Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If You Could Play a Game Again For the First Time?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited September 2018
     Boy thats a tuff one

But i think for an MMO it would be UO again , was such a fanatstic journey from day 1 to 21 years later ..would be great to relive with a Tabula Rasa

TES : Daggerfall .. i still have the box with 500 page manual , this game just sucked up so much of my life ,, Which btw is being remastered with Unity ,playable version here..https://www.dfworkshop.net/

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited September 2018
    I have a great dirty joke as a response but im pretty sure someone will get offended and give me a lecture. Anyway to answer your question I'll go with the very Un clever and boring response of World Of Warcraft... Ahhh to relive the magic of walking through Iron Forge for the first time.....
    ConstantineMerusTokkenWaan[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited September 2018
    If I get this right, I'm a person looking for a game to play for the very first time.  That's a hard one.  Knowing how I am I would probably start several and end up playing the one I liked the most.  I was going to say SWG but that's not available now and picking that game would be based on past experience, so no for that one.  I'd probably start with something already popular like WoW.

I can't really think of a single player game as all are based on memory.  Skyrim perhaps.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I would pick Pong. That way I could be as young as possible, and I would get to play all the other ones again for the first time as they come out after that. 
    [Deleted User]iixviiiixOctagon7711rertezZoeMcCloskeyAlBQuirkyRnjypsy

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    System Shock... 'cause it actually shocked my system quite often when I played it the first time. It wasn't just one of the first horror FPS, it was an incredibly influential and groundbreaking game that deserves every hall of fame inclusion it has gotten.

immodiumConstantineMerus
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    SWG, for sure. It was my first MMO and the community was really great in the beginning. I still remember loading into Tatooine for the first time and having absolutely no clue what I was doing. Fortunately, someone helped me out and we became friends and spent a lot of time adventuring together over the years. 

Non MMO? Mass Effect series. What an emotional rollercoaster.
    [Deleted User]AmatheimmodiumConstantineMerusZoeMcCloskey
  • PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 134
    SWG:ED and the Bio Engineer

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Any game?  The Last of Us, probably.
    ConstantineMerus

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    MMORPG = LOTRO, and if I could go back and start from its original release date on up, that would be great

Other = The Legend of Zelda/NES game package, was the best Christmas ever, when I was 8.

Other #2 = Minecraft, played it from early Alpha up through lots of mods, great stuff, and prbly holds the most amount of my game time played.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Deus Ex for sure. Hitman: Bloody Money close second.
    ConstantineMerus

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Torval said:
    MMO: EQ2

Single Player: Betrayal at Krondor or Planescape: Torment or Diablo II or Starcraft. I'll stop now because that made me think of the Gold Box series.
    EQ2 is a really good choice , that was such a great time at launch thru to Fey exp .. So much fun ..

Nice single player choices also , was not much of a Starcraft but i enjoyed all the others ...

If you are/were Goldbox fan 2 games you should watching and or backing ..

Realms Beyond ..... any Goldbox will right at home with this one , pretty excited for this one ..

https://www.realms-beyond.com/

and

Archmage Rises..a world/life sim Rogue like game ( dont let the Rogue like put you off) This is an amazing game in detail and gameplay ...

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Remembered another: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

Great narrative, emotionally heavy ending.
    Iselin

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited September 2018
    Non for me now , cause those games was ruined . They aren't the ones i want to play even if i lost my mind .

Instead of lost my memory , i prefer to go back time and play them when they first release .
    Amaranthar
  • KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127
    MMo= EnB
    Non MMo= Blaster Master
    o.O

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    edited September 2018
    Legend of Mir - First ever mmo. My god how I loved it. I had to put a pillow on my 56K moden to not wakeup my parents, just to be able to play lol.

Final Fantasy 7
    Metal Gear Solid - PS1

Empire Battle for Dune

ConstantineMerus

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    edited September 2018
    Kenrich said:
    MMo= EnB
    Non MMo= Blaster Master
    watch it from the time stamp. its an answer to masterplaster lol 

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Legacy of Kain series. To this day, no other game has matched the depth of this series' story in my humble opinion. People still ask me to tell them the story. Such a pity that Square Enix have rebooted most of their popular old IPs but this. It's one of those IPs that I might actually buy one day. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Legacy of Kain series. To this day, no other game has matched the depth of this series' story in my humble opinion. People still ask me to tell them the story. Such a pity that Square Enix have rebooted most of their popular old IPs but this. It's one of those IPs that I might actually buy one day. 
    Fun series and many thought since the Tomb Raider trilogy had finished that Crystal D would begin work on a reboot of the franchise. That was until they landed the Avengers franchise. 
    Now? Who knows =/
    The reboot was confirmed a few years ago then cancelled. It also had a movie deal with Columbia pictures which also got cancelled. As I said, I am this IP's sole hope. ;)
    [Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    MMO Everquest

Single Player Fallout 2
    Chamber of Chains
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    MMO: Lineage 2 but at my current age instead of when I was 13. I would love to re experience all of the grind and community that it had back in the day. Just to be in another hayday of vanilla L2 again it would be fun (hopefully classic can bring this!)

Non MMO: 

Probably The Neverhood. It's my favorite point and click game, I really like the atmosphere and the claymation, and the puzzles were fun. The humor doesn't hold up really, but that's fine. 
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Other = Final Fantasy 3/6

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    The Guardian Legend for NES. Just a random game i got for Christmas one year and had no interest in playing it. One day i got bored and slapped it in. Loved it! Total sleeper hit.
  • KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171
    It would be Asherons Call. I still remember the first time logging in I had mad a War Mage spec war mana coversion. trained life. I was in awe of the game (first online multiplayer game). Was running towards holtzberg got killed by 2 drudges. A level 6 ran by stop and said to me "Ah a new war mage, you will die a lot." I was like OMG
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited September 2018
    Divinity: Original Sin 2, Baldurs Gate 2, Warcraft 3 complete story campaign, Everquest, Dungeon Defenders, might and magic 2-6 (not heroes). And a bunch of real old Amiga games I guess.