Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legends of Aria - How is it coming along?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Hey guys,

Last time I played around in Legends of Aria, it was in a playable state (I think it was alpha), but there just wasn't much to do.  How are things coming along now?  Is it in beta yet?  Did it ever launch on Steam?  Or is it floundering?

Thanks!

Comments

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    It hasn't launched on Steam.  They are making critical updates before releasing on Steam (UI fixes/improvement, map, etc) from what I've read.  Which is smart since how it is initially received on Steam seems to make or break games.

They have had a lot of updates/improvements like a recent large graphics update.

And since they never planned on making it a themepark, if what you are looking for is quests for things to do there still isn't much to do.  As I understand it they are shooting for the content that was available in original UO - non-quest grindy-ish pve, lots of crafting a making houses and that kind of shit, character building, and pvp.  Standard sandbox fair, but with deeper character building from what I've seen.

I wouldn't say its floundering - but I don't think anyone expects it to be infused with players before Steam EA, which they are being very careful about.
  • ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96
    The last server stress test event was really fun. What was really cool was having 250 players onscreen, all in a dungeon room fighting bosses and not experiencing much FPS drops or lag. I never thought that would be possible for this game, but it went really smooth. After having alpha access for 3 years, I'm actually starting to get a bit hyped up for playing this. Great improvements this year.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    I'm an old player, but I hate wipes. Would there be wipes soon? When do they stop those?

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    It's not looking good honestly.  Steam will give us a better idea of population but it is (admittedly anecdotally) miniscule from what I've seen, with most reactions being pretty negative.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited September 2018
    Its not good , they still are not listening , the world is void of life , Fauna and immersion , static spawns , Boring gameplay ......IMO ..

Just play UO .. its literally 1000 x better
    Viper482
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Scorchien said:
    Its not good , they still are not listening , the world is void of life , Fauna and immersion , static spawns , Boring gameplay ......IMO ..

Hell, just look at the subreddit.  There are literal weeks between posts.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I think their focus needs to be on the player run shards.  Renaming was a mistake IMHO.  Letting people build their own “UO” was a much better pitch.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited October 2018
    OK, I'm writing this one off as DOA.  Just another small, indie MMO that never garnered much attention from anyone.  Maybe I'll pleasantly be proven wrong.  It would be the first time with these kinds of games.
    Scorchien said:

Wait, there is an MMO that doesn't have static spawns? 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited October 2018
    Scorchien said:

UO does not, mobs will spawn in a large area .. A  Ratman spawn in E Brit woods for ex , can pop up anywhere in that large area , in Destard a Dragon can spawn anywhere for , In Titan Valley  a titan can spawan anywhere in the valley .. And in all these situations they randomly roam after ... Which also adds to the Risk/Reward challenge of UO , Nothing like a roaming Ancient Dragon to make for an interesting afternoon ..

In LoA you have Static Camps at this time .. and they suck
    ManWithNoTan
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Very soon LoA is making a big announcement. Check back Thursday, I believe: https://www.legendsofaria.com/road-to-launch-september-update/
    ManWithNoTan

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

UO does not, mobs will spawn in a large area .. A  Ratman spawn in E Brit woods for ex , can pop up anywhere in that large area , in Destard a Dragon can spawn anywhere for , In Titan Valley  a titan can spawan anywhere in the valley .. And in all these situations they randomly roam after ... Which also adds to the Risk/Reward challenge of UO , Nothing like a roaming Ancient Dragon to make for an interesting afternoon ..

In LoA you have Static Camps at this time .. and they suck
    True that UO mobs spawn in a large area, I may have confused myself as UO actually has static location mob spawners, but the radius for the mob spawn points can be huge. I always liked how the mobs don't rubber band back to their spawn point as well, which made it fun to drag them large distances and into town. 
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    It's in Open Beta if you want to try it. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."