Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's Happened To Heroes Of The Storm

AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
edited September 2018 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
I thought i would have a game of Heroes of the Storm tonight and i haven't played for about a year now, But i have been queuing up for games with AI and quick match but i don't seem to be able to find a game, I keep queuing up for one for about 5 minutes then i have been changing to the other and i have done this like 4 times now and nothing is happening, It wasn't like this the last time i played the game and i'm level 265, Anyone know what's happening, Is the game dead now  ?

Thanks Anna

Comments

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited September 2018
    Never mind i think i know what the problem was, When i was originally downloading the game again i started it because it said it was playable but when i closed the game and the Blizzard app, When i restarted the Blizzard app it showed the download for heroes of the storm and it wasn't playable, so not sure why it said it was playable before, But games are starting now.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I am starting to think that the inclusion of the word Heroes in a game jinxes it long term. 
    kitarad

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Amathe said:
    I am starting to think that the inclusion of the word Heroes in a game jinxes it long term. 
    The Hero complex
    Amathe

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Matchmaking in HOTS takes a while, there's still a large active community but for some reason finding games just isn't very quick. It usually takes anywhere from 2 to 6 minutes to get into a match when I search, unless I do ranked then it takes significantly less time. 
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Matchmaking in HOTS takes a while, there's still a large active community but for some reason finding games just isn't very quick. It usually takes anywhere from 2 to 6 minutes to get into a match when I search, unless I do ranked then it takes significantly less time. 
    The problem has been solved now, When i was downloading the game again and it said it was playable i decided to launch it, But for some reason i wasn't getting matched up to any game, So when i closed the game and the Blizzard launcher and restarted the launcher, The download was below playable for some reason. 

So i waited until it reached playable again and launched the game, Everything worked fine after that.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    AnnaTS said:
    The problem has been solved now, When i was downloading the game again and it said it was playable i decided to launch it, But for some reason i wasn't getting matched up to any game, So when i closed the game and the Blizzard launcher and restarted the launcher, The download was below playable for some reason. 

So i waited until it reached playable again and launched the game, Everything worked fine after that.
    Weird it would even let you queue without being fully installed. Usually it only allows tutorials with games partially downloaded (or in WoW it downloads as you need it).