Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Stop, Hammer(head) Time - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageStar Citizen: Around the Verse - Stop, Hammer(head) Time - MMORPG.com

It's Friday, so that means that the next edition of the Star Citizen: Around the Verse is out and about, this time packed with a lot of neat in-game footage showing off mining and much more. It begins with a (literal) bang with a player character demonstrating some of the gunfire noises and then moves along to show off a variety of ships included in an awesome contest-winning "Misc Dedicated Mining Vessel" ad by a group of players.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Be careful when someone is mining and you fly with your ship over the mining site. When he hits a gas bubble with his mining laser, the resulting explosion can catapult you miles away. Reminds me of the scanned asteroid belt "mining events" from EVE Online.

Have fun
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586
    And before the rush of Nay-sayers... OCS and Hurston will be released after the patch 3.3 in what they call 3.3.5. In short, this is not the End as 3.4 is scheduled before end of Dec. 2018 :)
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

JoeBlober said:

And before the rush of Nay-sayers... OCS and Hurston will be released after the patch 3.3 in what they call 3.3.5. In short, this is not the End as 3.4 is scheduled before end of Dec. 2018 :)

So you're saying OCS in 2019.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited September 2018

JoeBlober said:

It's still scheduled in 2018.

Personally I think there's a good chance they will be able to actually make it in 2018, but imho they're right now in trouble with their quarterly release schedule. Releasing 3.3 on October 10th at earliest, then Object Container Streaming and Hurston, then 3.4 all within 3 months can't be part of any sane development plan.
    Octagon7711

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Vrika said:

JoeBlober said:

It's still scheduled in 2018.

Personally I think there's a good chance they will be able to actually make it in 2018, but imho they're right now in trouble with their quarterly release schedule. Releasing 3.3 on October 10th at earliest, then Object Container Streaming and Hurston, then 3.4 all within 3 months can't be part of any sane development plan.
    They've never had to worry about any sane development plan....

Even the most ardent or brainwashed Star Citizen aficionado should know better than to hang their hat on CIG's schedules.  This has been going on so long that I can recall the time before Erillion took up the 'It'll be done when it's ready' saying.

My four year old prediction of a 2020 release is looking more and more overly optimistic. 
    goobsnews

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.