Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76: Pre-order for beta access

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
edited September 2018 in General Gaming
I'm assuming anyone with a Bethesda account got this email soliciting your pre-purchase of Fallout 76 to get access to the beta. 

How will this influence your decision to buy, if at all? Are you going to pre-purchase to get access to the beta? What do you think of this practice by Bethesda?

Post edited by d_20 on

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited September 2018
    i don't preorder. What benefit do i get by not preordering? discounted games later on. This is not a game i would pay full price for.

Fallout 5 will be a different story. But an online survival game, no matter the skin, isn't worth full price to me.
    KyleranStjerneodd

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Beta access just a few weeks before launch, Ill pass
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Won't influence me, likely I'll wait until sometime next year to even try it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    I already pre-purchased and received a refund after I got more information concerning the PvP in Fallout 76.  As much as I like Fallout I may have to pass on this game.  I'll watch others play it on Twitch or some game-play videos on YouTube for awhile before deciding to pick up this game when and if the PvP turns out to be avoidable.
    F2Plague[Deleted User]Stjerneodd

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    My main goal was the T-51 helmet... But alas I was not awake for those 11 minutes they were available.
    In my experience, it usually takes Bethesda 6 months to work out most of the bugs they will work out after release. It may be a positive for them to squash bugs in an open test before release. Typically bugs are squashed sooner if the game is not on the market yet.
    Kyleran
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    It just looks like a medicore survival game pretending not to be the next grief fest
  • RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    I didn't get the email?

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    The only game I might pre-order is Cyberpunk 2077. Probably not even that, depending on how much engrossed I am into playing my current favorite mmorpg.

With so many Battle Royal offerings these days, Fallout 76 might just be dead on arrival.
    JeffSpicoli
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Regnor said:
    I didn't get the email?
    Maybe it's related to whether you have the Bethesda.net launcher. 

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    Sounds like they want people to pay them to advertise for them.

I've got the straight edge.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I am 100% positively going to pre-order or buy the early access of Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord.
    [Deleted User]Xarko
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Won't pre-order, not sure what I will be getting from them yet.  Need more game news / info / visuals.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I'll be waiting for a free trial, unless the reviews are absolutely amazing across the board then I'll probably have to cure the itch.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    the original devs of fallout was making a full mmo long before bethesda
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    i don't preorder. What benefit do i get by not preordering? discounted games later on. This is not a game i would pay full price for.

Fallout 5 will be a different story. But an online survival game, no matter the skin, isn't worth full price to me.
    Understand your statement, but pre-ordering at places like BestBuy with GCU gives 20% off plus a $10 certificate.  So It's somewhat equivalent of around 37% off the list price.  Which is pretty much what you will find it on sale for next year.

If I look at it as paying $38... I think I will probably buy it.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Their spin about PvP being optional, which is bullshit, turned me right off.

There's nothing wrong with PvP games. If you want to make one in the Fallout universe, great, be up front about it and stop trying to deceive Fallout fans who don't want to PvP into pre-ordering when PvP is not optional at all.
    [Deleted User]d_20StjerneoddlaseritjusomdudeAsm0deus
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    KingNaid said:
    the original devs of fallout was making a full mmo long before bethesda
    Yeah,  but they never accomplish much of anything so Bethesda sued Interplay into submission, completing the final settlement in 2012.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/09/bethesda-settles-lawsuit-over-fallout-license.aspx
    d_20

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LowellsandersLowellsanders Member UncommonPosts: 134
    How many of you guys ordered?
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Im a big fall-out fan and love pretty much everything Bethesda puts out but for some reason i have no desire to play this. I know as we get closer to launch I'll get caught up in the hype and buy it but right now i just feel very....meh 
    KyleranConstantineMerusd_20
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    d_20 said:
    I'm assuming anyone with a Bethesda account got this email soliciting your pre-purchase of Fallout 76 to get access to the beta. 

How will this influence your decision to buy, if at all? Are you going to pre-purchase to get access to the beta? What do you think of this practice by Bethesda?
    Wasn't really interested so doesn't affect my decision "not to buy."
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    thunderC said:
    Im a big fall-out fan and love pretty much everything Bethesda puts out but for some reason i have no desire to play this. I know as we get closer to launch I'll get caught up in the hype and buy it but right now i just feel very....meh 
    Yeah I'll probably pre-order one night before release just for the hell of it.
    KyleranJeffSpicolid_20
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    thunderC said:
    At least we'll have some beta impressions by then.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I don't do the pay to play beta
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Iselin said:
    Their spin about PvP being optional, which is bullshit, turned me right off.

There's nothing wrong with PvP games. If you want to make one in the Fallout universe, great, be up front about it and stop trying to deceive Fallout fans who don't want to PvP into pre-ordering when PvP is not optional at all.
    But PvP is optional... I mean as long as you're very careful about not running into other players... /s
    KyleranIselin
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

lol.

so, you don't preorder coop games? only single player?
    yep, makes sense :)

*facepalm*

i'll pre order to get into beta, as simple, and for those saying you get nothing, well i guess YOU don't ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"