer that was the beginning of an MMO revolution
    Waankitarad

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• bayareamjbayareamj Member UncommonPosts: 31

-----------------------------------
    MMO player

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

I was going to post this one! Lol. Couldn't agree more!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IDK if falls under the game trailer title but the movie opener for FFXIV is by far the best and most professional looking i have ever seen and is quite long as well.
    I have been using that movie as the measuring stick for all other movies and since then i have trouble saying anything is even half as good.

12 minutes of amazing work is just crazy seeing most other movies are a minute or less.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Most of the ones I'd pick have been covered already, so I'll add the Battlefield 1 announce trailer:

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    DMKano said:

The trailer that was the beginning of an MMO revolution

UO/EQ1/AC is what started the revolution. WoW just made it accessible to masses.

Yeah, exactly.

UO/EQ1/AC and older MMOs didn't and still will never have even have the numbers of post-WoW MMOs do. WoW may have the most, but it also brought in a ton of new players and changed how MMOs are played (for better or worse depending ony our point of view).

Even ESO, GW2, FFXIV have more subscribers than most of the older MMOs peaked at. WoW didn't just help Blizzard, but many newer MMOs as well.

But that is what I meant, more than an actual "revolution" that UO/EQ/AC did that the three pretty much started the MMO stuff. I meant more a revolution because it changed a lot of MMOs post-WoW launch and brought in a TON of new MMO players.

Though I know Meridian was actually the 1st if I remember right (or was it The Realm Online?), and MUDs before that.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I know everybody is going to go with the awesome 3D/Live footage + dramatics, but when this trailer dropped the music + the footage + the title had people (including myself) going absolutely bonkers.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Being the Star Wars junkie that I am... I really wish/hope that Disney would pick up on this character and story line.  They could even use the same actor.  /shrug
    [Deleted User]frostymug

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor