Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bard's Tale 1 Remastered

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Hey guys,

Does the remastered version of Bard's Tale 1 still have the magic it had 30+ years ago?  Also, I couldn't solve the original without the help of a clue book.  I just got lost in the dungeons.  Does the auto-map feature negate this issue?

Thanks!

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    OK, thanks man!
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I will add my agreement to many of the reviews on steam that said they managed to capture the magic, by not just re-releasing the game.  They have made tweaks and improvements (reduced the grind) and the game really gives you the same feeling as the original did in its day. 

Eventhough I tried to go back and play the original I just couldn't get through it these days.  They have just done this remake right.  I bought the trilogy and it was worth it just for the one game.  The second one should be released soon.  

ALSO, they are adding a feature so you can play it "as it was" although I honestly wouldn't want to after playing the remake.  Still. . a cool feature. . not much interest in IV at this point.  I wish they would redo the gold box series in the same way!

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Is there a PDF manual provided?  Or do you just figure it out as you go?