As title says...top 5 most iconic things that were in classic WoW that is no longer part of the game
For me...in no particular order
1. Class Quests (warlock, shamans, paladins...all 3 were ones I played and had epic class quests associated with them. Not sure about other classes since those three were only ones I played)
2. Leveling up skills (you'd actually level up sword skill the more you used sword. You could level up unarmed before monk was even a thing. Switch weapon types? Time to switch to weaker mobs to train to get better with that weapon type)
3. Hunters needed to feed their pet, had actual ammo and often had a separate ammo container and felt far more like an actual hunter needing to maintain their supplies.
4. Well this is obvious one. But talent trees that were truly massive. Sure some say there was an optimal path to follow...but...thats still true today but with even less choice. Its true for any game that there will always be an optimal path to follow. But classic WoW truly had choices and I often had tons more fun with "bad" talents than the ones people "expected" you to have
5. Class trainers had more purpose. You had to learn all your spells and abilities from trainers. often times,e specially at low levels...you'd need to either go every 1-2 levels to a trainer or just save up levels and buy everything at once
And I gotta add a 6th...so I broke my own top 5 rule :P But its a bonus one since it isn't too big of a thing and its not really iconic either.
6. Money was the hardest thing to make ever. Today gold is dead easy to make...make millions. But this goes back to #5
...often times I had no money to actually BUY spells/abilities lol. And had no money to buy armor or anything else, even the junk ones off merchants lol. Even when I got to the level I could use a mount (which was higher level requirement than now), 99% of the time was too poor for it
My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: