Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hype and Curiosity

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited September 2018 in Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
Two big ones. 

Hype= pre-release, Usually based off what developers tell us, often temporary.  Temporary being the new normal. 

Curiosity, this is the one no one ever really talks about. This could draw more people.  The old normal.
BUT THE GAME BETTER BE GOOD.  

Here is something you never see anymore... "People talking about the actual gameplay" 
- The fun they had last night. 
- Being the servers main crafter...I'll make you anything. 
- The big monster we took down yesterday, what a battle we had. 
- Our Guild is great. 
- We had a fun group, we played for hours, everyone stayed ! 
- Hay, my Rogue can solo, I made it across three zones without being detected ! 
- Hay, I found that gray Orc among the green ones drops an Orange Axe now and then.  
- That Claric on our server, I think his name is Delete5230 ?....He's annoying.

My point ? 
By now it should be self explanatory.  But others see this and want in on the action. 

A well built game could easily attract everyone that is saying 
" I will never ever play this game" 

Remember the saying:  
Money talks, bullshit walks  
Well I'm saying good gameplay talks  

More reasons Pantheon will be popular.
BUT IT BETTER BE GOOD.
Post edited by delete5230 on
ceratop001

Comments

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    they will never give you great games only games that are just good enough to buy so you get bored after a few months and then buy the next game;)
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Raquis said:
    they will never give you great games only games that are just good enough to buy so you get bored after a few months and then buy the next game;)
    And this has to change..... because what you say, is what we had been given for over 8 years !
  • Kiori001Kiori001 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Raquis said:
    I really enjoyed Vanguard and played it for some time.  The crappy code and because of it the sub standard start to the game hurt it a lot.  But the game play was all that I wanted.

In the end the crappy code did it in as the game lost to many players and shut down eventually.  

Just my opinion,  I know others feel differently about the game.  Which I have no issue with.
    ceratop001
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2018
    Anything and everything is selling,THAT is how bad the game genre really is.People are soooo bored they can't wait until anything comes out and immediately buy it.

I have seen some games that are so bad,you couldn't pay me to play them,yet they are instantly popular before the game even comes out.
    So just today,a truck full of kids,they are drooling over the new Assassins creed.I am like,you know you guys are looking at a marketing video and not the actual game,they don't care,using the new kids lingo ..it's looks SAVAGE ,or sick or killer.Yeah never seen a game with swords before ...lol.

Point...Pantheon is gathering some steam based on the fact nothing new and nothing good,so anything that gives some hope becomes instantly popular.
    I still look at the food on the table now,if any game coming out is not better food,i am not buying it,i already have better.

Kiori001ceratop001

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    It's hard to do with scripted battles man... Move in, move out, spread out, smush together, don't stand in red...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    We all have different tastes. Hard to categorize everyone in regards to a game. I think if a game has a good population, and has the mechanics you like, then you have a good game to get into.
    Kiori001