Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

L2 Classic

Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
So I just started on the classic server using a VPN due to IP blocks anywhere outside of Europe. This server is great, it brings back all the feelings I had about L2 back in the day with modern interfaces and no cash shop (because it's P2P). The server seems relatively healthy as well, just hit level 15 last night. Anyone here played the L2 classic servers or have any interest in playing on them? Looking for people to level with or a clan to join. 
SovrathQuarterStack

Comments

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    way too slow for me and horribly outdated engine. plus paying a sub in 2018 for a 15 years old product is a bit of a stretch for me.
    i'll keep my nostalgia and memories of lineage 2 intact and keep on wishing for a lineage 3.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    ananit said:
    way too slow for me and horribly outdated engine. plus paying a sub in 2018 for a 15 years old product is a bit of a stretch for me.
    i'll keep my nostalgia and memories of lineage 2 intact and keep on wishing for a lineage 3.
    Yeah I can understand the game being slow now, I just enjoy that type of game still. The monthly fee is fine with me because seeing what modern L2 turned into with their cash shops it's okay to not have incredibly bad P2W in a PvP focused game. 

Lineage 3 will be coming, they just keep starting over on it. I'm sure by the time it eventually comes out it will be great. 
    I have dual box Spellsinger and Shillien Elder there. Both around level 42 if I remember correctly. Have not played in a while since I am lacking the time. This game is as time demanding as they get :).
    Nice! Yeah it is pretty time consuming but I have quite a bit of free time at home. If you ever want to party when I get around that level just message me on here!
    [Deleted User]
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    ananit said:
    Yeah I can understand the game being slow now, I just enjoy that type of game still. The monthly fee is fine with me because seeing what modern L2 turned into with their cash shops it's okay to not have incredibly bad P2W in a PvP focused game. 

Lineage 3 will be coming, they just keep starting over on it. I'm sure by the time it eventually comes out it will be great. 
    I'm sure it will be... ...

to an iPhone and Google Pixel near you.
    Phry
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    I'm done with Lineage 2 and the need to pay for extra accounts for your pet boxed buffers.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Darksworm said:
    ananit said:

well, if they can do it with Fortnite. Besides, is there really all that much demand for such a game on PC these days? Its probably a game that would benefit from the mobile market. ;)
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited May 2018
    Darksworm said:
    ananit said:

Don't underestimate mobile games. Lineage M (Lineage 1 ported to mobile), made almost a billion dollars (1 trillion korean won) last year.

Basically 99,9% of NC's mobile revenue in 2017 was due to the success of Lineage M. It was so huge in Korea that made korean players stop playing Lineage 1 and play the mobile version, which can be seen as the revenue Lineage 1 generated fell from 374 billion won in 2016 to 154 billion won in 2017 (on the other hand, mobile revenues went from 0 in 2016, before Lineage M, to 995 billion korean won in 2017, after Lineage M). 

• SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Good news. https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/2767-classic-launch-faq/?_ga=2.259170506.1369000357.1537534398-22139151.1537534398

A North American, free to play classic server will launch. It's the real deal. Rejoice. I don't know how mmorpg.com is missing this news, and the one where pearl abyss bought out CCP games. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Good news. https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/2767-classic-launch-faq/?_ga=2.259170506.1369000357.1537534398-22139151.1537534398

A North American, free to play classic server will launch. It's the real deal. Rejoice. I don't know how mmorpg.com is missing this news, and the one where pearl abyss bought out CCP games. 
    Thing is, they didn't miss it, but apparently you did.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/476263/lineage-ii-classic-servers-set-to-launch-on-october-3rd-mmorpg-com#latest

Oh yes, the CCP news? That is so last week... (over 2 weeks ago actually)

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/475929/ccp-games-acquired-by-black-desert-online-creators-pearl-abyss-mmorpg-com/p1

You did hear about NCsoft shutting down Wildstar right?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited October 2018
    Wrong Topic.

There isn't anything to miss.  Not sure why anyone would waste time on this, especially the classic server.  There is a lot about GoD+ that actually improved on the game, especially in regards to combat...  Though that did make it harder to semi-bot (e.g. have your Nostromo spam F1 on a caster, and just click to switch targets).

The only reason why the current version is worth trying is because you can get to 85 in like 5 hours and then PL yourself to 99 with macros in a few days in R Grade gear with boxed buffers.

But the fun ends there.
    korvd
  • korvdkorvd Member CommonPosts: 2
    ananit said:
    I can't say that Skelth is dead. The admins do really big work to keep the servers stable and th the Secret of empire update is coming soon, I think that Classic is not dead
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    So I just started on the classic server using a VPN due to IP blocks anywhere outside of Europe. This server is great, it brings back all the feelings I had about L2 back in the day with modern interfaces and no cash shop (because it's P2P). The server seems relatively healthy as well, just hit level 15 last night. Anyone here played the L2 classic servers or have any interest in playing on them? Looking for people to level with or a clan to join. 
    I was just coming here to say that I notice there's twice as many classic servers as there are "normal" ones, and the classic have a higher sustained population, overall, than the newer ones.

That's a great sign, and very heartening.

Even though it's not a *true* classic experience (some QoL changes in place), it's good to see that people still value and enjoy that old-school style.

So much for the claims of "it's just rose-colored glasses; you didn't really enjoy it", from people who said live classic servers would never take off.

I'm not even using the XP scrolls rewarded, because it would just speed up my leveling faster than I could gain Adena to upgrade my gear. And I really have always enjoyed just "chilling and killing" in L2. It's relaxing to me. Haven't joined a Clan, yet... but I'll worry about that when I get to Dion, maybe.
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited February 2019
    Darksworm said:

There isn't anything to miss.  Not sure why anyone would waste time on this, especially the classic server.  There is a lot about GoD+ that actually improved on the game, especially in regards to combat...  Though that did make it harder to semi-bot (e.g. have your Nostromo spam F1 on a caster, and just click to switch targets).

Love these posts.

"I can't understand why people would play and enjoy something I don't".

Why do you need to understand it? What even is there to understand? Do you openly ponder why people like foods you don't like? Drinks? Books? Music?

People have different tastes; things they like, or don't like, for different reasons. That's all there really is to understand about it.
    Post edited by QuarterStack on
    Sovrath
  • OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    edited May 2023
    How do people feel about auto farming on classic ?
    Aion and Aion classic are 2 different games. The 3 versions of Lineage are not very different.
    How do people feel about auto farming on classic ?
    Aion and Aion classic are 2 different games. The 3 versions of Lineage are not very different.
    I hate it. That's why I stopped playing. I currently can't play any form of retail L2 because of them adding in weird botting mechanics and making the game just basically fully automated.