Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantca Online is doing great, it's a good time to start playing or return

SmashixSmashix Member UncommonPosts: 91
It's taken a while (probably an understatement), but VALOFE has gotten its act together and moving Atlantica Online forward. When VALOFE took over the game, they didn't seem to understand the game or player base. Most of the initial events were login events, where stuff is given away simply for logging in.

Now they've had 3 successful events in a row that made players active and happy. Infinity Challenge, Heart of a Fisherman and now Spooky Ghost Town, were all highly successful and rewarded players for their time with excellent rewards; mounts, accessories, mercenaries, mercenary skill books, licenses, some of these tradeable, others not, and all with stats that appealed to even the best geared players in the game.

VALOFE also seems to be listening to the player base. They are actively fixing bugs and implementing suggestions, and looking to provide content that interests players.

It's an excellent time to play Atlantica Online, as a new or returning player. While the game has an Item Mall, as I have stated before, you can be very successful, reach the max level (currently 170), participate in all game content (no content is behind a pay wall).

Atlantica Online is a unique game with 13 main classes, 70+ mercenaries and 250+ skills.

Visit http://atlantica.wikia.com, where I am one of the editors. We recently added assessments for each mercenary, including cost of ownership, which should help players understand expenses associated with each mercenary.

I look forward to seeing you in game (if you roll a char on server Sikyon). Since the game is free, all you have to lose is some time and you could gain a new game you love or at least a unique gaming experience.

Did I mention it's FREE? ;-)

Thunder073BananableAllerleirauh

Comments

• CalaruilCalaruil Member UncommonPosts: 141
    never seen this game but I'm in the market for a new mmorpg, what' it like gameplay wise?
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    I remember Atlantica Online having interesting combat.
    It's good to know that the game is doing well.

How is it population wise?

..Cake..

• SmashixSmashix Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Population is great, not as heavy as a few years ago, but now that Valofe has a handle on managing the game, it's really improved. They have been having continuous events, which give meaningful rewards to players of all levels, and players are happy. That, plus we just got the max level upgrade to 180, so players are psyched!
    Calaruil said:
    never seen this game but I'm in the market for a new mmorpg, what' it like gameplay wise?
    Hi Calaruil, the game is completely free, with no content locked behind a paywall. Install and try it, it's really the easiest way to learn about it. You can also google it or check youtube for videos. Check http://atlantica.wikia.com/wiki/ for all AO information.

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563
    I played this game back in beta up until the powersaw main was introduced. Although the p2w factor was always there, it eventually got to the point that I just up and quit. is p2w still an issue?
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    +1 for valofe being a lot fairer of a publisher than nexon (at least with their other games).

the game has always been great, it was plagued by nexon's awful management.

I'm downloading it now and hoping for the best.  It's  one of the few MMOs that isn't at all like a typical MMO.  it's like the MMO version of a squad based JRPG.
    Smashix

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I'll have to start again if I played since my old account is long gone.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    update, I DL'ed it from valofe and i can't patch it.  the patcher keeps saying "please try again in a little while" meanwhile by all accounts the game is up.

I made sure it had permissions through windows firewall but stil no connection.  seems like a permission issue but i can't figure it out.  any help appreciated.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     Heroes of Dire is a much better option ...

Smashix
    I took a brief hiatus from Atlantica since I was busy with RL stuff. I am back and the game is doing great!

VALOFE has implemented numerous player suggestions, such as buffing certain mercs, adding more warehouse tabs for more inventory space, adding feast tables that increase feast buff duration and more.

Atlantica also has more events than any other game I have ever played and event rewards almost always include mercs that can't be recruited via quests, so that more players can get a shot at having a great mercenary selection. VALOFE is really listening to the player community!
    synn said:
    I played this game back in beta up until the powersaw main was introduced. Although the p2w factor was always there, it eventually got to the point that I just up and quit. is p2w still an issue?
    It's a little p2w if you PvP. You can have lots of fun in PvP as a free player. If you want to be the absolute best PvP player, you may have to spend a few bucks, or play a long time.

PvE is absolutely free, no parts of the game are locked from free players, you can reach all zones, do all quests, and get all classes and mercenaries for free (even IM mercs are sometimes event rewards).
    Allerleirauh
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I played it a couple months after Valofe took it over....it was OK but felt different to me...They didnt have alot of the things that the game had before.....Also they didnt have the same playerbase so the market was really tough, both to sell and buy.
    Kyleran
  • BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I didn't get any notice about the service change, , I had no idea it was happening and now I guess my account is gone. Screw starting again, that's not gonna happen.
    Smashix
    I played it a couple months after Valofe took it over....it was OK but felt different to me...They didnt have alot of the things that the game had before.....Also they didnt have the same playerbase so the market was really tough, both to sell and buy.
    I can't speak to how you feel about the game, but the market is thriving. I have no trouble selling or buying anything.
    I didn't get any notice about the service change, , I had no idea it was happening and now I guess my account is gone. Screw starting again, that's not gonna happen.
    Yeah, the transfer was really short and done poorly. A lot of players got screwed by this. OTOH, it's really easy to level up and VALOFE has constant events that give rewards that help even new players.
  • BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited September 2018
    "Atlantca Online is doing great, it's a good time to start playing or return"
    Lolz

Really? How much gold you need to buy good mount? (last time i played it was 1trillion)
    Cause you know equips cost even more.

Also how much time you need to grind to lvlup after lvl 130? Last time when i played there was an event "free lvl 130 char". You also get alot of goodies, including good mercs, but to keep them you have to get to lvl 140 i think in month or something. And the thing was that they didnt even bother to give you quests to do that. When i asked in chat what should i do. People said suffer...i mean grind or leave.

Seriously they recommended to do TBS missions which require you to pay gold to do them.  >.>
    Bananable said:
    Really? How much gold you need to buy good mount? (last time i played it was 1trillion)
    Cause you know equips cost even more.
    1 Trillion? WTF? You can buy a Legendary Phoenix for 90 B and a Cool Skateboard, one of the newest mounts in game, for 145 B right now. You can also often get very good mounts from events, even often to resell.
    Bananable said:
    Also how much time you need to grind to lvlup after lvl 130? Last time when i played there was an event "free lvl 130 char". You also get alot of goodies, including good mercs, but to keep them you have to get to lvl 140 i think in month or something. And the thing was that they didnt even bother to give you quests to do that. When i asked in chat what should i do. People said suffer...i mean grind or leave.

Seriously they recommended to do TBS missions which require you to pay gold to do them.  >.>
    There's no end game in AO, so no reason to rush to 180. TBS hasn't been a recommended option for gold in along time. There are tons of things to do to get gear and gold at most levels:
    - Olympus Tower (15 separate floors, each an individual dungeon)
    - Indy Dungeons for Star Stones
    - Nation and Guild Dungeons
    - Quests, many of them repeatable, including merc recruitment quests wher you can sell the merc after you get it.
    - Etc etc.
    - Constant events. There's one going on something like 50 weeks/year.

See atlantica.wikia.com for more
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Smashix said:
    I can't speak to how you feel about the game, but the market is thriving. I have no trouble selling or buying anything.
    I tried selling several mercs, no buyer...i wanted to buy a few different ones but they were so outrageously priced I couldnt have afforded them in 5 years.
    Smashix
    edited October 2018
    Smashix said:
    I tried selling several mercs, no buyer...i wanted to buy a few different ones but they were so outrageously priced I couldnt have afforded them in 5 years.
    I don't know what to tell you, but I and many of my fellow guild and nation members recruit and sell merc summons all the time and the market is thriving. Now there are mercs that are very expensive, but 5 years? C'mon! You make more gold as you get to higher levels. Of course, if you wan to recruit the games' top mercs at level 90 when the max level is 180, you can't possibly afford it. But after say 130 or so, you start making good money.

See the Atlantica Wiki: https://atlantica.wikia.com/wiki/Atlantica_Wiki:Main for more information, The merc list now shows you how to get mercs, how good and expensive they are.