Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transition Begins to Move From 'H1Z1' to 'Z1 Battle Royale'

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageTransition Begins to Move From 'H1Z1' to 'Z1 Battle Royale'

The latest H1Z1 patch notes have been posted that inform the community that "the newly re-formed dev team" is hard at work at what "will soon be known as Z1 Battle Royale" on PC in the future and that it will be working with the community to "prioritize features and changes" that will hopefully "return the game to its roots as the world's most competitive BR game".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    If you like the battle Royale format then this is a good time to be alive. I'm not a fan of it, but for those of you that are I am sure you are enjoying the variety of titles to choose.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I just don’t get why they think another rebranding will help...
    SBFordSeelinnikoiEl-HefezigalucardArskaaanecrolockSabracThaharTacticalZombeh

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    edited September 2018
    I wish battle royale was never invented. Reason being, it takes game dev focus off better genres... It's become the next WoW pie chase.
    cheyaneKyleranSeelinnikoi[Deleted User]ThaharSamhael
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    jusomdude said:
    I wish battle royale was never invented. Reason being, it takes game dev focus off better genres... It's become the next WoW pie chase.
    Me too double that sentiment.
    Seelinnikoi
    Chamber of Chains
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited September 2018
    Though I don't like the BR genre I am glad to see it take off. It has been fun for millions and employed thousand of people ;)
    Yeah, sort of like the prescription pain killer industry, right?

:o

BRs have been linked to gambling,  higher divorce rates, death threats, swatting,  gaming addiction, and both adults and children spending copious amounts of money on utterly cosmetic items in a video game.

Lets not even get started on the fact millions of people actually spend precious free time watching other people play BR games rather than doing almost anything else more productive...like watching paint dry.

Yeah, really good for gaming.....not.

;)
    SBFord[Deleted User]cantplaywontplay

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Though I don't like the BR genre I am glad to see it take off. It has been fun for millions and employed thousand of people ;)
    Or cancer cure research, oups, I mean treatments. Treatments Profitable Cures Ain't!

BR is no problem, the problem are the gamers that all go to the same trendy thing all at once and unbalance the whole industry to develop a huge amount of BR games and even change genres to BR, then the genre gets so tired until gamers popularize the next trendy thing.

It's all standard business, such as fashion trends gaming is being hit by the same, and companies just follow them. So I #BlameTheGamers
    SBFordKyleranSabrac

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited September 2018
    It's a disturbing trend.  No one seems to want to do it the right way, like FFXIV did, either.  Just update a relatively small piece of the game and hype it like it's worth another look from consumers who already tried it and found it lacking.

Without games like Fortnite we would not get what Epic is working on behind closed doors ;)
    Pretty sure it won't be anything "epic" which I'll want to play.

;)
    cheyane[Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    its not stypid to sell, its just stypid to buy.
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Kyleran said:

BRs have been linked to gambling,  higher divorce rates, death threats, swatting,  gaming addiction, and both adults and children spending copious amounts of money on utterly cosmetic items in a video game.

Lets not even get started on the fact millions of people actually spend precious free time watching other people play BR games rather than doing almost anything else more productive...like watching paint dry.
    I'm not a big fan of BR genre but i don't think that's a fair comparison tbh, all the things you mentioned can be attributed to other genres and even other activities too.

And what does it matter in what other people decides to spend their free time into to?, is their decisions, i don't like to watch streams (Unless they have news on a game i'm interested) but does that mean i should descredit and/or dissaprove others watching streams?. No, it's all personal preference.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    This is the only BR game that looks halfway interesting =p

In all seriousness, looks decent.
  • cantplaywontplaycantplaywontplay Member CommonPosts: 1

Kyleran said:

;)

You are incredibly new to gaming if you think any of those things started with BRs.
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    They seem to have forgotten where their roots were planted....
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    The press release strongly suggests that H1Z1 (as was) has lost its shine, isn't doing that well.

Deja vue perhaps? Fortnite doing to H1Z1 what WoW did to EQ1.  

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Without games like Fortnite we would not get what Epic is working on behind closed doors ;)

If it's yet another craptastic MOBA, BR, or survival sandbox... I'm totally ok with never seeing it.
    edited September 2018

Kyleran said:

;)

You are incredibly new to gaming if you think any of those things started with BRs.
    While you are incredibly new to these forums and don't understand my posting style.

Very likely I've been playing games longer than you are old.

But welcome and keep coming back.

;)
    ragebullet

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• BossChonoBossChono Member UncommonPosts: 23

I imagine it's just like my job in the bridge building industry.  Bring in the demolition crew, gotta knock down the H and 1, do the repairs needed, clean up, and get the road back open before Monday rush hour!  "We don't have enough time or help for all of that."  Then half ass it!  (I joke... a little bit)

NWO Typhoon for life!