Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So much for "Cannot be done"

RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/300/screenshot01227rz.jpg

=P

Anyone believe me now, that the game is exactly the same engine underneath, just the UI skin was changed? And how much more can be done without even modifying the client, just by standard built-in extension mechanism.

Comments

• kairaenekairaene Member Posts: 256
    I have one UI mod but is this a new one?

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    Yes. Only 2 HAM bars and old-style buttons.

The one that was currently used, is the rip from CU UI, with no modifications.

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

The REAL interesting thing is the toolbar.... look at it closely...

F-Keys

That means the old Tool Bar Coding is still there, and they're lieing, which we all knew anyways from Rogue_5's comment about the toolbar being completely newly coded, yet it took someone a week to mod the UI to have it have all of the old features as the old one, minus the second row (Including resizable Radar, something they say would take months to code).

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    Rekrul is this an actual file to replace the current one? Or is it as simple as some .ini mods?

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

Originally posted by Spathotan
    Rekrul is this an actual file to replace the current one? Or is it as simple as some .ini mods?

Don't know, you should ask the guy where he got it (or made it). I suppose it's same as CU UI, where you just add a few files to SWG installation directory.
  • SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Originally posted by Rekrul

Originally posted by Spathotan

Don't know, you should ask the guy where he got it (or made it). I suppose it's same as CU UI, where you just add a few files to SWG installation directory.

Ahh ok sorry, I thought you knew the guy personally from ingame or something thats why I asked.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by MX13

F-Keys
    That means the old Tool Bar Coding is still there, and they're lieing, which we all knew anyways from Rogue_5's comment about the toolbar being completely newly coded, yet it took someone a week to mod the UI to have it have all of the old features as the old one, minus the second row (Including resizable Radar, something they say would take months to code).

If you map the keys to the F-keys then it'll list them below the toolbar slots.  Same if you changed them to any other keys.  That isn't part of the UI mod :)

• ClackamasClackamas Member Posts: 776
    The current UI stinks.  Period.  They can rollback if they want to.  

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by Obraik

F-Keys

If you map the keys to the F-keys then it'll list them below the toolbar slots.  Same if you changed them to any other keys.  That isn't part of the UI mod :)

I've remapped my keys, and it doesn't do that.

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Obraik

F-Keys

I've remapped my keys, and it doesn't do that.

You need to re-load for the toolbar to change.  Shuttling should do it

• kairaenekairaene Member Posts: 256
    Well, I pm'd the guy so I hope he responds so I can get a copy of that to check it out.  

• xPaladinxPaladin Member UncommonPosts: 741
    That's a clever hack!

I think it's been said on this boards before that additional content is just loaded in and referenced whilst old content (including core segments of the original game) sits idle. Almost all MMORPGs, I'm certain, function this way. It's definitely not efficient, but it allows for legacy within live code without many problems (for example, it allows players to see the much vaunted "Corpse of Icir" which resides at the Talus Imperial Outpost on Bloodfin to this day, and is worshipped regularly, also to this day, by old school vets).

A rollback really is as simple as just recoding a few exe files and setting up a server with compatability (codebase and database) for the old game.

Something to watch out for is whether or not $OE declares this anti-EULA. They just might, especially if someone figures out how to make a simple aiming script. A couple of summary bans over this would cause yet another flamefest, and I'm fairly sure it will happen.

-- xpaladin

[MMOz]
    AC1/2, AO, DAoC, EQ1/2, SoR, SWG, UO, WAR, WoW

Originally posted by xPaladin

Something to watch out for is whether or not $OE declares this anti-EULA. They just might, especially if someone figures out how to make a simple aiming script. A couple of summary bans over this would cause yet another flamefest, and I'm fairly sure it will happen.

I used aiming macro. Not sure if it still works (probably does). I believe that thread got nuked, so I won't post it again. Seems to be against the forum rules.

There's also an aimbot that works on packet level, but I'm not sure if it still works since the protocol update.

Best thing is, both are completely untracable by the server, since they don't violate anything, or do anything unusual.

While the UI mod is not against EULA (they are legal customization mechanism, built into the client, they work the same way patching does), they declared modifying your UI a bannable offense. Go figure.