Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Sale/Event (Searing Plague) is now live:

123457»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Tiamat64 said:
    Woo.  No plague bio for the players.  I imagine that the developers (should they happen to exist) of CoE are celebrating as they quietly shuffle the actual results of the event under the rug.
    Hey now, they have a full compliment of people role playing as game developers....or so I've been told.

AnOldFartanemo

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    The 6 weeks sale/event just ended... so what do they do?

LAUNCH ANOTHER LORE/SALE!!!
    https://chroniclesofelyria.com/news/28747/The-Festival-of-Passage
    Everything they do seems to be tied to the store...
    AnOldFart

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Ignoring the fact that it's being sold in a P2W cash shop...

Mounted combat on a dog sled is a cool (pun intended) idea. Dog sled jousting anyone?

However, feature creep due to the cash shop may turn into a big issue. After all, the dog sled package was only added to the promotion yesterday after "numerous requests". How much extra time is it going to take to add a unique mount like this to the game? I guess if they sell enough of them, then it'll pay for itself, idk though.
    --------------------------------------------
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I wonder how much of their effort is going to sales events and how much is actually going towards game development.  Sale after sale after sale -- that's beginning to be the public perception of this project.  After this many sales events, I think asking for actual game news is a very fair question.  At least, it would be something different to discuss.

When was the last time some game-related information filtered through to this board?  I'm thinking the last was the 'crafting will be different' thread.

Where have all the CoE advocates gone?  Were they recalled en masse, or have they gone elsewhere on their own initiative?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Mendel said:

Where have all the CoE advocates gone?  Were they recalled en masse, or have they gone elsewhere on their own initiative?

We are well known as haters on their site.
    They stopped bothering with the likes of us.
    mystichaze
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    Mendel said:

They came at the same time.  They left at the same time.  Surely a complete coincidence!
    Mendelcraftseeker

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    They should do a doomsday event where not successfully completing the task results in Caspien taking all the cash and moving to a country without extradition.

He'll be the one running it and setting the goals, of course.  Subject to change.
    DakeruOrangeBoycraftseeker

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Dakeru said:
    Mendel said:

They came at the same time.  They left at the same time.  Surely a complete coincidence!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Dakeru said:
    Mendel said:

There seem to be a lot of people who aren't willing to ask the fundamental question "What's in this Kool-Aid?"  That worked out well for people in Jonestown.

The thing that bothers me most is that a lot of people are willing to let Soulbound Studios build up their hopes over a sketchy product with a minimal chance of reaching the market, while at the same time taking their money.  It's a recipe for people getting hurt.

Asking questions is a very good thing.  Avoiding people who ask questions isn't.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Mendel said:

Asking questions is a very good thing.  Avoiding people who ask questions isn't.

I always liked Slap's critical approach and to me it doesn't even seem all that long ago that he was asking those questions regarding Pathfinder Online.

But it appears there are people who don't want to learn from the mistakes of the past and anyone asking critical questions is a hater who is too narrow minded to share the great vision.
    Mendel
    Harbinger of Fools
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Nothing new for Inbred Studios and their sincere pledge to develop the fail-bound engine.
    craftseeker
    There has been no announcement of additional funding from outside investors yet which will become problematic at some point.

They need these sales to keep their burn rate from consuming them.

I'll be surprised if they can last another year or so unless something turns around soon.

They need to show real progress, preferably on something amazing and soon.
    Mendel

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited September 2018
    Kyleran said:
    There has been no announcement of additional funding from outside investors yet which will become problematic at some point.

They need these sales to keep their burn rate from consuming them.

I'll be surprised if they can last another year or so unless something turns around soon.

They need to show real progress, preferably on something amazing and soon.
    Maybe... just MAYBE they are finding out that they didn't really replace SpatialOS in just a few weeks/months.  

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Isn't this all the same pattern we saw with EQN?
    KyleranWellspring
    Isn't this all the same pattern we saw with EQN?
    Exactly,  they were going to accomplish miracles using some new "Story Bricks" technology then said,  wait, no that won't work but no worries, we'll do the same thing ourselves.....

craftseekerGeezerGamer

• NeutralEvilNeutralEvil Member UncommonPosts: 108
    edited September 2018

Not a whole lot going on substance-wise here in the last month.

Nothing of note to really comment on or discuss recently imho

I'm just waiting for the map voting and alpha 1 things to start so that there's something to actually discuss/debate